PDA

View Full Version : Another FP ??

#1donaldfan
01-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Who would vote for being able to purchase FP's for the entire day for resort guests only, with a cap of the first 5,000 per day? The usual FP's can still be avail to anyone, but for the times indicated on their passes, just like normal. The first 5,000 who purchased them could ride any ride, using the "ultimate FP" the entire day. I've seen many, many times the FP line nearly empty and the FP's are at a way later time in the day. I dunno, I was just thinking of a way to get resort guests a little more advantage to ride the rides. ??????????

WDWgoofy
01-27-2008, 09:51 AM
FastPass is a great development for WDW and has made visiting the parks more enjoyable. I certainly believe that the system can continue to be enhanced.

I always stay at Disney resorts so I would benefit from such a change. However, it would be irritating if you wanted to purchase the all-day FastPass but they are sold-out!:mad:

Obviously this idea would generate revenue which means it likely will happen in the future.

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
01-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Wow another way for Disney to squeeze some more money out of the consumer.I dont like the idea disney has enough money and it would be like the adr's.People would have them and not use them like double booking which I think shouldn't be done.There has to be a line between convenient and just plain lazy people who don't want to stand in line.

wedway76
01-27-2008, 10:03 AM
I like the FP system like it is. Maybe they could allow you to get FP for 2 rides at a time rather than one, or let you get a 2nd FP after one hour of wait time instead of two hours.

In NJ, Six Flags has a kinda FP that you can pay extra for but I hate it. I almost feel like their attitude is something like “you can come in but if you want to get on the rides you are going to have to pay more”. It’s almost like blackmail.

I don’t mind FP lines being almost empty. That is what I like about it. I HATE when the FP line is long. I expect to walk right on or at least wait for a VERY short time.

Funforall
01-27-2008, 10:09 AM
I would vote against a pay for FP deal. Six Flags has it and it's terrible. It's like they are just desperate for more money not trying to improve guest experiences.

Even though we always stay on site, I wouldn't want FP have anything to do with the hotels. We have extra magic hours and the other benefits of staying on site. Keep it equal opportunity for everyone.

Dreamer7080
01-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Not me... :nope:

Magic Smiles
01-27-2008, 12:15 PM
I am one of those that feels that the fastpass SHOULD be ONLY for resort guests. A perk for staying at a WDW resort.......kinda like Universal.

medic9016
01-27-2008, 12:24 PM
I agree it could be improved. But no way with ticket prices we are paying.

Altair
01-27-2008, 12:31 PM
I am one of those that feels that the fastpass SHOULD be ONLY for resort guests. A perk for staying at a WDW resort.......kinda like Universal.

Would you still be for this if it was for resort guests who were US citizens only ( a perk of US citizenship)? I'm guessing not.
No one wants discrimmination unless there's a benefit for them.:goodbad:

scoot241
01-27-2008, 12:34 PM
I like FastPass the way it is.

One thing that's going to help FP I think is if they get the Nintendo DS park map system working. It's supposed to tell you what the current FP return time is at the rides as well as the standby time. It'll help make better decisions on where to get your next FP.

BMan62
01-27-2008, 01:23 PM
Definitely against paying for FP!

Might as well go back to the old coupon books then!

Leave it the way it is, for the most part, but make it a bit more accessible for the resort guests - maybe allow one or two to be issued at the resort you are staying at. Have kiosk(s) in the resorts where you can select from the different rides at the different parks, with a limitation of two FPs at a time. By the time you got to the park, you would be eligible for your next FP.

laward32
01-27-2008, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't pay extra to get a fastpass. I don't use them that often anyway, but the ticket prices are high enough. Why should we have to pay more to get right on a ride. It doesn't hurt anyone to stand in line. I also don't think the fastpass should be for resort guests only. We get other perks, like the EMH and the transportation. I think there should be something for the people staying off site to make their trip special too.:mickey:

TheMartellFamily
01-27-2008, 02:00 PM
I will not pay for fast passes. We pay enough for our vacations that paying the extra for FP is not an option. We watch are pennies during our trips that this is not possible. We get our fast passes and use them. We also have kid switch to so we can use this at the same time too. It drives me crazy sometimes that the FP line is just as long a standby but I know that sooner or later we will get on the ride.

Speedy1998
01-27-2008, 02:12 PM
What a horrible idea. 5000 people that could cut to the front of the line on any FP ride they liked no matter how many times they have been on it? The standby line would never move.

And people complain about getting ADRs 180 days in advance, can you imagine the complaints from everyone that has to get up early to ensure they are one of the unlimited fast passes to make sure they can do all the rides.

BouncingTigger
01-27-2008, 05:29 PM
I definitely don't think people should be able to buy FASTPASSes, resort guests or not. I think that would just make FASTPASS lines longer, which would defeat the purpose...

Also, making it for resort guests only would be really lame. People staying off-property shouldn't be left out of the magic - resort guests already get a bunch of perks as it is. Not everyone can afford to stay in a Disney hotel - even the "value" ones are expensive! And what about people who stay with relatives in the area, as well as people who simply live nearby? Why should they be excluded?

Polynesian Dweller
01-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Add another vote against paying for FP. I also don't think an all day FP would be the way to go. That's way too unfair to others.

But the idea of giving something to the resort guests did cross my mind. I was thinking more along the lines of 1 FP per day that the resort guest could request the day before. That is, 1 FP for the time you want for one specific ride.

A bit of a perk for staying on property that lets you get the one ride you want on a given day.

laughingplace<3
01-27-2008, 08:52 PM

I agree, but then again I wouldn't want to be the one making the rules, and I'm not. So there's no harm in me agreeing. FP lines would be cut down. It would be the same exact thing as EMH, and no one is against that.:secret: It would make people want to stay on-site more. And I'm not trying to discriminate against non-disney hotel guests, that might be me sometimes.

Funforall
01-27-2008, 09:51 PM
I like the idea of resort guests getting 2 extra FP per day. I'm sure this could be figured into your room key.

dteed
01-28-2008, 02:39 PM
If it was offered in limited numbers I think it could work well and I would do it. What I wish they would do it charge again for e-ride nights instead of EMH. They were so nice and uncrowded, well worth the extra charge.

LauraF
01-28-2008, 04:14 PM
I think it would cause more problems than solve.
It would give extreme preference to resort guests - what about those who live in the area? Just because they can come more often doesn't mean they get to ride all the rides. And how about those who stay offsite? Not only did they pay a lot of money to travel to WDW, now they can't get FP unless they pay more?

FP works by regulating the times for each ride. If the times are set later in the day you either take the ticket or pass on the ride. Either way you're not spending time waiting in a line that you could be shopping, eating or otherwise spending money on WDW property! :)

SpaceMtn101
01-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Theres only one thing you guys are not remembering and that is when attractions go 101. That is the main reason why fastpass lines get out of control and if you release more you will make it worse. Just because you stay on property doesnt mean ou get exclusive everything. Sometimes people are forced to stay in hotels off property because of conventions, cheerleader competions, marathons , or other special events. Should they be punished because they cant afford to stay at animal kingdom lodge or the poly??? Shouldnt things be equal. You also are forgeting that Walt opened this not as a place for greed but a place where families can come and have a good time and enjoy themselves together. All you are doing is turning into a greedy enviroment and spitting and disgracing Walts legacy by discriminating.

Gottaluvgoof
01-28-2008, 06:29 PM
I am against it. I used to enjoy Universal/IOA. They basically had the same fast pass system as Disney. They went to the pay system and it has gotten totally out of hand. While there last June, we paid $30 a DAY for fast passes. The best part was, they were only good on each ride once. I wouldn't have purchased them, but my sister was only able to go to each park one day, and we would have never gotten on any rides had we not paid. I like the system as it is. It's the same for everyone.

GoofeyAtDisney
01-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Would you still be for this if it was for resort guests who were US citizens only ( a perk of US citizenship)? I'm guessing not.
No one wants discrimmination unless there's a benefit for them.:goodbad:

Do you think about what you are going to write before you write it? I am not sure what American privileges and WDW Resort guest privileges have to do with one another.
She was simply making a comment stating her opinion on how she thinks the system should work, then you come back with an arrogant comment that has almost nothing to do with the original thought.
Disney World is somewhere that people all over the WORLD visit with their families, the location (US) has almost nothing to do with reason of their visit. If you want to be like this, you guys will have the park to yourselves because no one will want to visit the parks.
Next time, think about what you are going to say before you say it.

Altair
01-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Do you think about what you are going to write before you write it? I am not sure what American privileges and WDW Resort guest privileges have to do with one another.
She was simply making a comment stating her opinion on how she thinks the system should work, then you come back with an arrogant comment that has almost nothing to do with the original thought.

I was just pointing out how unfair omitting one group over another would be, not advocating anything else. The point being, people are all for special benefits as long as it includes themselves. It was just an example to show a point of view, nothing more.:tiptoe:

irish1967
01-28-2008, 09:03 PM
I like the lessons that the current FP system teaches my children (in no particular order):

First - make priorities - if {insert name of ride that runs out of FPs early in the day here} isn't important enough to you to drag your sorry behind out of bed and ride it, than either wait in the stand-by line or go without.

Second - effective time management - hmmm... I can get a fast pass for TOT that is effective in 1 1/2 hours. The standby line for RNRC is 45 minutes and TOT 30 minutes. Assuming TOT stays about the same, I can ride RNRC and TOT twice in 1 1/2 hours - not a bad use of my time.

Third - patience - 'nuff said

Fourth - attention to detail - there is enough detail in almost every queue to keep someone interested for quite a long wait - most people are too busy complaining about the wait to notice!

We stay on property and for a very short time (3 nights/4 days max) and always manage to get everything in that we want to get in. Actually, we managed to do that before the FP was instituted.

Mickey91
01-28-2008, 09:20 PM
I think Disney has already put too many price tags on items that were once free and enjoyed by all. Leave the fast passes as they are. Completely first come first serve.

wedway76
01-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Theres only one thing you guys are not remembering and that is when attractions go 101.

Great point! (I'm assuming 101 means "break down").

On more than one occasion we found a huge FP return line for Test Track. (Does Test Track ever make it through a day without breaking down?) Imagine how long the line would be if they gave out twice as many FSs.

SpaceMtn101
01-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Great point! (I'm assuming 101 means "break down").

On more than one occasion we found a huge FP return line for Test Track. (Does Test Track ever make it through a day without breaking down?) Imagine how long the line would be if they gave out twice as many FSs.

From personal expierence ... not this christmas but the christmas b4 Space mountain decided at the busiest time it wanted to go down more than once... i think it was like 7 or 8 times ... and we had almost a 2 1/2 hr standby wait and at least an hour fastpass wait and all fastpasses were gone by like 1pm... can u imagine if u would double them ... it be like a 4 hr standby wait and 2 hr fastpasss wait ....

I DONT see the logic in that one