PDA

View Full Version : Young kids at Chefs de France?

TexasPrincessAurora
01-24-2008, 10:16 PM
I've always wanted to dine at Chefs de France. On our next trip DS will be turning 5 and DD will be 18 months old. How many young children are there typically at Chefs de France? I didn't know how welcoming they might be to younger kids.

Aurora
01-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Chefs de France should be fine if they are well-behaved, stay at their seats and aren't throwing food (I say this as a mom of 3). It's a nice restaurant but not too snooty. If either one of your kids is "high-spirited," just for your own peace of mind I might take them instead to the more child-friendly restaurants in Germany, Sweden or, even though the food is more exotic, the one in Morocco (VERY kid friendly).

Also remember that this is Disney, so you will find lots more kids at restaurants like this on vacation than you would at home.

That said, I definitely would not take young children to Bistro de Paris upstairs. It is much more upscale, adult and expensive. My DH and I spent more than $200 eating here six years ago, and that was just for the two of us.

Kidsmom
01-25-2008, 12:03 AM
I have four kids. We went last year when they were 9,7,6,&4 and we LOVED it. We loved it so much we did take the kids back to the Bistro upstairs and it was great!

Now our kids are well behaved and eat out about 2 times a week since they were born. We don't allow them to walk around or get bored. (We engage with the kids and have a bag full of activities- DS Lights, toys, books, crayons).

They loved the food and DH and I had great meals and an enjoyable, relaxing meal with great wine!

Just know your kids. If they only eat at Fridays and McDonalds at home and you feel like you have to rush through a meal to keep peace...this may not be the place. Our kids are use to our 2 hour meals when we go out. If your kids are use to a slower pace and can keep occupied, give it a try.

There are definitely kids there and families that eat at a faster pace then us. The Cafe was one of our favorites in all of WDW. The staff is great with kids and it is busy enough for the younger child to be interested in watching the hustle and bustle of the restaurant.

I say give it a try!

DisneyGiant
01-25-2008, 12:45 AM
We've taken my nephews there since they were 2.

They enjoy it - the bread is very popular.

Its such a light-filled, open restaurant - I think you'll do fine with your children!

PS - definitely try the French Onion soup! Delish!!

KAT1811
01-25-2008, 09:13 PM
There isn't a restaurant in Disney that I would hesitate taking my children to. I say go for it!

baby minnie's mommy
01-25-2008, 09:45 PM
We took our DD, who is 2. They brought her a booster seat. She's usually well-behaved at restaurants. It's not very entertaining for kids, as it's a more elegant restaurant, but they welcome kids there. Just keep your wine glass on the other side, haha. :D

You want to be able to enjoy the food, so try to have the kids rested and ready. Having to shovel down you dinner is never any fun, but especially not at a finer restaurant. Chef de France is a great place to eat - have fun! BTW, the cheese sampler appetizer is fun to try!

Jared
01-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Les Chefs de France is definitely one of the more upscale restaurants in the World Showcase, but it's definitely appropriate for children. I had dinner there with Cher (TheSorcererofFantasia) in October and saw lots of families with young kids in the other tables.

The child's menu has basic choices if the traditional French options are a little too daunting.

:tasty: