PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea

DANAM
01-24-2008, 08:23 PM
I have a couple of questions about what goes on here. There will be myself, DH, DD6 and DS3.

I looked at the menu on this site and the Buckingham Palace looked good to me. Has anyone had this one or would you suggest a different one? I was thinking Mrs. Potts for the kids? Can we mix packages? Adults get Buckingham and Kids get Mrs. Potts?

We will be using this as our lunch because many have said there is alot of food. I am making ADR for 2pm. Here's my other question we are eating at Le Cellier at 8:45 do you think this is enough time in between the tea and dinner ADR? I can try to push back Le Cellier but it is so hard to get ADR's here I hate to mess with it plus it is so rich I hate to eat any later.

My Husband is having a hard time with this. Are there other men? If so, enough so he will blend or he's going to stick out? My poor son really wants to do this but I am a little concerned about bringing 2 kids by myself. Or does anyone have a suggestion for something nearby for a 3 year old and Dad to do when we are at the tea? Dad does not golf by the way.

One last thing, what is the attire? little boys and men should wear collared shirts and little girls should were smocked dresses?

ElenitaB
01-24-2008, 09:54 PM
I had been wanting to go to the Afternoon Tea for a really long time and I travel with my DS. I never asked him to go because I was afraid that he wouldn't want to... but when I was planning our May trip last year I made an executive decision that we were going for my Mother's Day present. We never were able to make that trip (due to health and financial considerations), but it was on the docket for our next trip. Well, we both loved the experience, and have since held afternoon tea in our house and are planning on going again our next trip to WDW.

I'll try to address some of your questions:

you can mix tea sets, i.e., you can each get something different like the Buckingham Tea or Mrs Potts
if you get something like the Buckingham Palace tea, it's quite filling! Definitely a subsitute for lunch but by 8:45, everyone might be wanting something again
there were quite a few men in our party. Like I said, I told my DS we were going and he ended up liking it. It's an experience to be experienced. I bet one of the men from our group will be piping in soon to share their opinion
no dress code but you don't want to show up in a halter top, cut-offs and flip flops either.

May524
01-25-2008, 11:05 AM
My hubby and I did this on our honeymoon. Yes, you can get different tea's and what not. When I was there, my hubby was the only male...however, it wasn't crowded when we went. I really enjoyed it, and hope to do it again on our next trip. They do give you a good amount of food. However, I wouldn't suggest pushing back dinner at Le Cellier, I'm sure they will be hungry by then. As far as the dress, there was no dress code...however, it would be fun to dress nice!

DANAM
01-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks so much. My big concern was dinner at Le Cellier but I think we will be fine. I made my ADR today. They didn't ask for a credit card number I was suprised.

DreamFinder2
01-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Does anyone know if they'll make multiple ADRs for 2pm? Since it starts then, it seems like a lot of people would want a ressie for that time...

...anyone know how the ADR part of afternoon Tea works?

jillluvsdisney
01-27-2008, 06:43 PM
You can also order a la carte if you don't want something as filling as the Buckingham Tea. They have sandwiches, scones and pastries all a la carte.

I think your ADR times are good.

My Dad has gone twice with us to the tea. Yes, there were other men there as well.

You don't need to be too dressy. I polo shirt for guys would be good. Personally I wouldn't wear a tank top top or anything I could wear to the pool of Typhoon Lagoon. I think casualy and sporty works well.

Have fun. I have done this 3 times and love it.

laughingplace<3
01-27-2008, 07:10 PM
I was wondering where you got the menu for the tea, because I'd love to look at it online.:confused:

laughingplace<3
01-27-2008, 07:12 PM
My mistake, you said this site.:blush:

laughingplace<3
01-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Sorry to keep posting but I can't find the menu in the menu section of this site...:blush: Can anyone provide a direct link please? Thanks so much if you can!:)

ElenitaB
01-27-2008, 07:30 PM
The menu is on InfoCentral... here's a link (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/gftea.asp) to it.

laughingplace<3
01-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Much thanks :mickey2:

Just wondering if any vegetarians have eaten here, or if anyone knows the exact selection of the traditional sandwiches they serve. I saw pb&j, ham and cheese... but I was wondering if they have anything specifically for vegetarians? :eat:

DANAM
01-28-2008, 11:35 AM
When I called for the ADR they gave us 2:10pm. We are going mid May, I think the 20th.