PDA

View Full Version : Dressing up for princess meals - Yes or No?

ljv1975
01-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Others have mentioned dressing up for the princess meals. I know it would be a cute picture, :princess: but I dread being stuck carrying a princess dress stuffed in our backpack for the rest of the day after DD changes.
So, my question is, if your children have dressed up for the character meals in the past, would you recommend it?
We have ADR's for the breakfast at CRT and Akershus. We will also be going to the P&P party, so I figured she would get a decent amount of wear out of it. I'm just not sure which princess costume to get if we decide to dress up!! :princess:

Quasimodo
01-26-2008, 06:54 PM
We've let our daughter wear princess costumes to the Princess Breakfasts. We let her wear it for a little while afterwards and then go back to our room and change. If you aren't staying on property or just don't want to go back to your room, you can rent a locker.

disnygrl08
01-26-2008, 08:24 PM
We are going in June 08 and my 3 year old will be dressing up when we go to the Cinderella breakfast. When I called to make the reservation the lady I talked to said most of the little girls will be dressed up. I'm also going to take her to the boutique to get her hair done. It's her birthday so that will be her special treat. Have fun!

beckylovestink
01-26-2008, 08:43 PM
When we went on our last visit my dd (21/2) wore her Cinderella dress to breakfast and then wore it all day at the park...since the weather was cooler she had pants underneath. So many kids wear them in the parks she wanted to keep it on. We are leaving in 10 days and I plan on taking her dresses again and let her wear them and enjoy them!
I think the locker idea is smart if you don't want her to wear it or carry it all day!!:mickey:

Natazu
01-26-2008, 08:53 PM
I'd say make an event out of it. Bippity Bobbity Boutique and everything. You only go around once.

irish1967
01-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Here is what my SIL did for my nieces the last time they visited...

They had an ADR at CRT for the evening they arrived at WDW. Since they spent the day travelling, they weren't intending to spend any additional time in the MK. For that meal, both DN wore their favorite princess dress. BUT also understood that if their luggage didn't make it to the resort in time, they would be wearing their travelling clothes to the meal.

Later in the visit, they had ADRs at a princess lunch in Norway. Since it would be in the middle of the day, both girls wore t-shirts with matching shorts with a picture of their favorite princess on the t-shirt. Comfortable, but still in the spirit of princess meal. I was fortunate enough to go along to this meal and can say that every princess who came by the table was very complimentary on the girls' outfits.

jsw123
01-26-2008, 08:58 PM
We went to the Princess lunch at Akershus and you were definitely in the minority if your child didn't have a dress on. We only gave the option of cool dresses. (No Ariel's wedding gown with long sleeves!) My daughter wore her Mermaid costume the rest of the day and got some great pictures with Mulan and the Aladdin characters. They get extra attention, I think, if they're in costume, too. Anyway, the Mermaid costume didn't take up too much room. None of the costumes weigh that much, so I say let her wear it! Not many occasions to dress as a Princess in the general public!!:mickey:

Hair_Razor
01-26-2008, 09:28 PM
I made my daughter her Snow White costume and she is so jazzed about wearing it I'm not sure we will be able to get it off her even after the meal. She asks to wear it everyday now as it is.:D

JCDarzi
01-26-2008, 10:50 PM
At the princess meals that we have been to, I would say that 80-85% of the girls were in princess costumes. My DD4 is very much a princess girl and not only wore her dress to the princess breakfasts but would usually wear them the rest of the day...uncomfortable shoes and all.

The first time we took her to BBB, she got the Ariel wedding dress with the princess up-do. That was on a Wednesday and she wore all her royal regalia Thursday in the park, Friday in the park, the plane ride home on Saturday and to church on Sunday.

On our last trip, the luggage didn't arrive in time for our first princess dinner and my daughter had to wear her regular clothes. She was okay with it and enjoyed the princess interaction just as well.

The dresses are fairly lightweight but they do take up a lot of room in a bag. We had our strollers and we were able to just stuff it underneath in the stroller basket during the times that we made her take it off (Our last trip in September had temps in the high 90s). I would bring comfortable shoes, I don't know how my DD4 did it but those shoes are very uncomfortable. Most girls were wearing tennis shoes or more comfortable sandals with their princess dresses.

Have a great trip.

ljv1975
01-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Do you think it matters if my DD dresses up like a Disney princess? She has a pink princess dress that I got after Halloween last year just for her to play dress up in. I thought she could wear that, but now I'm wondering if an actual Disney princess is better or if it even matters?!?!? :confused:

scootch713
01-28-2008, 10:14 AM
Which dress is the most comfortable?? My girls NEVER wear there princess dresses at disney... because they are not comfortable... I usually just pack cute sundresses. So I would look at the comfort idea and not worry if they don't wear it.

dolphinmickey9170
01-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Our DGD wore her princess dress (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561855375gWKpEa)for breakfast at CRT. It was rather cool so we had to change her, but it was so thin, I just folded it up and stuffed it in her bag. You could always rent a locker if you don't want to carry it around.

PixieChick
01-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Our last trip both my dd's wore their costumes. One was Belle, the other Jasmine. The dresses were size 6x. I found I could fold them down small enough to fit into a gallon size ziploc bag, even the puffy Belle one. I know it doesn't seem possible, but it worked and they didn't take up that much room in my backpack. They wore them over shorts and t-shirts and took them off when they had enough. They did get extra attention from the cast members everywhere, which they loved. We had a 10 am breakfast at Akershus and about half the girls were wearing dresses. I would let her do it, it was a lot of fun and the pictures are really cute. Although, a really cute princess sundress would be cute to. Whatever you do, enjoy your trip!

SurferStitch
01-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Our DGD wore her princess dress (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561855375gWKpEa)for breakfast at CRT. It was rather cool so we had to change her, but it was so thin, I just folded it up and stuffed it in her bag. You could always rent a locker if you don't want to carry it around.

OMG!!! Your little princess looked like she had such a wonderful time! Absolutely adorable!!