PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day

Mary Poppins
01-28-2008, 01:42 AM
Was just wondering if Disneyland is generally busy on Mother's Day?

tinkwest
01-28-2008, 10:22 AM
I have never been on Mothers' Day but from what I remember hearing from others I believe it is quite a busy day. There is usually a special buffet or two for MOM. :hug:

NotaGeek
01-28-2008, 12:50 PM
I have been to the park on Mother's day ... and it was busy, but it's Sunday, and weekends are always busy. There is a buffet in the Disneyland Hotel in the Grand Ballroom ... I can't remember how much it was, but I remember it was pretty expensive. Also, all mothers that enter Disneyland were being given a carnation.

Aisling
01-28-2008, 01:11 PM
I've been several times on Mother's Day (for buffet and the parks) and it can be busy, but as stated already that could be because it's a Sunday. We didn't think it was crazy busy any of the times we went. Also, it was fun to see all the moms with their children (young and old!) enjoying Disneyland.
The buffet is expensive - in the $60 per person range, but it was delicious and well worth the price for us. There is also a photo opportunity with the princesses where you can actually have a few minutes to chat with them. It was great. They kept flattering my mom all morning and just to see her blush was priceless!

BrerGnat
01-28-2008, 03:21 PM
I went last year on Mother's day and the previous year as well. They do give carnations to pin on once inside the entrance gate; it's a nice touch.

It is not any more busy than a typical Sunday, possibly LESS so because more families are doing stuff together OUTSIDE of the DLR.

Mary Poppins
01-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks for your input. We arrive on the Sat afternoon so our first park day will be that Sunday so we were debating about whether to do DCA first seeing as how it seems to be a little less popular.

I think being at the Happiest Place on Earth with my 2 small kids is a pretty good place to spend Mother's Day :mickey::D

Thanks again!