PDA

View Full Version : Any tips?

broadway_chick72
01-27-2008, 05:19 PM
My family is hopefully going to get to go to Disneyworld some week in July. We are hoping that we can camp at Fort Wilderness. We've been camping once there before, but basically, we packed everything but the kitchen sink. I think I'm speaking for the whole family when I say that we don't need to pack that much!

Do you all think it is nessecarry for us to bring things like a skillet, crockpot ect. ect. See, I don't. I think it's a lot of trouble.

I'm also concerned with $$$. I know I'm not the one paying for the trip, but I do know that Disneyworld can make people go broke. What are some $$$ saving tips?

ibrowse17
01-27-2008, 07:55 PM
It really depends on what you will be camping in, and how much you plan to eat at your site. We always have the basics for cooking in our camper, but hardly use them at WDW. Breakfast is about the only meal we really have to cook, and we keep that as simple as possible. Packing light is an art form for camping, and you can get away with it at Disney. As far as saving money, you have done one thing already by staying at FW. You can stay a week there for almost the price of one night at a delux. Also, plan to make lunch your main meal of the day instead of dinner. That will save some bucks as well. Have a great trip, and do not forget the AC for a July trip:thumbsup:

medic9016
01-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Are you camping in a tent or RVing in a TT or MH? It sounds like you will be in a tent. If so I would bring a few extension cords and fans. We stayed in a tent once in Sept and the fans made in comfortable for sleeping, but it was still too hot during the day in the tent.

NJ Camper
01-28-2008, 09:17 PM
If you are lookin to save money you would be best eaten in your site when you can .We always eat breakfast in our TT unless we want to do a special breakfast then we hit one of the buffets .You can also bring in groceries there is a publix close and other places close also if you want to go off property to eat there is Mc Donalds,pizza,uno,red lobster etc.

broadway_chick72
02-03-2008, 04:00 PM
We're gonna be in a popup. Thanks for anwsering everyone.

RocklandRVers
02-04-2008, 11:07 AM
My tips are not all money saving but rather disappointment saving.

Number 1: If you haven't booked yet, do it NOW! I read all the time how folks are shut out since the Fort sells out quickly! I booked for our upcoming February trip last July. A few weeks ago I booked for a week at Christmas.

Number 2: If you don't get a site now, keep trying. Call everyday. People do sometime cancel and with persistance you may get lucky.

Number 3: Here is one big money saver. Spend time in Fort Wilderness itself. The parks are fun to be sure, but the tickets are expensive. There is plenty of FREE fun in the campground.