PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate WDW Trip

brad192
01-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Hi Folks!

For my 500th post, I thought I'd pose a question to all of you that was asked of me awhile back. Here's the scenario:

A wealthy philanthropist, who is a Disney Nut, hands you a blank check & tells you to select up to 10 people of your choice & head for WDW for a 2 week stay. Who would you take? What would you do? Where would you stay? You get the idea.

Remember, you have unlimited funds & 2 full weeks to fulfill all your Disney Dreams. Let your imagination run wild.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi Folks!

For my 500th post, I thought I'd pose a question to all of you that was asked of me awhile back. Here's the scenario:

A wealthy philanthropist, who is a Disney Nut, hands you a blank check & tells you to select up to 10 people of your choice & head for WDW for a 2 week stay. Who would you take? What would you do? Where would you stay? You get the idea.

Remember, you have unlimited funds & 2 full weeks to fulfill all your Disney Dreams. Let your imagination run wild.:mickey:

:party:

I would stay either at Animal Kingdom Lodge-Savannah View or the Wilderness Lodge.....

I would try some of the nicer restaurants I never get to eat at like Victoria and Alberts

I would try one of the tours since I have two full weeks, probably Keys to the Kingdom

I would do one of the river cruises where you can watch Wishes at Night....

I would take my mom, sister, and son and they could stay in my suite....I would also take my dad too because DisneyWorld is something he would never pay to do himself and I would like for him to see what its like, but he would have to have a separate room as he and my mom are divorced.....I would let my son pick one friend to bring with him-I have a friend and her husband who've never been and they have three sons...they would never be able to afford it on their own so I would invite them and get them a suite as well......

I would take time to enjoy my time at the park and not rush so I might also have time to relax and explore other resorts/maybe we could split the stay and stay a few days at the Polynesian as well......

laughingplace<3
01-25-2008, 05:48 PM
I would bring my best friend, who loves Disney too.:mickey: I would add 4 of my friends staying in a different room or have a combining suite. I'd bring along my mom, dad, aunt (who loves Disney), and my mom and aunt's best friend.

I would stay at Cinderella suite for the first 5 days. Then Contemporary clubhouse 5 days, Animal Kingdom villas 2 nights, Beach Club villas 2 nights.

I would do a lot of tours and things I don't have time for, like DiveQuest etc. at Epcot. Behind the scenes tours, and the fireworks boat. I also know that WDW has catered parties in different places, so I'd have a kickoff one, a middle of the trip one, and a concluding one. I'd invite some friends from back at home to come:party:
I'd eat AS MUCH AS I COULD! I love all food in WDW. I'd eat wherever I wanted, whenever- and often!:eat:
I'd go shopping and spend more time in DTD and go to the waterparks. I suppose that's it!

Madame Leona
01-25-2008, 06:07 PM
I LOVE this question.

For starters I would bring my husband, our two sons and my parents. We would stay in a Grand Villa at the Boardwalk Villas. I would also bring dh's grandparents. I would put them up at the Poly since it is a dream of theirs to stay there. I realize that's only eight people but I can't decide who the last two should be without hurting other people's feelings. If my sons were older, I would let them each bring a friend.

I would spend everyday in one of the parks or at a waterpark for at least half of the day. I would really like to go miniature golfing, get a massage at one of the wonderful spas and spend a couple of evenings at Disney Quest. I would send my dad golfing as many times as he would like, at any course he wanted to play. For Dh's grandparents, I would send them to Victoria and Alberts for an evening and rent them those ecvs(?) for the entire trip.
I would also eat at one character meal everyday with my boys and do whatever their little hearts desired. I would try to do something for my mom but she would just want to spend every waking minute with my boys so I would just make sure they didn't run her to ragged.

Hair_Razor
01-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Wow, I think this would be amazing!
Well first off the cast would be me, DH, DS, DD, DM, Ddad, DMIL, I would invite my birth sister and her husband and two children we have never met in person and I think this would be the perfect way to meet! (just found her 3 yrs ago I was adopted).
Day1
I would start the journey by booking GF suites for all of us for the first 4 days. I would book a day of pampering for us ladies and send the boys to Disney Quest.
Day2
Cirque du Soleil (sp) after a day at the parks
Day 3
Illuminations cruise
Day4
Backstage tour
Day 5
move to Polly for the rest of week one.
Week 2
Move to Contemp. for 3 days
Lots of touring the "World"in these days
The biggest things would be eating at all the places we haven't yet Le Cellier, Artists point, princess at the castle, Sushi in Japan, I think I would eat in every country and sample all the wines, my mouth is watering as we speak! I would make a point to do a Fantasmic dining Brown Derby?
Last 4 days at AK Villas by then I would need to do laundry :D
And since we're dreaming I would do some serious damage at DTD. Scrapping and souvenirs galore.
If I could buy it I would definitely buy a night in the castle or any place inside the park overnight!
This was a fun post my imagination could go crazy and you would be reading for days!:blush:
Thanks

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-25-2008, 11:59 PM
It would be my 2 sisters, my 4 nephew, me and the other 3 will be chosen later. (Probably 2 BILs if they wanted to go).
I'd do some resort hopping, probably the Poly, The GF, Y&B. We would eat at the restaurants that caught our appetites. Definitely a tour or two. And I'd want to do the Fireworks and Illuminations cruises. I'd reserve a private after hours party for my family and for my friends who live in FL. And believe it or not, play mini golf since this is something we never have time for. Cirque too. And rent some water mice and parasailing etc. And maybe the 3 or 4 night cruise in there too. And definitely shop till I drop! And fit some spa time in there as well.

BigRedDad
01-26-2008, 03:26 AM
Who to take: My parents, 3 nieces and a nephew, DW, SIL, BIL.

Where to stay: King Kamaemae at the Poly

Things to do: Since it is a blank check, I would do all the things that are usually out of budget. Firework cruises, private dining, surfing, parasailing. I would also contract the parks to be open all night just for the 10 of us to enjoy. All rides, all staff, and no one else in the parks.

IloveJack
01-26-2008, 02:27 PM
I've dreamed of this before... :cloud9:

I would take my DH, his parents, my parents, my brother, his girlfriend, and my best friend and her DH (and their 3 mo. old, since he'd be free).

We'd stay at AKL with a savannah view for 3 days, WL for 3 days, GF for 3 days, Poly for 3 days, and end up at POR (as it's our fave) for the end.

I'd do all the non-park things that I never think about, since we never go for more than 4.5 days. Things like tours, mini-golf, waterparks, resort visiting, etc. We'd also eat our way around WS and then around the resorts. We'd have breakfast at the Castle more than once. I'd also rent each park overnight, just so we could ride every single thing there. And I'd rent a charter jet, so we could be there as long as humanly possible. Lastly, I'd buy all the works of art in The Art of Disney, in DTD that I've drooled over for years.

It's fun dreaming! :cloud9:

DisneyCrazyET
01-26-2008, 07:56 PM
I would take the same group I've gone with before. DH. DS.DS and I. DB,DSIL, DSIS, DBIF and DN and she would be able to bring a friend. Now we have ten.
First off, we would have a limo at our disposal.
We would stay at Poly for 3 nights.
Beach Club 3 nights
CB for 2 nights
AKL for 2 nights
We would do more table service and character meals.
Fireworks cruise.
Tours
Unlimited shopping
This is fun! :mickey:

heidi614
01-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Oh Where to start! Me, DH,DD,DS,DM,DFather,and our best friends.
I would stay at Cinderella's Castle for 2 nights, While the others were at their choice-Poly, Beach Club etc..Then a suite at the GF, Keys to the Kingdom Tour, A grand gathering wishes cruise with Peter and Hook. Shopping unlimited, dinners with style then a Disney Cruise with the best suite on the ship and daily spa treatments and then of course shopping and more shopping and more spa treatments!!!:cloud9:Oh to dream!

Belle619
01-29-2008, 02:19 PM
I would take my parents, my sisters (2) and BIL, my DH, my godmother (really, not a Disney joke), my cousin and her two year old dd. It would be great because my parents haven't been there in 30+ years and my cousin's dd hasn't ever been there and she is at that age where she would just be in awe of everything!

I'd stay at the Grand Floridian for one week and the Poly for the other. We'd eat at a different table service restaurant each night and take advantage of all of the extras that we wouldn't normally do - tours, shows, etc.

Cinderelley
01-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Hmm, I would probably split my stay into two week sections - the first week for family (me, DH, DS18, DS17, DS16 & DD13) & the second week for friends (Amy, Sharon and Stacey). DH wouldn't be able to stand being at Disney for two weeks.

We would stay concierge at AKL and do what we always do - hit the parks. I would probably do more shopping at DTD though. There are several pieces of art there that I would love to buy.

I would do a Wishes cruise with the family and an Illuminations cruise with the friends and the Sunrise Safari.

Other than that, I think it would be business as usual during any of our trips - a few character meals, some relaxing at the resort and lots of rides. :D