PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

Airblue1
01-25-2008, 11:17 AM
It is 12:00 in the afternoon on your last day of your trip. Everything has been magical and you have done pretty much what you set out to do. With at least 8 hrs of parks to go, or visiting resorts, boardwalks, down town disney. What would you do?

Hair_Razor
01-25-2008, 11:37 AM
We like to hit DTD to get last minute gift items, souvenirs and load up on Mr. potato head pieces!

goofysbabe
01-25-2008, 11:53 AM
We also hit DTD and do some shopping, maybe have lunch then we head back to our resort and load up the car and head for home. At which time I'm crying and saying I'll be home again soon so leave the light on.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-25-2008, 12:04 PM
:) If we haven't done our souvenier shopping then Downtown would be a good choice stopping and also having one last snack before we left

If we've already done our shopping, with 8 hours you can do what we did on our first trip...everyone picked one attraction as their favorite and we redid each one last time...we had to go from MGM-Rocking Roller Coaster (sister) to Epcot's world showcase (mom) to Magic Kingdom for Buzz Light Year (DS) and Haunted Mansion (me)....

SBETigg
01-25-2008, 12:11 PM
I would head for the MK and re-ride all my favorites. That's what we always do on the last day. Though, regrettably, we don't redo Splash Mountain because we don't want to travel home wet. :)

scottgr
01-25-2008, 12:13 PM
We do MK on the last day also. We ride all the favorite rides.....and watch the fireworks if possible.

wedway76
01-25-2008, 12:17 PM
I would head for the MK and re-ride all my favorites. That's what we always do on the last day.

We do MK on the last day also. We ride all the favorite rides.....and watch the fireworks if possible.

Same here! We always do MK last!

disneymom15
01-25-2008, 12:17 PM
We usually do MK, last minute shopping and one more time on our favorite rides.

CleveSJM
01-25-2008, 12:50 PM
We do MK but only target a couple rides. Then shop and explore main street.

irish1967
01-25-2008, 01:10 PM
MK - revisiting the favorite rides one last time!

I wonder if the park will change as my children get older - our last trip, DS10 tried to get us to go the MGM (at the time) so he could do RNRC again! He settled for SM instead!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-25-2008, 01:33 PM
For us it is always MK and each person their favorite ride, which can also be a show or a meal!!!!!!!!! We just try to keep it low key and slow pace to absorb the ambiance you sometimes miss from the hustle and bustle all week.

RoosMomKanga
01-25-2008, 02:03 PM
We always try to end the trip (ones with kids) with MK fireworks...what could be more memorable. You have to say "Goodbye Mickey" (yes, outloud...just watch, others will join in, and you'll know who else is going home:() while you stand at the end of Main Street...man I hate that goodbye!).

LovinWDW
01-25-2008, 02:34 PM
Our last day is always a MK marathon day. We try to do it all! We are there for when it opens and one of the last to leave the place. As we walk down Main St to leave we usually discuss when our next trip will be.:thumbsup:

Cinderelley
01-25-2008, 02:50 PM
We do MK on our last day too. Our very last rides are Big Thunder, Splash and Pirates.

jaredkari
01-27-2008, 01:07 AM
Like everyone else we have to end our trip at MK. Usually try to do SM one last time and maybe TTA to end the night. Then sit back and watch the fireworks and take our time getting out. Always stop at the end of Main Street and take one last look at the castle. I know it is corny but we try to soak up the last bit of magic we can. :mickey:

Mickey 101
01-27-2008, 02:14 AM
Always stop at the end of Main Street and take one last look at the castle. I know it is corny but we try to soak up the last bit of magic we can. :mickey:

There's nothing wrong with that! We go so far as to call the airlines about 15 times to see if there's any possibility of a flight delay so we don't have to tear ourselves away quite yet. Every last second is devoted to one of the parks for us. We usually park hop according to what the family wants to re-do on our last day, ending at MK.

laughingplace<3
01-27-2008, 02:42 AM
I know it is corny but we try to soak up the last bit of magic we can. :mickey:

I also do that! I can't leave the park without a last glance at the castle.:(

I usually go to MK, and maybe AK for one ride on EE. :mickey:

#1donaldfan
01-27-2008, 08:26 AM
WHAT A GOOD QUESTION !!!!!!!

We will go to MK and like many others have said.....try to do it all, again....We start our trip with MK and end it there.....The last day is a very bitter sweet day. We are packed, car loaded, checked out, car waiting for our return. We get on the bus and head to MK to say goodbye to our "world"......Splash is normally our last ride, then out we go.....sad, sad, sad.........:(

kakn7294
01-27-2008, 08:38 AM
We always end our trip at MK too. We each get to pick one final attraction to ride - and no arguing!

Zippy_D_DooDah
01-27-2008, 08:54 AM
Pretty much the same here. We hit MK (at opening and not at noon though). My wife and mother-in-law will stay behind and get us checked out (I usually pack the big stuff the night before). We meet up around lunch and head to DTD, grab lunch at McD's, and visit World of Disney and Once Upon A Toy. Can't wait to do it all over again in March!

hubbyofadisneyholic
01-27-2008, 09:05 AM
No matter where we start our last full day, it always ends at the MK. One last parade, one more fireworks display and then that last walk down Main St.
On our final morning it's pack up, check out then head to the Marketplace for those last few items we can't possibly leave without, have lunch then either pile into the van for the long sad drive home or head back to the resort to catch the bus to the airport.

June 16th can't get here soon enough!! :mickey:

positive0negative
01-28-2008, 11:53 PM
We always try to end the trip (ones with kids) with MK fireworks...what could be more memorable. You have to say "Goodbye Mickey" (yes, outloud...just watch, others will join in, and you'll know who else is going home:() while you stand at the end of Main Street...man I hate that goodbye!).

Was doing that last night around this time..Standing on the empty train station platform with my dad and sister, breathing it all in at the very last minute.
(I'm getting a little teary eyed thinking about it)

Sammyjo
01-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Part of group went park hopping. They hit all their favorite rides in all the parks, like EE, ToT, RRC, SM ect. They had a blast. It sounded like a great way to end a trip. My mom and I took my daughter back to MK since she wasn't big enough to do the big rides.