PDA

View Full Version : How is Yak & Yeti?

Terk24
01-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Just wondering from those of y ou who have eaten at Y & Y how the food is? Thanks for the info!

Goofeygal
01-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Me and my DH just ate at the Y & Y and thought is was wonderful. We had just a couple of appitizers, the Lettuce wraps and the Egg Rolls.:number1:

TheMartellFamily
01-27-2008, 03:04 PM
We are looking forward to trying it so I hope there are alot of positive posts about it.

dizneeat
01-27-2008, 05:47 PM
We ate there in December and thought it was a really nice setting and the food was very good. We had the pot stickers, honey chicken and fried tempura shrimp and mango pie and fried wontons. If you wanna see photos go to my homepage.

SurferStitch
01-27-2008, 07:29 PM
We had an excellent meal there in December. The wok fried green beans were delicious. I can't wait to have them again in May!

Service was excellent, and our food was, too! We were very happy with our experience there! The servers had a great time telling stories about how the restaurant originated, where the artifacts came from, and really immersed you in the whole story. Lots of fun.

laughingplace<3
01-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Just wondering if any vegetarians have eaten there, because when I first saw the menu it doesn't appear they have anything for vegetarians besides egg rolls...:secret:

VRod RS
01-27-2008, 08:04 PM
We just ate there a couple of days ago and we enjoyed it.. The ribs I think were very good. The egg rolls were good also. I would eat there again for sure. :thumbsup:

GLM
01-27-2008, 10:19 PM
I had the fish there and wasn't well for 2 days. I know it could be coincidence, but I don't think I'll be able to eat there again.

mouseketeer mom
01-28-2008, 06:53 AM
We liked trying Yak and Yeti, we went when they first opened over Thanksgiving time. The atmosphere is interesting, lots to look at. The food was good, just good., typical asian fare. We enjoyed it, but wouldn't rush back.

SurferStitch
01-28-2008, 07:05 AM
Just wondering if any vegetarians have eaten there, because when I first saw the menu it doesn't appear they have anything for vegetarians besides egg rolls...:secret:

Trust me.....wok fried green beans....huge portion....could have made it my ENTIRE meal.
:cloud9:

I wouldn't say the food is "typical" Asian fare. The flavoring in our food was more unique. And besides....if they served truly authentic Asian cuisine there, hardly anyone would want to eat there. Just watch Anthony Bourdain or Bizarre Foods (with Andrew Zimmern), and you'll see what I mean. :sick:

DANAM
01-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Has anyone tried the counter service location? Is it just as good?

SurferStitch
01-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Has anyone tried the counter service location? Is it just as good?

We enjoyed it, but it wasn't nearly as good at the TS restaurant.

My Shrimp Lo Mein was very good, although a little oily. DH's Crispy Honey Chicken was also very good. TS is just that much better. :thumbsup:

jedigrrrl
01-28-2008, 02:40 PM
We ate there on January 2nd and it was deeeeelicious!! We had the fried green beans, the Ahi Tuna appetizer, the dim sum basket, the Pho(soup), the Duck, and the Sorbet for dessert. YUM!!!

Just as I expected, from the replies I see here, and from what I saw people ordering around me, the majority of people eat the typical stuff they can get in thier local chinese restaurant(egg rolls, honey chicken, lo mein, shrimp tempura) so I expect all the delicious stuff that we enjoyed to be off the menu in a few months..... It happens to us in every WDW restaurant we like. The yummy stuff gets replaced with boring stuff.

The sorbet was the best I have ever had. Super creamy.

I highly recommend Yak and Yeti.

laughingplace<3
01-28-2008, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=SurferStitch;1530550]Trust me.....wok fried green beans....huge portion....could have made it my ENTIRE meal.
:cloud9:QUOTE]

Thank you for replying:mickey: I'll be sure to check this out, as I have a hard time finding stuff to eat in AK.

Terk24
01-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Thank you for all the tips!!

LoriMistress
01-28-2008, 07:06 PM
DH and I enjoyed the restaurant. We ordered pot stickers (which were alright--at best), and we ordered sweet and sour chicken; which was good. We'll be eating there again.