PDA

View Full Version : Reviews of Mt. Everest Ride?

laguna
01-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Any reviews on the new Mt. Everest ride at Animal Kingdom? Is it scary? I have nothing to compare it to except Space Mountain. If it's too scary, I don't want to ride!!

dolphinmickey9170
01-24-2008, 08:52 PM
E:E is not scary, but you do get quite a rush when the ride goes in one particular way. I don't want to spoil it. It's fun, but not scary. I feel the ride is better taken at night though.

DisneyCrazy4444
01-24-2008, 08:58 PM
I think everest is just one of those rides that always hold your attention, it is not scary. It is also a great and fun ride.

Polynesian Dweller
01-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Great ride and not at all scary. Space Mtn. is actually a rougher ride. Give it a try.:mickey:

bshaw96
01-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Not scary at all, but really fun :mickey: Last time we were there, my son was 5 and loved it. Made us ride it 2 more times. But definitely not scary.

TinaAndGlenn
01-24-2008, 09:48 PM
EE is great & not to be missed! We waited 1 hour to ride it for the first time & it was well worth the wait! The 2nd time we rode, it was late at night. It is definitely scarier in the dark! Have a great time!

IloveDisney71
01-24-2008, 09:59 PM
I love this ride. My oldest DD loves this ride. It doesn't agree with my youngest DD or my DH.
I'd say it's less intense than RNRC but a little more than SM. It is a smoother ride than SM too.

LoriMistress
01-24-2008, 10:07 PM
The ride is NOT scary! Has a few drops, but nothing that will make you sick. The ride is very comfortable, smooth, and the yeti is awesome (when it's working properly).

crazeedizneefinatic
01-24-2008, 10:13 PM
I would have to disagree, I think it's one of the top thrill rides at WDW. There are a few aspects of the ride that are scary to me anyway. I did not expect em. I don't think SM is scary, just jerky and bumpy, thats why I choose not to ride it. EE is smooth but if you are prone to get scared on high things or other *unmentionables* I would think twice. Don't get me wrong I do love it and think the waiting area is worth it just to see but it is a major thrill ride be prepared to be "thrilled".

#1donaldfan
01-24-2008, 11:08 PM
The best ride that Disney has put out in a long, long time. It's not scary, it's just so fun. If you get ADR's for the earliest Donalds Safari Breakfast, once your done eating, you can be the first ones on the ride....at least we were in June. Once we were done eating CM's took us straight to the ride, way before the general public was let into the park. We were the first ones riding that day, in the first set of cars. We had a zero wait time, and when we got off we did the FP and stood standby for about 15 minutes, rode again, then awhile later used the FP's.......3 time in less than 1.5 hrs......

playdead88
01-25-2008, 02:59 PM
we liked EE but as roller coaster junkies i have to say we were a bit let down - don't get me wrong it is a great ride its just not a RnR coaster - so i would say ride it and have a great time :mickey:

Taja
01-25-2008, 03:05 PM
A friend who does not like coasters, rode it in December and actually liked it! She rode it twice with her granddaughter. :thumbsup:

She was concerned that it might jerk her head/neck, but once she discovered it's a smooth ride, she was fine. :)

thrillme
01-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Fellow rollercoaster junkie :number1:

I agree...I enjoyed EE a LOT but it wasn't at all scarey as it was built up to be. Still very enjoyable although.

As a rule...try EVERYTHING...you're cheating yourself out of a lot of really fun things by worrying about it. Unless you have a true physical disability that stops you...do it at least once.

TBY2225
01-25-2008, 03:13 PM
My DD rode this at age 5 and loved it! She loves SM also, but said this one was better! She is scared of almost everything, but nothing in this ride scared her.

Tygger7
01-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Definitely not scary....just a TON of fun! And this is coming from someone that doesn't care for heights or roller coasters in general. If you can do Space Mountain, you should have no problems with EE. Good luck!!

broadway_chick72
01-25-2008, 09:36 PM
I loved the ride. But if I were you, just get on youtube and watch the video of the ride. Make your own thought on getting on it. It is definitly intense with LOADS of G-force.

thejens
01-26-2008, 12:10 AM
I'm pretty wimpy, but Disney is so special I have tried them all except RR. I find the anticipation is much worse than the ride. It looks so scary and I felt nervous going up the hill, but you never have a horrible drop. The drops are curved and swoopy instead of tummy tossing! The story line is thrilling, but to me that part isn't scary. I did insist on a middle seat as I have heard that the front and back are scarier. I find TOT scary and SM scary but fun. Definitely do it once if you are on the fence. It is fun!

laughingplace<3
01-26-2008, 12:18 AM
Many people I talk to think the drop looks very steep, but it really isn't. I hate heights and I hate drops, but I can ride Space Mountain and RRC because neither of those things are included in them. I hate roller coasters with drops, but the drop is nothing. When you go up the first hill, you get really freaked out, but that's the purpose- the ride is smooth; no intense drops or upside down loops.

You NEED TO GO ON IT! You'll regret it if you don't. :mickey: