PDA

View Full Version : Dining reviews 1-18/1-21 2008

TBY2225
01-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Food reviews

Portions were so large that other than Le Cellier DH and I shared all meals!

Planet Hollywood
I know this place often get bad reviews, but we thought it was really good! The décor is great and the service was excellent. We used our $15 voucher and got the variety platter to share. It had 4 chicken tenders, big bowl of spinach dip and plenty of chips, 4 chicken nachos, and 8 hot wings. It was all really good and it was way too much food for just 2 people. We also got the banana foster cheesecake for dessert. It was outstanding! Our server Eric told us that they only serve it for 2 months out of the whole year because it takes so long to make and it is just too busy March-December! I will definitely go back and take the kids. They would love it. With the voucher, it only cost us $12.00 plus a generous tip.

Captain Cooks QS at the Polynesian resort
I have always wanted to try tonga toast, so DH and I stopped by the Poly on the way to MK. We didn’t want to wait at Kona, so we just went to the QS place since they serve it as well. I really liked their set-up. It was super easy ordering on the touch screens and a great change of pace being able to set down and have a pager to let you know when your meal is ready! We ordered one order of tonga toast with bacon and 2 tap waters. It was less than $7.00. I really enjoyed the toast. It was big enough for DH and me to share. The bacon was crispy and the toast was sweet but not too much so. I can’t wait to try to make it at home!

Casey’s Corner
We had lunch here around 2:00pm. The line wasn’t long and we were actually able to get a table right outside of the restaurant. DH and I shared a hot dog, fries, and a coke and it was about $8.00. I loved that you could get sauerkraut for your hotdog and also that they had cheese sauce on the bar! The hotdog was really good and it was plenty big enough for us to share!

Pop Century Food Court
We ate here on 3 occasions. We got a breakfast platter and shared one day and the next day we got a breakfast croissant to share as well. They were both pretty good with large portions and cost about $7.00 each. We also got dinner one night and shared. We got the mom’s special which was a chicken breast, wing, and leg. We got two sides of potatoes because the green beans didn’t look cooked enough. It also came with a bread stick. We got a carrot cake to share. Total cost about $13.00. The chicken and carrot cake was just ok, but the potatoes were really good!

Sunshine Seasons
We ate lunch here around 12:30pm. We really liked the different stations and how roomy it was in the ordering and drink areas. Everything looked good, but DH and I got the ½ rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, and carrots and a large drink. It was plenty enough to share and cost about $13.00. It was hard finding a place to sit and the tables were so close together that we could hardly move. The chicken was ok; it had a good flavor, but a little too much fat for me. The potatoes were the same as at Pop and were great and the carrots were good as well. I would really like to come back here and try something else. Everyone around us seemed pleased with their orders and I thought the sandwiches looked exceptionally well!

Lotus Blossom Café
DH and I stopped here for a snack of Egg rolls ($4.00) around 3pm. While we were checking out the China pavilion in WS, I wanted something salty and we were both getting hungry and tired from all the walking. They were actually good. Nothing special, but they were large, crispy and hot.

Le Cellier
DH and I were lucky enough to snag a last minute ADR for our favorite restaurant! We got there right at 5 and were seated within minutes. We had eaten there in September and both had steak, so we wanted to try something different! We got a cup of the cheese soup to share and dipped our breadsticks in it! I love that bread and the soup was great! I got the maple glazed salmon with squash risotto and pecans. It was really good. It was a huge portion and I couldn’t finish it all. DH got the pork chop. It was really tender and was cooked with cabbage and potatoes and it complimented the pork well. We were both two full for dessert. Cost for dinner was $52.00 plus tip!

Crow
01-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the reviews. Ill be at POp the end of Feb & although i dont each much there, i will probly get something
debating Le Cellier, not sure if its as good as it used to be.
i liked Lotus Blossom

ibrowse17
01-24-2008, 12:31 PM
I am not a big hot dog eater, but I have to get a dog from Casey's every trip. Man are they good. :thumbsup:

tinkerbell04
01-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks for sharing!