PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve Dinner

elmjimmlm
01-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Where do you think would be the best place to eat for New Years Eve? We are going to be there this New Year and we have 3 children. We would like to find some place nice, where children are not an issue. If it were you, where would you go?:fworks:

wendy*darling
01-28-2008, 07:59 PM
New Year's Eve is a VERY busy day!

If you plan to be in the parks that day- you will want to be there early. MK will most likely close due to capacity at one or more points during the day. (they will re-open as guests leave, then close again when it fills up)

Epcot, in my opinion, is your best bet for the day.

We did NYE 2005-06 in Epcot. We found this to be one of our most favorite WDW experiences- ever! But we had older teens, and we could go all day, and well past midnight. We planned 2 TS meals in Epcot to give us some needed relaxation time, and a chance to get out of the crowds.

One thing to know about Epcot is that they do Illuminations at 7:30 (I think) for the families with young kids. Noisemakers are passed out at about 6pm (what a racket they make! :party:) And then the fireworks go off at about 7:30. They are repeated again at midnight.

Depending on the ages of your kids- this may be a good option for you. I would plan a sit down meal for about 5pm, get your party gear between 6 & 6:30 and then find a spot for the fireworks.

Every restaurant is good for the kids- you're in Disney World! Just choose one they might enjoy. Do you have young princesses? Norway's character meal may be fun. No princesses, but you want characters- then try Garden Grill. We love Mexico, Germany, Morocco and France. Le Cellier (Canada) is probably the hardest ADR to get- but is very good.

If you do not plan to be in the parks- dine at any resort. Most of them have something fun planned for NYE- games, noisemakers, etc.

Hope that helps a little.
If you let us know the ages of your children, where you would prefer to be (what park, or not) and how late you intend to be out that night- we can be more specific! :mickey:

elmjimmlm
01-29-2008, 02:27 PM
New Year's Eve is a VERY busy day!

If you plan to be in the parks that day- you will want to be there early. MK will most likely close due to capacity at one or more points during the day. (they will re-open as guests leave, then close again when it fills up)

Epcot, in my opinion, is your best bet for the day.

We did NYE 2005-06 in Epcot. We found this to be one of our most favorite WDW experiences- ever! But we had older teens, and we could go all day, and well past midnight. We planned 2 TS meals in Epcot to give us some needed relaxation time, and a chance to get out of the crowds.

One thing to know about Epcot is that they do Illuminations at 7:30 (I think) for the families with young kids. Noisemakers are passed out at about 6pm (what a racket they make! :party:) And then the fireworks go off at about 7:30. They are repeated again at midnight.

Depending on the ages of your kids- this may be a good option for you. I would plan a sit down meal for about 5pm, get your party gear between 6 & 6:30 and then find a spot for the fireworks.

Every restaurant is good for the kids- you're in Disney World! Just choose one they might enjoy. Do you have young princesses? Norway's character meal may be fun. No princesses, but you want characters- then try Garden Grill. We love Mexico, Germany, Morocco and France. Le Cellier (Canada) is probably the hardest ADR to get- but is very good.

If you do not plan to be in the parks- dine at any resort. Most of them have something fun planned for NYE- games, noisemakers, etc.

Hope that helps a little.
If you let us know the ages of your children, where you would prefer to be (what park, or not) and how late you intend to be out that night- we can be more specific! :mickey:

My kids are 10, 8, and 6...I dont really know what park because we have never been there at NY...They have in the past done very good with the EMH...I am usually the one wanting to go back to the room and sleep and they want to keep going...:party: