PDA

View Full Version : Gifts for hearing the spiel?

Gator
01-23-2008, 04:02 PM
When I was at Disneyland, I approached a DVC booth to see if Californians could join (previously we couldn't because we live in CA). She said we could. We could attend a seminar the next day, but our park tickets ran out as did our hotel ressies. She tried to entice us to stay with free park hoppers for a day for my family, along with 50 disney bucks. We ended up NOT doing it because we had to leave.

My question is: Does WDW offer certain things to get you to attend the meeting?

Horizon93
01-23-2008, 04:45 PM
I can only tell you my experience. We took the tour at WDW. It was DW and I and our guide. When you tour, you get a guide assigned.

The gift that we got for taking the tour were special fast passes for us and our 2 daughters. These passes were good for three uses each. When you put them in the fast pass machine, the time on the pass was the current time, meaning that you went right in. Other than that and an offer for some ice cream at the sundae bar, that was it. And we didn't buy at the tour, we bought a few days later.

Also, since you live in CA, if you buy at DL, you will have the first opportunity to buy points at the Grand Californian Villas.

kdsjjb
01-23-2008, 04:49 PM
In 2005, while the kids and I were in Disney Quest, DW went and listened to the pitch. They gave her a $50 Disney gift card for her time.

In 2007, she convinced me to go listen to the pitch, and we each got a card that gave us three immediate fast passes at any ride, in any park. They were fantastic.

We are seriously considering buying into DVC, so when we go back this year, we'll see if they're offering anything else.

Tigger&Stitch
01-23-2008, 05:45 PM
In 2006, there was a voucher/flyer in our room at WL that offered $100 if we set up an appointment to tour SSR and listened to the presentation. Of course we did it! The $100 paid for our souvenirs. :D

:tigger:

Kidsmom
01-23-2008, 06:22 PM
In August '07, we got the same as Horizon. The fastpasses for our family of 6 and the kids got ice cream.

The fast passes were worth it! Some rides had no more fastpasses to give out for the day and we were able to walk right into line. We also had our fastpasses from our room keys also working getting us fastpasses for other attractions.

We did end of buying. We were shocked at how low-key the sales pitch is.....actually it is not even a pitch, but rather information on what DVC is and how it works.

We are happy for our decision!

Hayden's Dad
01-24-2008, 10:28 AM
How long do the "spiels" last? We may be interested in hearing one, but don't want to take to much time away from our vacation.

Horizon93
01-24-2008, 11:01 AM
That is exactly how DW and I felt before we took the tour. It was our last full day of a 7 night trip. Boy was it worth it! We were picked up at the Swan at 8:30 AM. We were taken to the preview center. We met our guide Rob and had the presentation and the tour. The AKV models really convinced DW. The whole thing took about 90 minutes or so. It really depends on how many questions you ask and how much time you spend looking at the models.

You will leave with tons of great information, many questions answered and some decisions to make!

It is a no pressure presentation, so don't worry.

Kidsmom
01-24-2008, 05:05 PM
We did it on our second day at around 10 am and were at the park by 12:00. We asked lots of questions and took our time wandering and eating ice cream.

We got to the park and enjoyed our FastPasses!

Doing it the second day out of 7 was good as we called our guide everyday with questions and we were ready to commit by the end of our vacation which got us extra points to use the first year.