PDA

View Full Version : How do you "escape" to WDW when you can't go

RhodeHog
01-25-2008, 12:52 AM
How do you escape to WDW when you are between trips? Here are my "magic journeys:"

WDW Calendar
WDW Park music CDs
Live365 Disney stations
Visit Intercot and the WDW site

If I am visiting family near Orlando and cannot get to the parks, my wife and I at least go to Downtown Disney. It's a snack when you want a meal but it is better than no Disney at all!

WDW could use a LOT of webcams. I used to log on frequently when they had them a few years ago.

Jillirose
01-25-2008, 06:41 AM
Visit Intercot! That's exactly what I'm doing at 6:31 a.m. I just answered my business email, scrapped going for a walk (14 degrees) and decided to get a little Disney in. Not planning any trips yet....:(

goofysbabe
01-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Intercot, listen to Live365, watch videos and read my guide books. My kids and I also play a little game called what's your favorite...... We also are planning a upcoming trip in Dec. so we are talking about where we want to eat and what we want to do while we are there!

poohluva
01-25-2008, 07:57 AM
Visit INTERCOT!!!

I also like taking out my guide books months before a trip to start planning!! I now have one for WDW 2007 & 2008 and one for DCL 2008!! Plus we have the planning video for both too!!

It also helps to look thru our Disney photo albums!!

January-2007
01-25-2008, 08:57 AM
We look at pictures from our past trips. Sometimes I break out the sing along video taken at Fort Wilderness. Watch old Disney movies.

#1donaldfan
01-25-2008, 08:58 AM
Intercot's the biggie.....Disney Channel.....Disney 365........photo's of past trips.....planning an upcoming trip.....very little Disney I know, I need to be there all the time. :thumbsup:

DDuck66
01-25-2008, 09:05 AM
1. Visit Intercot
2. Turn my screen saver on. It is nothing but Disney Pictures that we have taken.
3. Plan our next trip (YEAH it is this Saturday).

As the OP stated, we make it to DTD for a day of looking, shopping, and eating to hold us over until the next trip.

prttynpnk
01-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Massive trip planning with Excel and Intercot (of course)just picking dates and restaraunts and events and then tweaking it a million times keeps me feeling mousey between trips. My sweetie and I can debate MNSSHP or the Starwars weekend for hours!

May524
01-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Day dream of my next trip :cloud9:
visit intercot
work on scrapbooks of past trips that aren't completed yet...hehe :blush:

kurt
01-25-2008, 11:46 AM
1. go to live 365 & put on one the radio stations with songs & audio from the attractions.
2. look at photos of past trips.
3. play disney classic music cds.
4.visit intercot and look at pictures from the parks.
5. wish i had last trip paid for so i could go again.

wedway76
01-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Besides visiting Intercot and a few other boards, I:

Watch old Vacation Planning DVDs and videos over and over again. I love the old ones.

Watch old videos of past trips.

Search YouTube for Disney videos.

Google all things Disney.

Go to Disneyworld.com and plan trips that I have no intention of actually taking.

I have a park music CD in my car. It’s been in the player so long I don’t even remember the name of it.

irish1967
01-25-2008, 01:14 PM
I like to say that I live in my own little world and most of the time that world is a lot like Disney World!

I hit Intercot daily and read vacation planning and trip reports.

Also, now that I am going twice a year (marathon weekend and sometime in the summer) it seems like I always have some planning to do!

DIppy Dawg
01-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Regarding Live 365 what are some of the better stations?

laward32
01-25-2008, 02:55 PM
I visit Intercot of course, live365 (my fave is the park hopper station), watch other peoples videos of trips on Youtube, look at my pics, plan my next trip and a few other WDW websites.:mickey: Talk about it too every one who will listen!!!

TBY2225
01-25-2008, 03:18 PM
When I need a Disney fix I:

Email my friend on Intercot McGoofy
Check out Intercot
Listen to one of many WDW podcasts
Play Disney monopoly and trivia with my DD6.

IceCreamlover
01-25-2008, 03:20 PM
I see what's cooking on Intercot.
I check airfares to Orlando.
I listen to a CD my DS made for me of some of my favorite Disney songs!

Stich8818
01-25-2008, 07:00 PM
1. Intercot
2. Live 365
3. Past Picutres
4. Movies
5. Disney Channel
6. Disney Books
7. Disney Music Cds
8. You Tube Videos
9. Disney Podcasts
10. Disney Clothing..

Yes 10 Items to cover every aspect.

hubbyofadisneyholic
01-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Let's see...I visit Intercot almost every day, check the trip counter to see how many days until our next trip, look at the hundreds of pics from past trips on my PC, double check the counter to see how many days until our next trip, plan where to make our ADRs, triple check the trip counter, listen to the hours of Disney related music on my MP3 player, check the trip counter one last time (for that day) to make sure it's still correct. :blush:

NJBelle
01-26-2008, 07:43 PM
When I am in desperate need of a Disney fix:

1.) Come here! To wonderful Intercot!
2.) Watch old planning videos.
3.) Plan a massive imaginary trip
4.) Watch YouTube videos of Splash Mountian
5.) Play Disney Scene It
6.) Listen to the park music and sing along.
7.) Stare at my countdown on my homepage. Watching the seconds tick by just gets me so excited!
8.) Watch Disney movies
9.) Make my own Tonga Toast (not nearly as good but it's close enough!)
10.) Read planning books
11.) Turn up the heater in one room in the house, get into summer clothes, turn up the theme park music, and map out your trip.
12.) make an ice-cream sundae in the shape of minnie mouse.

I do these things quite a lot. :mickey: It does wonders for the Disney cravings.

TheMartellFamily
01-26-2008, 09:00 PM
intertcot and live 365 radio these bring me back to WDW.

dolphinmickey9170
01-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Here are all the things I do:

Intercot
Watch old planning videos. I have ones from 1999 milenium celebration
Watch YouTube videos of all kinds of attractions
Listen to Live365
Listen to podcasts
Start my screensaver from webshots of previous trips
Watch Disney movies
Read Birnbaums guide over and over and over again
Work on my packing list
Go shopping for WDW vacation attire
Watch the travel channel for disney specials
Email my travel mates and drive them crazy with ideasDo you think I'm obsessed?:cloud9:

Frank Bullitt
01-28-2008, 05:46 PM
When I get homesick for WDW, I check out intercot, also youtube had some of the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party parade footage and stuff, takes me right back there.

:mickey:

laughingplace<3
01-29-2008, 12:38 AM
World of Disney- biggest help. RETAIL THERAPY!;)

Look at my many imagineering books, and intercot. That's all I really need. Oh, and some disney music.

Mickey 101
01-29-2008, 02:07 AM
Much the same as other posts here, but to add a couple.......
1. Play Disney Trivia
2. Make Mickey pancakes
3. Go to World Market and stock up on foods sold in World Showcase
4. Discuss 'if you could be anywhere in WDW right now, where would it be'
5. Discuss 'if you could be eating anything from WDW right now, what would it be'
6. Help others plan their trips
7. Go to DVC presentation at mall in Chicago suburbs!!!

bpsigler
02-02-2008, 10:15 PM
I visit Intercot and go to the Disney Store in our mall. Usually, after visiting the store I'm so wanting to go to Disney, I load the family up the following weekend and go. :mickey:

DisneyDD2
02-03-2008, 09:11 PM
To get my Disney fix, I come here-Intercot, and I get out the videos of past vacations.