PDA

View Full Version : Pal Mickey

Briansmom
01-26-2008, 11:51 PM
Has anyone with a child with autism bought a Pal Mickey for their child while in WDW?

DS9 has a giggle Curious George that he absolutely adores cuz George's wide smile 'gets his chin' and laughs. I've not seen a Pal Mickey in action so any stories of first hand experiences with one would be helpful in my decision to part with $65 :jaw: or not!

Strmchsr
01-27-2008, 06:23 PM
If your son likes the George he would probably enjoy the Pal Mickey. It laughs and vibrates when you're near something it can tell you about or when a parade is about to start, plus it can play games with you at other times. I haven't seen an autistic child interact with it, but it's a pretty fun (albeit expensive) toy to use at the parks and when you get home. It might also provide him something fun to interact with if you're waiting in lines.

iluvdizney2
01-27-2008, 07:39 PM
We got the Pal Mickey for an autisti child and our son just loves it. He would often jst push the button and hold it up to his ear completely shutting out the surrounding confusion. Plus it was something to hold and cuddle.
I think it was the best purchase we made.

Mickey'sGirl
01-28-2008, 08:35 AM
I agree with Donna -- our sons love Pal Mickey, and we have even had to buy different outfits for him (to suit the mood of the day -- He has a pirate suit and a rain suit -- we just need a Sorcerer Mickey suit!). If your son likes George -- I am sure he will be intrigued by Pal Mickey. We don't begrudge the bucks spent on him at all! :thumbsup: