PDA

View Full Version : Seedless buns?

MushuGrl
01-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Good morning all!

Got a quick question...we took a friend with us last September to the World for his first trip. He loved it so much that he wants to go back in December. Here's my question...last trip he ate a lot of his sandwiches without buns because he has a stomach ailment that prevents him from eating nuts and seeds. We're going to be eating more quick service than anything this trip and was wondering if any of you knew if he could get a seedless bun if requested. Thanks!

BrerGnat
01-28-2008, 11:52 AM
I would assume that many CS locations DO have plain white buns/plain whole wheat (if he can eat that) if requested for special diets. However, given that the CS locations are all serviced from a main centralized location, they don't have the diversity of the kitchens in the resorts and theme parks that service the sit down restaurants.

It's always worth it to ask for a "plain bun, no seeds." It may be worth noting, WDW is switching from plain white buns to partial wheat buns. I don't know if they have seeds or not, but it may not be possible to get a "white bun" very soon.

Another option is purchasing a loaf of bread or a bag of buns at a supermarket off property, and bring a serving of bread inside a ziploc bag to the parks each day. If you won't have a car, the resort shop in any of the resorts that cater to a DVC unit (That would be Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club) sell basic groceries, and you can most definitely buy a loaf of plain white bread at these.

LibertyTreeGal
01-28-2008, 01:13 PM
On our trip in November, we saw wheat bread/buns with no seeds. Or at least I don't remember any seeds.... but the previous poster is correct, you can buy a loaf of bread at any resort, take along a couple of pieces in a ziploc bag and transfer -- voila! :thumbsup:

MushuGrl
01-28-2008, 03:09 PM
That is an AWESOME idea! We always take my big ol' Pirate purse so I can lug around our ponchos and such...I can lug bread too!

Thanks guys!

vamaggie
02-01-2008, 05:42 PM
My dad also cannot eat seeds. What he does is ask for "2 bottoms" when ordering a burger or something. Never tried this at WDW but has not had problems elsewhere.