PDA

View Full Version : hotels outside of the World

kbvette
01-25-2008, 10:04 PM
I was wondering what hotel everyone recommended just for one night. We would like something under $100.

Cinderelley
01-28-2008, 01:15 PM
I was wondering what hotel everyone recommended just for one night. We would like something under $100.

What about staying at one of the value resorts?

adoptionislove
01-28-2008, 01:42 PM
We are staying at the POP CENTURY for 2 nights just before our Land and Sea package begins and it is 100.00 per night and we get all the benefits of staying at the World!!!

We have also stayed at the Sheraton Vistana just outside of the World and it was really nice!

D-ko
01-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Yes, I agree, stay at one of the Value Resorts, they're clean, fun, and convenient, to say the least.

If you must stay outside the resort, We have stayed at the Ramada Maingate West (http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/check_avail?brandCode=RA,MQ,DI,HJ,KG,SE,TL,BU&searchWithinMiles=25&areaType=1&destination=kissimmee&stateName=Florida&state=FL&countryName=United%20States&country=US&checkInDate=02/05&numberAdults=1&numberRooms=1&checkOutDate=02/06&numberChildren=0&rateName=Best%20Avail&rate=000&variant=&id=30064&propBrandId=RA&force_nostay=false) many times over the years. It's an older hotel, but it was great for the price ( we paid $40 a night last March). It's clean, the rooms are large and it has a cool indoor pool :)

Across the street from this hotel are newer hotels (Holiday Inn, etc) that run less than $100 a night. It's a convenient area to stay at. I think it's a mile and a half from the entrance to the WDW Resort.

Stay at a value resorts if you can. The experience is not the same, for me, staying off-site. It really does up the magic quotient.

laprana
01-28-2008, 02:22 PM
If you don't want to go the Value Resort route, there is a very nice Fairfield Inn on Vineland Road (might have been Vineland Ave. :confused:) in Lake Buena Vista. We stayed there in December for the first night of our trip and it was very nice with a free continental breakfast. The location was pretty good, too - about 5 minutes from DTD! It was in the Marriott Village and there were 2 or 3 other Marriott hotels there. We paid $65 (including taxes) for a regular room for 3 people. Hope this helps! :mickey:

MushuGrl
01-28-2008, 02:36 PM
We're contemplating staying offsite this time due to the fact that the week we're coming is Pop Warner week...I'm assuming these hotels have shuttles to the park? And what about transportation to and from the airport?

I'm spoiled by Magical Express and may just take a Moderate and hope for the best if it's too much of a hassle...

#1donaldfan
01-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Just for the night before checking in to our resort, we used the Holiday Inn Express off of interstate 4, exit 68......# 407-239-8400. It was with a AAA discount, just under 100.00 in June '07. It was very nice, with a free cont. breakfast, and our kids loved the pool......I hope this helps you out....:thumbsup: