PDA

View Full Version : Crowds during ESPN the weekend??

mreinventtt
01-25-2008, 08:46 PM
How were the crowds last year during ESPN the weekend and do you expect them to be the same this year? Anyone w ho was there last year, can give me some input??
Thanks...
Missy :thumbsup:

Funforall
01-26-2008, 08:28 PM
We were wondering the same thing.

Also, should we plan on 3 days worth of things to do or should we plan just one. I expect that there will be different athletes/personalities at different times but if the routine will be the same, we'll experience it with our favorites and then visit other parks.

Mickey_Fan0020
01-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Hi,
Well
Did you ever watch Espn On Tv.
It is kinda crowed.
But I never went that time.
We go in September.:mickey:
Sorry,
I didnt help much
But thanks for reading..

Anne
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

TheRustyScupper
01-27-2008, 10:27 AM
1) Pretty crowded.
2) But, that is the idea of WDW special events.
3) In this case, the plan works well.

Dreamer7080
01-27-2008, 11:36 AM
We've been going to ESPN The Weekend for the last couple of years and we really enjoy it! The crowds aren't terrible, but there are obviously a lot of people. Most of the day, people are busy with the athletes that the lines for the rides aren't very long.
When we go we like to go for the three days. There are different athletes doing different things (shows, interviews, interactive things...) everyday so you may miss someone you really want to see if you only plan for one day there. A schedule for the entire weekend is available on Friday, so we usually look it over and mark off our must see's for the weekend.
:baseball::basket::football::golf::hockey::ref:

Mickey_Fan0020
01-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Hi Anne again,
Today I met Family and talked about Disney.:mickey3:
I told my family about your post and I just found out my Sister and her Hubby went to Espn Weekend Last Year.:balloon:
She said it is the BEST TIME TO GO!:thumbsup:
It's not to crowed!
She said it's not very hot and not very Cold.
And her Hubby loved it so, she said your hubby would have Fun too.:rocker:
Sorry for the last Post.:hide2:
Thx for Reading and Have a great Time at the World.!:vacation:
Thx for Reading.
Bye!:wave:
Anne:princess:

Funforall
01-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Looks like we are going to have a great time.

Belle619
01-28-2008, 10:22 AM
We went last year during ESPN The Weekend - it wasn't planned, it just happened to coincide with our vacation time. I have to say that at first I was scared that I picked a terrible time for us to go because it was also the last weekend of the P&P party, but it really wasn't bad at all!

The lines for the athlete shows were long, but the wait times for rides and other attractions actually weren't that bad. Even when they were filming for ESPN, the crowds were still definitely manageable.

Taja
01-28-2008, 01:32 PM
I went durng ESPN The Weekend in 2007--strictly coincidental. Had an unexpected free week, free airfare and an AP. What is a woman to do?

Not being a sports fan, I avoided DHS that weekend.