PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendations for All Star Movie buildings

3beauties
01-24-2008, 07:30 PM
hi
anyone have any idea what building i should request at ASMo? not so much for the noise level and walking distances but for the overall atmosphere. thanks

lovedisneyworld
01-24-2008, 08:43 PM
We stayed at building 10 which is the toy story building. It was close to the main building and swimming pool plus there is a short cut to the buses that I found when we were there. The only way to describe is when you get off the buses, turn left and go straight until you see a side walk and then turn right and that takes you to the toy story building. It sure beats walking through the main building and by the pool late at night when you are exhausted. The noise level was not bad at all. We were on the first floor.

Itchy
01-24-2008, 09:18 PM
We have stayed at Dalmations and Toy Story and loved it.

Go to the resorts / lodging on the main page. Scroll down to all star movies click on that and then scroll down to resort map.

That should give you a good idea where the buildings are.:thumbsup:

Happy planning:mickey:

brownie
01-24-2008, 09:30 PM
We stayed in one of the Toy Story buildings on our last trip; I liked them. The Mighty Ducks buildings are cool, too.

Mrs. Cpt. Jack Sparrow
01-24-2008, 10:08 PM
We have stayed in the Mighty Ducks and Toy Story Buildings. All the buildings have great theming but I preferred the Toy Story ones because the courtyard area is somewhat separated from the rest of the resort by a giant door (with a sign hanging on it that says "Andy's Room"). It just feels a little more cozy to me. I also liked visiting the area around the Herbie Buildings - they had a lot hamocks and private little areas to relax in. No matter what building you stay in - it is a great resort and a lot of fun! :thumbsup:

prttynpnk
01-25-2008, 10:17 AM
I like Mighy Ducks for the location- qiuet, but not too far from the front.

DreamFinder2
01-25-2008, 10:38 PM
You should also take into consideration that Toy Story, Dalmations and Fantasia are considered "preferred" buildings. We had to specifically book a "preferred room" to be located in one of those three buildings...and I think we paid extra. In reading some other posts, it looks like the reason Disney made this change was because so many people were requesting these buildings, the CMs couldn't always fill the requests...so, by charging a little more they can cut down on the number of people that "request" those buildings, I guess.

Anyway...good luck, and have fun!

LudwigVonDrake
01-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Toy Story is my recommendation :wave:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-26-2008, 04:51 PM
We stayed in Toy Story and Fantasia, both twice.

Both were great locations.

Have a great trip!:mickey:

crltkcagle
01-27-2008, 12:08 PM
I have to agree with Toy Story! It was very close to the food court, the lobby, the pool and the laundry facitlity. Plus the kids loved going into Andy's Room and seeing the huge buzz and woody.

BouncingTigger
01-27-2008, 09:23 PM
We stayed in building 4 (Dalmations) and really liked it. I loved the theming - yay for puppies! The room were close to the swimming pool and food court, but was quiet because it faced a side green area, so we didn't have the noise we would have had if we'd been staying off a main pathway. I think our room was 4730, if that helps any. I agree that you should look at the resort map.

c&d
01-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Adding my vote for Toy Story. Loved Andy's room. I have some great pics of DS in RC.