PDA

View Full Version : All Star Sports

Hull-onian
01-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Is there a preferred location to stay in at Sports? I'd like to be near the pool location and food court. Thanks a bunch.:pick:

Strmchsr
01-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Yep. The surfing section is preferred and is near the pool/food court. That said, it's also the nosiest part of the resort as everyone walks right by it. Having stayed there a couple of times (once preferred, one not), I didn't find the surfing to be worth the money as Sports didn't seem as spread out as some resorts and staying elsewhere was a good bit quieter.

LudwigVonDrake
01-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Football isn't too far away from the main building :football:

WRWDisney
01-27-2008, 05:28 PM
We were in the football section (bldg. 10 facing the field). When you went down the stairwell, you were twenty feet from the back entrance to the food court. Frankly, you are closer to the main lobby, food court and bus stop than in either of the surfs up bldgs. We thought it was the ideal location.

We were a little concerned about the football field out front, but we never heard any noise from it. We were on the top floor (worth the stairs not to have people "walking" on you), but also, security was very good about making certain that the field was truly closed at 10 p.m. every night.

I would definitely request this rather than pay extra to be in surfs up.

wedway76
01-28-2008, 09:54 AM
We’ve always stayed in the Touchdown! section. It is close to both pools, the food court and the busses. My son loved it because he would get in to pick-up touch football games on the field. If you want a little peace and quiet try to get a room on the side away from the football field, but honestly the noise never really bothered us either. One caution when walking on or around the football field however, keep an eye open for poorly thrown or kicked footballs, they can take your head off.

I recently heard that part of Touchdown! is now a “Preferred” section (the kind you pay extra for) I’m not sure if that’s true.