PDA

View Full Version : What show was before Alladin?

Aisling
01-28-2008, 01:23 PM
We went to CA yesterday and saw the Alladin show (that Genie is such a crack up!), I've seen it several times, but it was my husband's first and he loved it. Yay!

Was there a show there before Alladin? He asked me and I just could not remember, so he said, 'well, why don't you ask your friends on the Disney site you like so much'. So I am!

Thanks!

NotaGeek
01-28-2008, 01:49 PM
When California Opened on February 8, 2001 the original show was called Steps in Time, and it had horrible reviews and closed on October 14, 2001.

The Power of Blast opened on November 22, 2001 and ran until September 2, 2002 when the show closed so the Hyperion could be prepared for The Aladdin show. I saw a full performance of Blast here in Phoenix and it was amazing! If you haven't seen them before, you can search for them on YouTube ... here's a link to their production of Bolero (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1x3QoibhlY).

MegaDisney
01-28-2008, 03:40 PM
Steps in Time :ack:
The Power of Blast! :number1::number1::number1:
Aladdin :number1::number1::number1::number1:

I loved Blast! I even saw the full version twice in Phoenix!

Melanie
01-28-2008, 11:39 PM
I think it's interesting that Aladdin is still showing. I had heard murmurs a long while back (maybe years) that it was in it's last shows. I'm so glad it's stuck around though. I love it!

Disneyluvr2
02-01-2008, 01:21 AM
I loved Blast and Aladdin is great too! Wouldn't it be cool if they had BOTH shows and alternated between the two every other day?!!!:thumbsup: