PDA

View Full Version : Crowds on PM Extra Magic Hours??

DizneyDoug
01-26-2008, 09:45 PM
I am planning our trip in July and I am wondering how crowds are during the morning and afternoon at parks where there are evening extra magic hours?
Our daughters are 7 and 4 and we don't stay late but I'm wondering if the crowds will be lighter during the days at parks with nighttime extra hours and we could ride more rides at Studios, Epcot, and MK?

Funforall
01-26-2008, 10:32 PM
I have always found the parks to be more crowded on EM nights. Not sure about mornings. We never get up close to early enough so I don't even pay attention.

jedi jen
01-26-2008, 11:51 PM
We have gone during July for the last two years. We have found that the EMH in the evening for Epcot have been crowded. MK can be crowded at first, but if you are willing to stay past midnight, crowds go away. But it is hard to stay up that late with little ones. The EMH in the morning have been great, except that the parks get crowded around noon.

:mickey:

DreamFinder2
01-27-2008, 12:40 AM
EMH in the MK are great! It does typically take a while for the regular crowd to thin out, but it's a great feeling to be "by yourself" in the Magic Kingdom at 1:30am :thumbsup:.

TheRustyScupper
01-27-2008, 10:30 AM
1) Generally, EMH during evenings are busier than mornings.
2) But, as mentioned, VERY LATE hours are good.
3) If you can handle midnight or 1:00am-3:00pm.
4) For other hours (up to about 11:00pm) they are busy.

LudwigVonDrake
01-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Last July I was in the MK for EMH hours. The regular park hours closed at 11pm and EMHs were 11pm - 2am. At a little before 2am, I rode Big Thunder Mountain three times in a row without getting off the ride. The park tends to thin out as it gets later. Just get lots of rest if you think you'll have a problem staying up that late :sleepin:

DizneyRox
01-27-2008, 02:20 PM
As someone else said, yes, the park that has PM Extra Magic Hours is typically more busy during the day. You see, now that Park Hopping is an extra cost, those that want to take advantage of the extra magic hours need to visit that park during the day too, unless they were fortunate enough to be able to afford the park hopping feature on their tickets.

I would go to another park on EMH days and then use your park hopping option to go there at night. As others have said, the crowds really die down after the first hour. Before that, LOOK OUT! It's a mad house, especially at MK.

Speedy1998
01-27-2008, 02:38 PM
I have found that the park with evening EMH get busier later in the day. This is primarily due to people park hopping from the other parks as they close.

dumbo ears
01-27-2008, 04:31 PM
ive experienced the EMH at MK and I agree at first the crowds are a little lighter but not too bad. but weve been there around 2:30 in the morning and there has been noone in the parks. my friends nad I were able to ride splash mountain 3 times in a row.