PDA

View Full Version : Crowds for third week in August

robemcdo
01-24-2008, 09:53 AM
I guess the crowds diminish a bit in the final week, but it looks like we will be going the week before that. Any thoughts on the crowds?

ibrowse17
01-24-2008, 09:57 AM
While the crowds might slack a bit for the return to school, the heat and humidity will be in full force. Be ready for it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-24-2008, 11:00 AM
We've gone a couple of time at the end of August (usually August 22 - 30ish) and crowds have been fine!

We haven't had too long lines, and for anything that was long we just used FastPass. The heat and humidity is just crazy though...we got very good at finding attractions with air conditioning!

CleveSJM
01-24-2008, 01:27 PM
We went the 3rd week of August last year and it was quite busy. 45-60 minute stand-by wait times on the big rides. Use Fastpass, cut through stores to keep cool and don't try to cover the whole park (MK) in one day if you can avoid it. If they announce a P&P party, definitely try to go. It'll make your daytime trip(s) to MK much less stressful.

jaredkari
01-24-2008, 01:48 PM
I totally agree with other post, it is HOT HOT HOT in August. We went in 2006 and it was during the first week of free dining, I am not sure if that is during your trip, but we did notice crowds were a little bigger because of that. But be warned the heat is bad!! My wife and I went to the parks at opening and usually only stayed until 10:30 or 11 and headed back to the hotel because we were so drenched with sweat. We didn't return to the parks then until about 5 or after. Expect to be taking two to three showers a day.

MarkC
01-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Agree with the other posters. It is hot but the crowds will be pretty low for that time of year, especially compared to July. The worst part is if you walk on the asphalt in the parking lot- ouch! Hit the parks early, swim/nap in the afternoon, and back to the parks in the evening. You'll still have an awesome time. Mark

jedi jen
01-24-2008, 02:38 PM
We are going planning to go then too (Aug. 15 - 24). We have gone in July the last 2 years. It was hot and crowded. In August, we are hoping for less crowds. The price was better too--got the 40% discount. We go in the morning and go back to the hotel after lunch, which seems to work well. I have looked at average temperatures, and if I remember correctly, the July average was the same or a little higher than August. I figure, at least we know what to expect. And, of course, we had a wonderful, magical time the last two times in July, so we expect August will be that way too.

:mickey:

King Triton
01-25-2008, 12:57 PM
The past two family trips we've taken have been mid-late August, mostly because that's the only time we can go.

I find the crowds to be quite tolerable, although there are still plenty of people. It is hot, but last year I didn't find it much worse (if any) than the Philly area. If you stay hydrated and take your time, it really isn't bad.

Enjoy!