PDA

View Full Version : Oct and 7 month window?

fanofdisney
01-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Our home resort is SSR but we would like to stay at AKV Oct 25-Nov 1 in a 1 bedroom villa. What's our chances of getting a villa there at that time? I would make a reservation at SSR to make sure we at least a place to stay but a 1 bedroom at AKV is 216 pts and at SSR we would need to get a 2 bedroom (we're a group of 5) and that is 255 pts. If I understand everything correctly then we would either lose the 39 pts or have to use them in their use year, and we aren't planning a 2009 trip (yet:blush:) Our second choice would be BV.

dlpmikki
01-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Are you going to be borrowing points to make your initial reservation? If not then when you make the change to AKV (if successful) then they would just go back into your pot of points because your 'cancellation' would be well before the 31 day deadline.

I believe that only the one beds in the new kidani village will sleep 5 - don't think the ones in Jambo house do. This may effect availability of something suitable for you. AKL is still very new so it is hard to tell how tough it is going to be to swap in at the 7 month mark.

fanofdisney
01-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Oh, I thought Jambo 1 bedroom villas slept 5, shucks.
Also, if we get a 1 bedroom we don't have to borrow pts, a big plus. But if we have to get a 2 bedroom we will need to borrow 47 pts.

DVC Mike
01-25-2008, 12:14 PM
I believe that only the one beds in the new kidani village will sleep 5 - don't think the ones in Jambo house do. This may effect availability of something suitable for you.

All the 1-BR units at the existing Jambo House (AKL), with the sole exception of the "Value" rooms, do accomodate 5 guests. The "Value" 1-BR units only accomodate 4 guests.

dlpmikki
01-25-2008, 12:57 PM
Thanks Mike. I was going by when we stayed there in October and couldn't think where the 5th person would have slept. Then I remembered only the one bathroom at Janmbo house and thought that also meant just 4 sleeping. I must say I suspect it would be a little cramped with 5 but it sure does save points!

DVC Mike
01-25-2008, 02:49 PM
couldn't think where the 5th person would have slept.

They sleep in the Sleeper Chair.