PDA

View Full Version : Best use for snack credits

ljv1975
01-26-2008, 10:22 AM
I have read that some of the snack options that were allowed last year aren't included on this years plan. What do you think are the best items to use the snack credits on to get the most for your money? Thanks!!

dolphinmickey9170
01-26-2008, 06:42 PM
The Chili Cheese Fries at Peco's Bills!!

Natazu
01-26-2008, 09:05 PM
One unsung value is the bread sticks at Safari Pizza. It's filling, tastes good, and saves you $4 ($8 really since it basically feeds two)

mouseaddict
01-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Onion rings!! I know you can get them at Flame Tree, and at OKW...They are awesome!

TBY2225
01-28-2008, 09:50 AM
We were in Disney the weekend of MLK it seemed like almost all the old snacks are still included. I did notice that the 8 pack of Entimenns (SP) doughnuts no longer had the symbol beside them, but everything else from previous trips did. All the park locations seemed to be the same as they were in 2006 and 2007. Hope this helps!

kristom
01-28-2008, 05:03 PM
I did notice that the 8 pack of Entimenns (SP) doughnuts no longer had the symbol beside them, but everything else from previous trips did.

Does everything that can be ordered as a snack under the dining plan have a symbol next to it indicating that is can be used as a snack?

Same question for the CS? Do places indicate on the menu boards or somewhere that they can be used for the Dining Plan?

Natazu
01-29-2008, 01:19 AM
Does everything that can be ordered as a snack under the dining plan have a symbol next to it indicating that is can be used as a snack? Not really. Sometimes you have to ask or you'll miss some things.

Same question for the CS? Do places indicate on the menu boards or somewhere that they can be used for the Dining Plan?Sorry, there is no CS indication. It can be quite confusing.

AwPhooey
01-29-2008, 08:10 AM
One unsung value is the bread sticks at Safari Pizza. It's filling, tastes good, and saves you $4 ($8 really since it basically feeds two)

I second the bread sticks at Pizzafari! :thumbsup:

If you're really hungry, grab an order for yourself and you'll be full by the time you're finished; if you're not very hungry, share the order with someone and it makes a perfect sized snack!

jszczur5
01-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Doles whips. And then maybe some more Dole whips.

Jared
01-29-2008, 05:13 PM
I love those ice cream sandwiches at the Main Street Bakery. They're huge and can easily feed a couple of hungry people with an active sweet tooth.

:tasty:

Mickey91
01-30-2008, 12:29 AM
We use ours at breakfast for a Cinnamon bun or pastry. Then with the free refill at the beverage island, all our meals are free! (we usually go during the free dining promo in Sept):mickey:

DisneyDD2
01-30-2008, 11:52 PM
Pineapple Floats @ Aloha Isle in Adventureland.

tinkerbell04
01-31-2008, 09:29 AM

I too second the breadsticks. They are delicious! We also like to use the snack credits for the create your own snacks at Goofy's Candy Co. We like the pretzel rods and the marshmallows that you dip in chocolate and then top with your cloice of dry toppings.:mickey:

jedi jen
01-31-2008, 10:03 AM
Some of our favorites, are Dole Whips, floats of any kind, treats from Goofy's Candy Shop, Citrus Swirls, Mickey shaped chocolate dipped rice krispie treats, and Itsakadoozie to refresh the kids in July--if you have not heard, it can be hot. :mickey:

LeeAnn
01-31-2008, 06:18 PM
Just curious, was the large milk incuded as a snack credit (like leat year). That came in handy w/ 3 sm kids.

magicofdisney
01-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Just curious, was the large milk incuded as a snack credit (like leat year). That came in handy w/ 3 sm kids.
I can't answer your question, but I totally agree. I loved the option of getting the milk and the donuts with snack credits. Too bad they took away the donut option.

Young@Heart
02-01-2008, 12:31 AM
Some of our favorites, are Dole Whips, floats of any kind, treats from Goofy's Candy Shop, Citrus Swirls, Mickey shaped chocolate dipped rice krispie treats, and Itsakadoozie to refresh the kids in July--if you have not heard, it can be hot. :mickey:

So the Dole Whips are still included? They are by far my favorite! The first thing I eat when we go to MK our first day. It's so nice to get that w/ the meal plan.
If they change it to just soda, chips, fruit, or frozen treats I'd probably reconsider the meal plan. It's pricey for our family of 5, but a great value when we go for the more expensive items. :thumbsup:

AvonleaCF
02-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Definitely a bag of bagels at the gift shop in the resort. Breakfast every day for "free."

I found it more cost-effective on my last trip, when I had free dining, to pay for bottles of water out-of-pocket and use my snack credits for food that was valued at $3.50 or more.

jsdt
02-01-2008, 05:36 PM
We just got back and at least for how we bought snacks previously there was a big difference. In the past you could buy any "snack" in the gift shop that was under $4. We would buy the bags of bagels, the boxes of donuts, the really large bags of tortilla chips and jars of salsa (anything under $4). Now we couldn't buy any of that. Everything has to be single serving so you can't buy these things. Same thing with beverages the large milk which was like $1.99 we couldn't buy but the smaller "single servings" we could. It was funny because the really large milk which was skim or low-fat was actually cheaper than one of the single serving milks but we had to buy the more expensive single serving. If you use them as snacks in the park, it looked pretty much the same but if you use them at the gift shop for breakfast there is changes.