PDA

View Full Version : 5 people in a 1br

gatorfan
01-27-2008, 01:17 PM
will DVC allow you to have 5 people in a room if one of the 5 is a 2 year old that would sleep in a pack n play instead of a bed?

thanks

peemagg
01-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Yes I believe that is acceptable.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-27-2008, 06:28 PM
This is answer can be much debated but...

MS will allow 5 in a one bedroom even if one is over 3. Our family stayed in a one bedroom in September and I just booked a one bedroom at SSR for this December. They do not provide bedding or towels for the 5th person. But, they are on the reservation, etc.

Yes, we are 100% honest with who is in the room and their ages. Just so I am clear that there is no deception on our part. :hide2:

I think you are allowed 4 plus a child under 3 as a rule so, you should be fine.

I am sure someone else will post differently if I am wrong.:)

#1Dduckfan
01-27-2008, 09:53 PM
I have never tried to stay in a 1 bedroom with 5 people, but I do know that the new 1 bedrooms at the AKL are designed to sleep five, with a sleeper chair that pulls out.

MaizeNBrew
01-28-2008, 12:33 AM
Yes, the guidebook I got this past week even mentioned something about having somebody <3 + the regular occupancy.

crazykids
01-28-2008, 08:36 AM
We have 3 small children & our guide told us it wouldn't be a problem at all getting a one bedroom. In fact, I have a couple of reservations right now for all 5 of us & member services didn't mention anything when I gave them all of the names of the people in our party. The only difference, as the OP mentioned, is that you will not receive towels / beding for the 5th person.

Through the looking Glass
01-28-2008, 12:26 PM
During our last stay we requested an extra few pillows, sheets and blankets. They delivered them to us without a question. We hade five at SSR (child of 3). The room did become a little cramped at times.

Aurora
01-28-2008, 02:27 PM
What about a 3-year-old as the fifth person in a studio? Has anyone done that and is it allowed?

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-28-2008, 04:05 PM
What about a 3-year-old as the fifth person in a studio? Has anyone done that and is it allowed?

I believe, I could be wrong, that 5 are allowed in a Studio in BWV. They have some kind of bench thing for a small child to sleep on.

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. ;)

I have never heard of any other studio allowing more then 4 if the 5th is 3 or older. In other words, I think a fifth would be allowed in a studio IF the child was under 3.

Does someone else know for sure?

Aurora
01-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Just found out that BWV is the only studio that allows a fifth person (3rd child) over age 2. We have a reservation for a 1 bedroom at SSR and are waitlisted at BWV. Hope it comes through.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Just found out that BWV is the only studio that allows a fifth person (3rd child) over age 2. We have a reservation for a 1 bedroom at SSR and are waitlisted at BWV. Hope it comes through.

That is what I thought. Good luck on your waitlist!!

ytzking
01-30-2008, 01:52 PM
We've stayed several times in a BWV 1 BR with 3 Adults & 2 Children ( Me ,DW,DD16,DD12 and Grandma.) BWV will not supply you with any trundle or daybeds due to fire codes. We usually bring an air mattress and the girls take turns sleeping on it. Hope this helps

tjstrike
01-31-2008, 07:35 AM
How old can that 5th person be at BWV's ? We have 5 in our family, the youngest being 7, is that too old for BWV studio ?

CarolMN
02-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Member Services will not allow 5 people in a studio unless one of them is under the age of 3 and can sleep in a portable crib (Pac 'n Play). Anyone who has a reservation for 5 for a studio got it by mistake.

The dedicated studios at the BWV have a deacon's bench (instead of a connecting door to a 1 bedroom unit). The lock off studios do not have the bench. Dedicated studios (AKA studio plus) are a request and cannot be guaranteed. It has been more than a year since MS allowed 5 in a studio and several years since the dedicated studios could be booked / guaranteed as a separate category from the lock off studios.

The benches are very small and have a hard cushion on them. In my opinion, they are not sutiable for a bed, even for a child. We used it to store our purchases or to sit on while we put our shoes on. You can find pictures of the bench on All Ears.

Even if 5 were allowed in a dedicated BWV studio, it would be crowded. There is one queen bed and a double sleep sofa. When the sofa is made into a bed, there isn't much floor space left.

MS does allow 5 in a 1 bedroom, but not a studio.

Aurora
02-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks Carol.

Just FYI, my information comes from member services. When I tried to book a studio for our family of 5 (youngest being 3 years old) I was told that I could not book a studio EXCEPT for a BWV studio. The cast member volunteered this info. She said nothing of a dedicated studio or any kind of guarantee for the room choice. Our reservation has listed each member of the family including all the correct ages of my children (12, 9 and 3). I and the CM at member services had a fairly long conversation about what was and what wasn't allowed in the studio so I'm sure she did not waitlist us for the BW room by mistake. She even mentioned that since the 3-year-old would not be in a portable bed or pack 'n' play that we could not book any other kind of studio room.

I think I know the kind of bench you are referring to; if we get the BWV studio and the bench isn't usable as a sleep bed for the toddler we'll just have him sleep with us parents and put the other kids in the foldout couch bed thingy.