PDA

View Full Version : Christmas

cfoshe
01-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Just curious when can you start to see the first signs of Christmas at WDW. We are thinking about going every early in November is there any chance of seeing the lights.

Pirate Granny
01-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Most of the decorations are up the week after the Wine & Food Festival (ended Nov 11th this year)...the first MVMCP is usually that following week and so MK is all decked out...Last year the Osbourne Lights started the Monday after the W&F Closed...AK doesn't have as much decorations but their Xmas Parade was going that week...and EPCOT was decorated, but the Candlelight Procession doesn't start until the Thanksgiving Weekend. I think November is a great time to go...we're going around the 13th...and hope to see everything decorated...
:pirate:

Meghan
01-28-2008, 02:17 AM
In 2005 and 2006, most of the Christmas decorations were out for the last weekend of Food and Wine Festival/Super Soap Weekend/Festival of the Masters. That's Veterans Day weekend. Lots of Christmas trees and festivity. However, none of the Holiday entertainment was running yet. I don't know how much earlier than that stuff goes up though. (I've been earlier in November, but can't remember)

D-ko
01-28-2008, 10:22 AM
We went the day after Thanksgiving and most of holiday decorations were up, but not all.

We also went for New Year's Eve and found that you do not have to be there during the busiest time of the year to enjoy all the holiday goodies.:mickey:

ibrowse17
01-28-2008, 10:41 AM
We were there over Veteran's Day weekend in 2005, and most of the decorations had already started going up. The Osborne lights were not up at that point, and generally go up later then the rest.

purplestarlisa
01-28-2008, 11:11 AM
We were there 11/12 to 11/20 - and most of the decorations were up on 11/12. We also saw more decorations almost every day we were there. By 11/20, it seemed that most of the decorations were up! We woke up one morning at the WL and the tree was up in the lobby!

You are picking a great time to go - we had very nice weather and a great time seeing all the decorations! We even went to MVMCP on 11/15 - so they get started pretty early!

Have a great trip!
Lisa

Clay Ransone
01-28-2008, 01:56 PM
I went Thanksgiving Day in 2005 and 2006. Christmas was in full swing each year when we arrived at the resort (CBR and POFQ) and later that day in the parks. I will be taking my parents down November 30th this year so everything should be in full swing by then.

goofyluva9293
01-28-2008, 02:09 PM
In 2006, our last day of our trip was Saturday, Nov. 4 and we were delighted to see that Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom both had most of their Christmas decorations. It was especially cool because we were at Magic Kingdom the day before and there was no sign of Christmas at all and suddenly the next day it was all decked out for the holidays!

Jasper
01-28-2008, 02:14 PM
We normally go to WDW the week before Thanksgiving and have always found that there is a huge difference from park to park and resort to resort as to what is up and running. The "official" line is that all of the decorations and lights will be in full bloom starting the Friday after Thanksgiving. Also it is important to be aware that some of the lights have nightly "lighting ceremonies" so depending on what time you are in the parks not all of the lights will be on until they have their nightly ceremony. The one that comes to mind is the one at Epcot between the front part of the park and the World Showcase.

cfoshe
01-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks All