PDA

View Full Version : Some advice for stroller purchase please

bouncer
01-24-2008, 08:53 PM
:wave:I am looking to purchase a new toddler stroller in the next few days and getting to a store that carries large strollers may not be feasible. :freeze: So, I am asking for your help. :thumbsup:
A previous post mentioned the Maclaren strollers. DS will be 5 soon but doesn't weigh much more than 40 lbs right now. I was looking to pick up a stroller that has a capacity of at least 55 lbs. (I'd like to spend about $150 or less if possible) What are your favorites? Does anyone know about the Combi series of strollers? About prices...where did you find the best sale? Strollers.com has a sale w/ no tax or shipping on orders over $49 through tomorrow. BabiesRUs seemed to have a good price as well. Please add any info regarding canopy/cup holders/foot rest/ease of folding etc. Appreciate any help...Thanks!!!:D

BrerGnat
01-25-2008, 12:03 AM
I have a 3.5 year old peanut. (he doesn't even weigh 30 lbs yet). He has a Maclaren Triumph. It's the best stroller I've ever owned (and I've gone through a LOT).

We also have a Maclaren Quest Sport for his little brother (22months).

I got my Triumph from AlbeebabyDOTcom. No tax, free shipping...ALWAYS! Look for a 2007 model. They are usually on sale this time of year. I paid $120 for the Triumph.

Stay far, far away from Combi! I have a Combi Twin Sport and it's SUCH a pain to steer. I only use it when I go out alone with both kids and need them in the same stroller, but I hate the thing. They are really designed for super skinny, small kids, but once your kid hits about 25 lbs, the stroller feels like you are pushing it through sand. Something about them just makes the extremely difficult to steer with any weight on them.

The Maclaren Triumph should suit your needs perfectly. The best part about it is the ONE HANDED STEER-ability. I also love the carry strap, super compact fold, and lightweight. It doesn't have a cupholder, but I just use squirt bottles for my kids and I throw it in the basket underneath and that's fine. Your child is 5...he doesn't need a cupholder or snack tray anymore. He can probably hold his own cup and snacks, right?

The canopy works great, and it has a great tilt feature for when the sun is low. The stroller also comes with a free rain cover. The footrest is great too...it's flexible rubber, so it's comfy for the kid and it's at a good height.

You will absolutely NOT regret purchasing a Maclaren. They are awesome.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-26-2008, 12:10 AM
My sis had purchased the cheapo Walmart type umbrella stroller. It stunk to steer this thing. I had read about the McLaren's but they weren't in the budget for her. We saw people using them in the parks and I'd stop and asked them about them and I never got any bad comments about them. There was another thread on here awhile ago about this too. Maybe do a search and see if you can bring it up because if I remember right there were a lot of good said about the McLaren's on that thread too.

minnie-mouse
01-28-2008, 01:33 PM
I have a Graco Lite rider stroller, very lightweight and holds a larger toddler quite nicely. Even my 4 year old can ride in it safely.