PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl Winners

lwhan4
01-27-2008, 06:30 PM
My family is arriving the Friday after the superbowl. I thought that in the past I had read that some of the players from the winning superbowl team appeared in the parade at the Magic Kingdom. Is this a tradition? If so, does anyone know when this will take place?

Donald A
01-27-2008, 07:30 PM
It seems to me that it is pretty much the next day or within a couple days. I know Dungy and Rhodes went last year and don't remember when. The year before Hines Ward went. In the Disney commercial he said he was going to Disney World and "taking the bus." So he took Jerome Bettis and I remember Bettis had on mouse ears when I saw it on TV. It seems to me that Bettis and Ward went the day following the SuperBowl. I could be wrong. Can anyone clarify?

kakn7294
01-28-2008, 12:45 AM
DonaldA is right - Hines Ward and Jerome Bettis wore black and gold mouse ears as the Grand Marshalls of the MK afternoon parade on the Monday after Superbowl XL. They were back in Pittsburgh by Tuesday and I'm not even sure that they stayed overnight in Florida.

rj
01-29-2008, 07:25 PM
If so, what day will he be there?

PoohsGang
01-29-2008, 07:55 PM
If The MVP is A Patriot, Boston is planning a parade on Tuesday as they wont be back from Arizona till late Monday. Then the Patriots send 8 players to Pro bowl for following Sunday which they leave for on Wed.

So with that said if its The Patriots or a Giant that is MVP the only way he could possibly be there next week is if hes not in the pro bowl.

My bet would be on the following week which I hope as I will be there. Oh yah I almost forgot
:number1: GO PATS :thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
01-29-2008, 09:25 PM
no, no, no.....go Eli...........:thedolls:

CaptSmee
01-30-2008, 02:17 AM
I was there 2 years ago when the Steelers won the superbowl & Hines Ward was there like 2 days later.

kakn7294
01-30-2008, 07:02 AM
So I don't look like a dork with double posts (I posted nearly the same thing on separate threads that were combined), see my post above!