PDA

View Full Version : Should I do the tea with my girls?

mouseketeer mom
01-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Always looking for new and different, I thought maybe my girls (ages 14 and 12 during our next trip) and I would do the tea at the GF. Thought it might be special girl time for us. I'm looking for opinions..we are fun and casual Mom and daughters, and I'm a coffee drinker at heart! But..it sounds kind of neat, is it "stuffy" or uncomfortable? Should we plan on dressing up if we attend? Thanks everyone!

May524
01-28-2008, 12:31 PM
I think it would be a fun thing for you to do with your daughters! I did it on my honeymoon and really enjoyed it. It wasn't stuffy at ALL! Very laid back and a bit relaxing to be honest! The pastries and all were SO yummy! :D You can dress up, but the few people there were not. But it would be fun to wear maybe a cute dress or skirt! I say go for it! :cloud9:

GrmGrninGost
01-28-2008, 05:34 PM
My DW and DD (10) attended the tea this past September. We had looked at it before and thought it was a bit pricey. This time we decided to do it anyway. It was the highlight of our trip for DW and DD! They had a tremendous time! My DD evidently made an impression on Princess Aurora as the next day we went to Toontown for the character greet and when we met Aurora she remembered my DD by name! That was very cool also! :mickey: I would highly recommend attending!

Jared
01-28-2008, 06:20 PM
Book tea and don't question your decision. Search through the forum for a series of other threads about this very topic.

I reluctantly went to tea in October and left already excited to do it again. It's one of the most wonderful and unique experiences in Walt Disney World.

You do not have to dress up. I went straight from the parks wearing shorts and a t-shirt. The tea room is beautiful, and some groups like to wear formal attire just for fun. It's absolutely not required or even encouraged.

Enjoy!

:tasty:

mouseketeer mom
01-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Wow! Thanks Jared! Your post especially got me excited about the tea! You sounded so definite about loving it!

KathyMJ
01-28-2008, 09:02 PM
My daughter (18) and I have enjoyed "Afternoon Tea" on our last 3 trips. It's one of the things we look forward to most. There's no "stuffiness" at all!! Twice we have gone right from the parks and once we opted to get a little dressed up for the occassion. Either way, you will feel special and have a wonderful time! (and this is coming from a woman who survives on coffee!!)

Natazu
01-29-2008, 01:28 AM
I don't think it's too stuffy. It's classy but the servers don't make you feel like you're not sticking your pinky out far enough or anything like that. I think everyone should try it once... twice if you can get a group of 20 INTERCOTees to come with you.