PDA

View Full Version : Heresy - but where is your favourite non-Disney dining?

dlpmikki
01-25-2008, 02:10 PM
I usually go to the Outback but I would love to try some other non-Disney eating places - not least because they seem to be better value! Any suggestions?

Itchy
01-25-2008, 03:04 PM
We have done Red Lobster, TG Fridays, and Olive Garden. Food and service were always good.:thumbsup:

EeyoresBestFriend
01-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Even when we stay on site, we usually get a car for a couple of days just to go to the Outback and, just down the street (west I think) by the Comfort Inn is Carrabas. They are two of our fav's that we have to hit while down there.
:mickey:

DisneyTeen
01-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Anything at Crossroads is pretty good. Typical Chain places (I.e Chevy's, Uno's, Friday's Buff. Wild Wings). Once on that main road, if you are looking at crossroads, if you take a left there and at your next set of lights take another left you come to the Orlando Ale House, which is pretty good. There is also a Olive Garden on that road. Back to Crossroads on down the main crossroads road there is a hooters. To the right there is an all you can eat place (I forget the name, golden something) and a bahama Breeze. There is also a longhorn steak house in that area also. Down more on you right you got that fast food chic whatever it is that we don't have in MA and a Wendy's.

pogo
01-25-2008, 04:09 PM
:hi: Mikki !

There is a place that Patti and I had dinner at a few years ago. It is called Ocean Eleven and you could get from Lobster to great Steaks. They also have a wonderful :marg: called "Two tickets to paradise". It was awesome ! :thumbsup:

Ocean Eleven Seafood GrillAddress:
2901 Parkway Blvd # B1
Kissimmee, FL 34747
(407) 396-7736

Try it.... it comes pogo approved ! :D

TheRustyScupper
01-25-2008, 05:33 PM
You didn't say what kind of dining . . .

1) Dinner Show
. . . Medieval Times, Hwy 192
. . . food, knights, jousting
2) Upscale Fine Dining
. . . Dux, Peabody Hotel, Orlando
. . . exquisite, great service
3) Popular Fare
. . . Bergamo's Italian, International Drive
. . . fine Italian, singing waiters

#1donaldfan
01-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Never done it yet. We totally immerse ourselves in total Disney. I've been told a zillion times by friends to go to Carrabas, but to date have not. Maybe this year the 'ol DW will talk me into it.....??;)

PetefromRI
01-25-2008, 09:02 PM
We really enjoyed eating at Bahama Breeze.

Jenemmy
01-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Another vote for Carrabas :thumbsup:. We have those near where we live and it is our favorite place to go out to dinner.

dlpmikki
01-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I hadn't heard of Carrabas. Can you tell me a bit more about it?

dlpmikki
01-26-2008, 12:07 PM
:hi: Mikki !

There is a place that Patti and I had dinner at a few years ago. It is called Ocean Eleven and you could get from Lobster to great Steaks. They also have a wonderful :marg: called "Two tickets to paradise". It was awesome ! :thumbsup:

Ocean Eleven Seafood GrillAddress:
2901 Parkway Blvd # B1
Kissimmee, FL 34747
(407) 396-7736

Try it.... it comes pogo approved ! :D

That one sounds good too!

Jenemmy
01-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I hadn't heard of Carrabas. Can you tell me a bit more about it?

Yeah, I can tell you about it but I think this thread is going to make me force hubby to take me out tonight!! LOL

They have a pretty varied menu that ranges from basic Italian dishes (lasagna, manicotti, chicken parmesan) to all sorts of grilled chicken dishes, steaks and fish. Also, they have wonderful wood fired pizza's. I can honestly say I probably like some of the non-traditional italian fare better than the old standards, although I have never had anything bad there.

They also serve wonderful warm bread with the oil and seasoning dipping sauce that I don't think Dr. Atkins himself wouldn't have been able to resist ;)

garymacd
01-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Never really liked Outback Food Rentals. Bad experience. Tell you later.

Our favourite place is The Attic Pizzeria. Unfortunately for you it isn't in Disney area. Fortunately for us, we can walk there from home.:D

MauiMouse
01-26-2008, 01:20 PM
When we stayed at the Marriott World Center I really enjoyed Mikado's Japanese Steakhouse, Ristorante Tuscany and also Hawk's Landing Steakhouse & Grille. All three were very good and the Marriott Center is very close to Downtown Disney and Epcot. :thumbsup:

Natazu
01-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Oh, Mikki, non-Disney dining. :shake:

As rare as it is, I agree with Rusty. Bergamo's is a great experience. Good food and fun. It's a great place to have dinner, you know, if California Grill, Citrico's, Flying Fish, Narcoossee's, GFC, Le Cellier, Il Mulino, Kona, Puck's, 'Ohana, Marrakesh, & Coral Reef are booked up.

Natazu
01-26-2008, 10:01 PM
That one sounds good too!
Carrabba's is a Northern Italian style chain restaurant. They are about a level above Olive Garden. Pretty good food, decent value.

brewcrew26
01-27-2008, 07:48 AM
I have to disagree with all the Carabba's fans out there. (sorry!) I just wasn't all that impressed with it. I'm not all that big of an Olive Garden fan, either, but I'd pick the latter.

My vote for off-site restaurant would have to be this Chinese restaurant on I-Drive called Ming Court. If I remember it's behind an IHOP and a Denney's somewhat near the huge FAO Schwarz (if that's even there anymore). I just remember some of the best beef with broccoli...ever!

I know it's gone, but I do miss Jungle Jim's that was at Crossroads. They had some of the best burgers.

dlpmikki
01-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Now that chinese has been mentioned any suggestions on where I can get a decent Hot and Sour soup near WDW? Ming Court don't even attempt it!

Funforall
01-27-2008, 10:17 AM
I know it's pitiful- but we usually end up at Shoney's or IHOP. Usually we have to go to a store or emergency care and stop by for a quick and cheap bite.