PDA

View Full Version : Captain Jacks Review January 2008

DDuck66
01-28-2008, 09:37 AM
My DW and I ate lunch at Captain Jacks in DTD on this past Suturday. We arrived at 12:45 for our 1:00 pm ADR. They were taking walkups at this time but the wait was over 30 minutes. We were promptly seated at 1:01 with no problems. Our waitress was friendly without being over the top and got us our drinks rather quickly. She gave us time to peruse the menu without being pushy. She was very knowledgable about the items on the menu. I ordered the French Dip and my DW had the Grilled Chicken Sandwich.
My French Dip was piled high and was almost to thick to dip in the au jus. The au jus was really nice with large pieces of onion cooked with the sauce. The meat on the sandwich could have been hotter but it was very good. The French Dip came with kettle chips and a pickle or you could substitute slaw. My DW's grilled chicken was pretty good, but the wheat bun was very dry.
The following is my breakdown based on 4 stars.
Seating/Hostess 3 Stars
Food 2 Stars
Food Service 3.5 Stars
Ambience 2.5 Stars

OVERALL 2.75 Stars

Overall it was enjoyable without being anything spectatcular. We would probably go again, but they are several better options at DTD.
Also for those of you wondering, we were on the DDE, and the discount was done properly, but the automatic tip was not added in. In this case, our server deserved more than 18% and we tipped her accordingly.

wendy*darling
01-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the review! :mickey:
This is one place we have considered several times, but have never actually dined in.
I will keep it on my "possible" list for the future.

Interesting that the tip was not added automatically as they have told us it would be. I am also glad to hear your server deserved more!