PDA

View Full Version : What to expect June 8-16

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
01-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi guys

I am planning another trip and for the first time I do not want to go at Christmas so I decided June.

Will it be very crowded 8-16 of June? How is the weather in this month??

laughingplace<3
01-25-2008, 05:53 PM
It will be less crowds than July, because a lot of schools do not get out until the end of June (meaning less kids, less crowds). So it actually shouldn't be that crowded! As for the weather, I'm assuming the usual mid-80's average. Maybe someone can better assist you with the weather part, I'm not positive.

MK_Mtns
01-25-2008, 07:05 PM
that's funny because we are leaving for disney on the 16. hopefully it wont be that bad, i heard it's hot but not unbearable and it rains for like 10 mins everyday, but what do you expect in florida. idk, should be good, have fun!! i know i will.

hubbyofadisneyholic
01-25-2008, 07:20 PM
We have been there in early June a few times and you can expect it to be HOT (90s are pretty much the norm), very humid (don't be surprised if it rains every day for anywhere from a few minutes to several hours) and fairly crowded (but not as bad as holidays).

You will still have a good time, but be prepared to pace yourself and drink lots of water. :thumbsup:

bshaw96
01-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Been the first 2 weeks of June our last 2 trips. Crowds are moderate, doable with fast passes. Weather is hot and humid. It averaged around 95 degrees both trips, with heat indexes in the low 100's. But the humidity was the worst part.

brewcrew26
01-27-2008, 07:31 AM
It's been a few since we went in June, but I just remember it being hot and humid. Not quite as bad as the July trip we took once (won't do that again if I can help it), though.

The crowds were manageable. The rain came for maybe an hour tops each afternoon, you could almost set your watch by it. I do remember one time it getting really bad and having to stay in the Germany pavilion at Epcot watching the guy paint the Hummel figurines. But a 14-year-old attention span can only take so much and finally we made a run for it.

#1donaldfan
01-27-2008, 08:07 AM
It'll be hot and humid, drink lots, and lots of water....our kids use the spray bottles for the cool mist effect...it really does help....the crowds will be WAY different than your used to. Christmas is the busiest, so you know about crowds, June will be busy, but not to the extent you've seen. We've gone in June before and really enjoyed it.:thumbsup:

Goofy Texan
01-27-2008, 10:07 AM
I went in early June 2 years ago and will be there from the 9 to the 18th this year. I enjoyed it. Even though the heat was enough to force us from the parks for the hottest hours of the day.

The main reasons I like this time to go is:

I only have to pack warm weather clothes and don't have to worry if I need to carry a jacket around
If it rains, I'll only be wet, not cold and wet
There are morning and evening EMHs every day
There are multiple showings of Spectro, Wishes and Fantasmic every night
The parks are open later, allowing for long heat-busting, feet-resting, mid-day breaks
Street shows and atmosphere characters are out in full force
All attractions are running at full capacity, and there are fewer refurbs
Enough people stay out late and have trouble getting up for park opening, allowing me relatively crowd-free mornings in the parks
Since it's summer, it FEELS like vacation!

ALWAYS have water with you. I was surprised how often I wanted a drink and couldn't get one (Lights, Motors, Action stunt show for one). Bring a small pocket-sized fan. The misters, are great but big and heavy. Having a pocket fan will save you when you're in a line with no AC or on a stuffy bus.

:thumbsup: In my opinion early/mid June is a great time to go!

disneyfamily05
01-27-2008, 11:14 AM
We were there last year from June 7 (Thursday)- 13 (Wed.). Overall the crowds were not too bad - we did use FPs when we could. The longest waits were we actually stood in line was at the Studios for the Great Movie Ride - it was about a 45-55 min. wait. The other big wait i remember seeing was for Peter Pan on an EMH night - almost all night it was well over an hour wait. I do distinctly remember noticing a jump in crowd difference beginning that Sunday - but it still was not that bad.

It is true - that every afternoon it rained and some in the evening too. To me this was a good thing. Frankly i don't think me and the kids will melt from a little rain - and i did have ponchos for one storm that we got caught in. On the night we arrived a storm was coming in but we decided to go to MK anyway - droves of people were leaving and it ended up sprinkling for less than 5 minutes. We pretty much had the park to ourselves the rest of the night and walked on everything.

I don't know who is going on you trip (kids, teenagers, adults, etc.). I had two kids (DS6; DD4) and my mom so we left around 11 or 12 each day and went back to the hotel for a nap - which helped a lot b/c it kept us out of the intense heat & humidity during the day. The parks were open late enough that we would go back to the parks around 6 or 7 every night.

The spraying water bottles do help although a bit pricey - but in the end worth it.

Best of luck on your trip - just try to stay in the shade when you can and drink lots of water like the other posters have said.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
01-27-2008, 05:20 PM
It'll just be me so don't have to look after other people :)

Does anyone know any temperatures that are common in June (preferably Celsius :D )? And does it cool down in the evening?

KODABEAR
01-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Don't forget your sunblock! Bring it with to the parks so you can re-apply as needed. Not much of a temperature change but without the sunshine it feels cooler. :mickey:

D-ko
01-28-2008, 05:30 PM
I was there June 11, 2007. It was crowded and oppressively hot. The temperature is hitting the 90's by that time of year. Both the Magic Kingdom and Epcot seemed extremely busy.

hubbyofadisneyholic
01-28-2008, 07:32 PM
It'll just be me so don't have to look after other people :)

Does anyone know any temperatures that are common in June (preferably Celsius :D )? And does it cool down in the evening?

31 - 34 Celsius would be pretty much normal during the day. It cools off a little at night, but would still probably be 25 - 28 C. and still VERY humid. (Hope I did my F to C conversions correctly) :blush:

DisneyMama18
02-01-2008, 09:53 AM
We were in Disney this past June, from the 10th-16th. It was very hot and muggy and very busy, but it was manageable with proper planning. We had 3 children with us ages 9 months, 4, and 9 and we all had a great time. We tried the whole get up early and get to the park when it opens and that did not work for us. We ended up sleeping in a bit and not taking advantage of the extra magic hour in the morning, but did do the extra magic hours in the evening. We were at the MK until 1:30 one evening. It all depends on whether your a morning family or an evening family.

I also highly recommend the use of fastpasses. We could not of done half of what we did without those passes. The lines for Soarin and Test Track at Epcot were almost 3 hours long without the fastpasses. Same for Space Mountain and Pirate of the Caribbean at the MK too.

We scheduled a day to spend at our hotel one day in the middle of our trip. We slept in, hung out by the pool all day until it was time for our dinner reservation. This gave us a break from lines and all the crowds.

With a lot of planing, strategically using thefastpasses, and patience you should have a great time amidst the heat and crowds.:mickey:

May524
02-01-2008, 11:36 AM
It will be HOT and humid! The crowds are do-able. Don't expect low wait times or uncrowded bus lines. But if you know all of that before hand you will still have a great time! :)

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
02-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Thanks guys!

I think I will try early June, brave the heat ;) thanks for the advice about sprayers and drinking

But I am right in thinking that it will not be as busy as December 20 - January 4th right?

rt207
02-01-2008, 09:57 PM
I've been at this time 3 times. The 1st two times weren't too bad (but I like the heat). Crowds are doable. The last time I went, it was so hot and humid, even I couldn't stand it. We had 5 day Hoppers and only used 2 days because it was so bad heat-wise. Use misters and/or those cold neck wrap things. They help a lot! Hopefully, that last time was a fluke...

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
02-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Is there actually a theme for summer? Like the Winter holidays theme?

And again, the crowds will be less than December 22 - January 4 right??:)

hubbyofadisneyholic
02-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Is there actually a theme for summer? Like the Winter holidays theme?

And again, the crowds will be less than December 22 - January 4 right??:)

It definitely is NOT as crowded in June as it is around Christmas.
We will be arriving on the 16th just as you are leaving.
ENJOY!!!!!:mickey: