PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY FRIDAY!! Work can be fun...

MickeysGirl
01-25-2008, 07:28 AM
Yes, it is true. Work can be fun if you make it fun!

Good morning everyone and HAPPY FRIDAY!!

I bring up this work business because today is Fun at Work Day! What a concept, making some fun out of the place we have to go to everyday!!

So why not get the fun going with today's...

Run around and have Fun
:trio:on Friday (Party)!:trio:

Happy Friday Everyone!

Specialty Drink of the day: :beer: Beer
... with soda for the kids and an open bar as always ...
:wine: :papple: :marg:

I hope everyone has a very happy Friday and a wonderful weekend. If anyone is out at the Caesar Parade this weekend, hope to see ya there! :party: :cheers:

pogo
01-25-2008, 07:34 AM
:party:.....Happy Friday Everyone!.....:party:

I hope everyone has fun at work today and in the spirit of today, I'll take a :beer: for breakfast, as I'm working at home most of the day ! :D

UUhhmmm... what's the Caesar Parade ? :confused:

alpro2
01-25-2008, 07:43 AM
Happy Friday and Happy Weekend! :beer:

Caroleh
01-25-2008, 07:58 AM
Happy Friday, Everyone!!! Fun at work...might be interesting!!

JanetMegan
01-25-2008, 08:05 AM
Wow this is a perfect Friday party for me! I love my new work, working for myself is SO amazingly rewarding! Let's see for extra fun at work today I'm skipping out early this morning and hitting the grocery store so I don't have to go later!

How about a :marg: this morning please bartender? I brought little pigs in a blanket for everyone.

disneydrmr
01-25-2008, 09:11 AM
Happy Friday everyone! And Happy Fun At Work Day!

Since I need to go take a couple of Tylenol or Advils for my back pain I better skip anything with alchohol... may I have a Caffeine free diet coke instead?

Since we are all about having fun today I've dusted off the ole Chocolate Fountain and I have it set up in the corner over there...

Hey Brett! Can we brush the snow off the grill and have a cook out?

Mickey'sGirl
01-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Happy Friday everyone! How long until the fountian is ready Di? I brought some fruit for dipping....:mickey:

MauiMouse
01-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Happy Friday!

pogo, the Cesar parade it's a Madri Gras thing, Jamie told me. :thumbsup:

disneydrmr
01-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Happy Friday everyone! How long until the fountian is ready Di? I brought some fruit for dipping....:mickey:

The fountain is up and running... but you might wanna hurry and get your fill before Scott comes along.. he's been known to fill up 44 oz mugs with the chocolate and chug it! :D I have marshmallows to dip also! Yum! :cloud9:

MickeysGirl
01-25-2008, 10:24 AM
UUhhmmm... what's the Caesar Parade ? :confused:

It is my pleasure to educate the uneducated! :D

Caesar is one of the coolest family friendly Mardi Gras Parades in New Orleans! My family has had several members and are long time supporters. It's fun, a lot safer than the typical "wild and crazy" Mardi Gras experiences and I can't wait to have all of my friends and family there and also to get to introduce Little Nigel to his first REAL MARDI GRAS PARADE!!! Woooo!! :party:

And if anyone wants to see for themselves: The Official Krewe of Caesar website (http://www.kreweofcaesar.org/)

Drinks are on the bar folks.... :wine: :papple: :beer: :marg:

tinkwest
01-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Happy Friday! Happy Weekend! Have Fun!

I'll need to decide which I want first. . .chocolate or beer?! They both sound wonderful (but not together). I guess I'll take the chocolate for breakfast and come back later for the beer. :cool: I'll bring a snack along on my second visit.

MsMin
01-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Happy Friday Everyone... For those who don't know if they want beer or chocolate I brought pretzels --to go with either ;)
I'll have to try the chocolate... yumm
Jamie, A Saturday night parade?? Sounds like fun. We are spending the weekend in New Orleans for Mardi Gras so if anyone is in town let me know. We will be close to Lee Circle.
Hmmmm Caesar huh? let me think....

SgtTigger
01-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Caesar is a very nice parade I remember one year the crowd yelling Bret Bret Bret Bret as I rode past....... oh yea that was Jamie and a ton of people waiting for me........... I believe that is how we met...... :D

I have to work Sunday so I wont be in Ceaser we have our own parade down in St. Bernard......

Happy Friday Everyone..... but I am not to sure about running around and having fun...... I am running around though..... getting everything ready for Saturday and Sunday........ Ahhhh Mardi Gras......

:cop: :tigger:

JanetMegan
01-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Sounds like some fun weekend plans out there, I hope it is warmer down there than it has been here---brrrrr.

MauiMouse
01-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Okay, it's not Fun at Work today, it's freezing at work today. I get here and the heater is broken, busted no heat what so ever. It's 46 degrees and it's even colder when that front door opens. Burr. :freeze:

Sounds like a fun weekend Jamie. Don't forget the :photo:

MsMin
01-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Okay, it's not Fun at Work today, it's freezing at work today. I get here and the heater is broken, busted no heat what so ever. It's 46 degrees and it's even colder when that front door opens. Burr. :freeze:

Sounds like a fun weekend Jamie. Don't forget the :photo:

It's not 46 inside huh??? I'm complaining b/c it's 42 outside :freeze: Sending a little :sun: to help you through your day.

MickeysGirl
01-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Oh, it's been more than cool around here! :freeze:

Here's hoping that Little Nigel's adreneline keeps him warm tomorrow night! As for Rob and I... we'll have daquiaris! mmmmm warm from the inside out! hahaha :cheers:

Beth, let us know what's going on, OK? Maybe after Caesar, we can drop Little Nigel off with mom and head out to see you? Not sure what's going on as of yet with us...

MauiMouse
01-25-2008, 01:08 PM
It's not 46 inside huh??? I'm complaining b/c it's 42 outside :freeze: Sending a little :sun: to help you through your day.

Oh, it's been more than cool around here! :freeze:

Here's hoping that Little Nigel's adreneline keeps him warm tomorrow night! As for Rob and I... we'll have daquiaris! mmmmm warm from the inside out! hahaha :cheers:

Yup, it's 46 degrees inside, and it's 16 degrees outside with a wind going at 17 mph so that means about zero to the skin. Ouch. I'm freezing. I've got on a turtleneck, sweater, vest and then my DLParis fleece on top all that and I'm still frozen. Trying to heat up some soup maybe that will help. :freeze:

Hope that everyone including Little Nigel has an excellent time this weekend, plus good weather.

pogo
01-25-2008, 02:44 PM
pogo, the Cesar parade it's a Madri Gras thing, Jamie told me.

It is my pleasure to educate the uneducated!

Caesar is one of the coolest family friendly Mardi Gras Parades in New Orleans! My family has had several members and are long time supporters. It's fun, a lot safer than the typical "wild and crazy" Mardi Gras experiences and I can't wait to have all of my friends and family there and also to get to introduce Little Nigel to his first REAL MARDI GRAS PARADE!!! Woooo!!

And if anyone wants to see for themselves: The Official Krewe of Caesar website (http://www.kreweofcaesar.org/)

Thanks for the education ! :yes: It sounds like fun. :party:

Itchy
01-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Its Friday?:confused:

I have 7 days of Mondays:)

But on the bright side I Know what to look forward to.:mickey:

14 days and I am on my way back to DW:woohoo::yay::clappy::bolt:

ElenitaB
01-25-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm all for fun at work! I went to a townhall meeting today and while not fun and games, it was very pleasant and it was great to see coworkers.

Now, how about next year we schedule an INTERCOT excursion to the Caesar Parade?

I'll take a little something-something dipped in that chocolate fountain, please!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

vizsla
01-25-2008, 07:20 PM
:beer:Happy Friday Everyone:beer:

SgtTigger
01-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Well as it so happens at Mardi Gras time......

6 parades and only one got to roll........ Rain rain and more rain.......

So some have reshuffled and will parade another day....... Lets hope for better weather tomorrow.......

MsMin
01-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Jamie, sorry I didn't get back, I can't make it down :( I spent all day getting my dad admitted to the hospital for pneumonia yesterday:ill: I hope you have a wonderful time.
Ellen a Mardi Gras Meet would be great. Next year Mardi Gras will be on Feb. 24th. so I'm guessing Caesar will be 2wks before that on that Saturday.
Our parades were rained out too b/c of the lightening. AWFUL weather. It was 35 and raining when I got home last night.
Ellen the Krewe of Mutts is this weekend. They announced the king and queen yesterday. It's always a dog that has been adopted recently. :paw:
Everyone could come down and do both parades in one wknd!!!!

SgtTigger
01-27-2008, 12:50 PM
I... we'll have daquiaris! mmmmm warm from the inside out! hahaha :cheers:

Well, I made it to the parade......... What a way to extend the Friday Party........

Jamie did have daiquiris!................... Not any left when we got there though..........

Note to anyone coming down next year...... don't stand next to Jamie without ear plugs when a float passes.........

We did have a good time and Little Nigel had in his words............ a Super Super Super Super Super Super Super Super Super Terrific time........

Off to work today..........

MickeysGirl
01-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Jamie, sorry I didn't get back, I can't make it down :( I spent all day getting my dad admitted to the hospital for pneumonia yesterday:ill: I hope you have a wonderful time.
Ellen a Mardi Gras Meet would be great. Next year Mardi Gras will be on Feb. 24th. so I'm guessing Caesar will be 2wks before that on that Saturday.
Our parades were rained out too b/c of the lightening. AWFUL weather. It was 35 and raining when I got home last night.
Ellen the Krewe of Mutts is this weekend. They announced the king and queen yesterday. It's always a dog that has been adopted recently. :paw:
Everyone could come down and do both parades in one wknd!!!!

Goodness Beth! I'm so sorry to hear this!! :( I hope your dad is doing better. Much Pixie Dust coming your way.

As for Caesar, a great time was had by all! And having Bret and Sherrie surprise us, that was just so awesome!! As the last I had heard was that it wasn't possible for them to come! :cloud9:

Sorry if I hurt your ears Bret!! :blush: But I get to do this what, once every few years, I save up my lungs! hahaha

Happy Mardi Gras!!

SgtTigger
01-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Sorry if I hurt your ears Bret!! :blush: But I get to do this what, once every few years, I save up my lungs! hahaha

WHAT????? did you say something????? I am sorry I cant hear you........

:funny: