PDA

View Full Version : DVC newbie here... question regarding what is provided

figment
01-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Hello all,

We are trying to put together a list of what to take down for our first "DVC member" vacation this June. I've looked in our DVC booklets and cannot get a real good grasp on what exactly is provided. Starter packs? Toilet paper? Towels? Laundry detergent?

We are (9) staying in a two bedroom. Does this mean that the "starter packs" double?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

dlpmikki
01-28-2008, 10:20 AM
It's a bit of a mix. You should have plenty of toilet paper because they usually have spares in the bathrrom cabinet. You will probably only get two sachets of coffee - one with caffeine and one without. You will get one packet of detergent for the clothes washer. There will probably be plenty to run the dishwasher several times. Towels will get changed every 4th day unless you pay for extra - it's cheaper to use your washer. You should get 8 'big' and 8 hand towels.

Through the looking Glass
01-28-2008, 12:23 PM
We allways bring extra coffie/tea. You have to pay for that. Laundry detergent costs too. I believe everything else you can request.

JMTStone
01-28-2008, 09:38 PM
You'll get two small bars of soap. Two bottles of shampoo, two bottles of conditioner. I found sample detergent and a few dryer sheets travels well. We use gardengrocer.com for delivery of a jar of coffee, milk, peanut butter, bagels, our breakfasts, and lots of treats we would want to make when we get back from the parks. We also had them deliver a big family shampoo.