PDA

View Full Version : Any rides/shows you won't do again?

JerseyMouse
01-23-2008, 03:38 PM
In the same vein as the post about rides you've never gone on, how about some you've done, and won't do again.

Mine are Mission Space, Star Tours, Sounds Dangerous, Finding Nemo The Musical. Most others I could probably be coaxed back on.

TheMartellFamily
01-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Mine would be EE. I did once to give it a try and did it again to see if my feelings were changed going it on the 2nd time. Nope I do not like that feeling I get when we are going in circles backwards. It is a great ride my body just does not like it. The other one is RNR. Same thing have done it a couple of times to see and it just puts my body out of sink with incredible headaches.

Polynesian Dweller
01-23-2008, 04:15 PM
MK - Stitch (boring)

Epcot - Mexico (once was enough),Journey into Imagination (once was more than enough)

CaptainSad
01-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Sounds Dangerous... That's all I have to say. Worst thing in the whole World, Disney World that is...

CaptainSad
01-23-2008, 04:22 PM
Sounds Dangerous... That's all I have to say. Worst thing in the whole World, Disney World that is...

mickey&missy
01-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Definitely Stitch!

I can't believe they couldn't have come up with something better for such a great character!

JerseyWDWfan
01-23-2008, 04:45 PM
MK - Tiki Room (another 20 minutes of my life wasted)

Stitch (can you say: stupid?)

EPCOT - Finding Nemo Ride - (scared the pants off my 5 year old)

MGM - Star Tours (barf)

AK - Tricertop Spin (once was enough for me, my 3 year olds made me go about 5 time)

FortheloveofStitch
01-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Finding Nemo, Pocahontas and friends, Sounds Dangerous

brogan54
01-23-2008, 04:50 PM
stitch, finding nemo, sounds dangerous,:)

SBETigg
01-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Sounds Dangerous, Stitch, Snow White's Adventures, and the Speedway are the only ones that come to mind.

dumbo ears
01-23-2008, 05:09 PM
mine would be stitch, tommorrowlan speedway, maybe kali river rapids, narnia

Polynesian Dweller
01-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Yep, I should have added Sounds Dangerous. it was another terrible refurb.

crazeedizneefinatic
01-23-2008, 05:27 PM
Things I would not ride again:
MK
Tea cups-although I seem to end up on them every trip with my son!
Stitch-enough said

MGM
although not a ride-Indiana Jones stunt show-several times is enough

Epcot
Can't say anything here, although I have been to chicken to try Mission Space. I can imagine I would list that.

Animal Kingdom
I dislike this park. We don't spend hardly anytime there. Maybe a half day out of 8. I can say we like the Safari and EE.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Sounds Dangerous-zzzzzzz snooze zzzzzz

Dinosaur-my neck was hurting afterwards

Narnia-may give another try after refurnished

jaredkari
01-23-2008, 05:32 PM
I give another big vote to SOUNDS DANGEROUS-definately the biggest waste of space in WDW.

My wife won't do Mission Space or Star Tours-she gets sick-although I love Mission Space enough to go it alone:mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-23-2008, 05:37 PM
MK: Monsters Laugh Floor

AK: Dinosaur

DisFan01
01-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Rides Never Ridden:
Rock 'n' Rollercoaster
Tower of Terror

Rides I will never do again:
Jungle Cruise (jokes were funny...once)
Stitch's Great Escape (complete disaster)

I LOVE the rest of Disney World!!! :mickey:

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
01-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Dinosaur..again, terrifying experience that I will never do again and also Sounds Dangerous and Lights Motor Action

Dopey's Girl
01-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Sounds Dangerous, Ellen and her Energy Adventures, Tea Cups, and Fantasmic. I usually love the night time shows, but that one just didn't do it for me!

TTA Metroliner
01-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Overall, I will ride anything (multiple times even) but based on time constraints I usually skip:

Sounds Dangerous in HS and anything that spins in a circle (Astro Orbiter, Dumbo, etc.) Despite the themeing, these are rides that don't 'do it' for me.

jillluvsdisney
01-23-2008, 06:48 PM
No one has mentioned this one yet. I'm done with Big Thunder Mountain. It's just too jerky for me and I get banged around pretty good by the time it's over. I'm too busy hanging on to enjoy it anymore.

PirateLover
01-23-2008, 07:19 PM
The only attraction I can say for certain that I'll never do again is Sounds Dangerous.
I usually avoid Stitch, Kali and a few others but there could be a circumstance where I would ride it again I guess. But not SD.

DakotaDisney
01-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Sounds Dangerous

Need I say any more?

IloveDisney71
01-23-2008, 08:12 PM
I totally agree. There are other rides that I didn't really care for, but would do again if I had the time and nothing better to do. BUT I would NEVER do Sounds Dangerous again!

disneylovinmom
01-23-2008, 08:43 PM
We will not do Sounds Dangerous (that one needs to go), Stitch ( it's just is a bad attraction), Kali River Rapids (hate to be wet), and I agree with the person who said they dislike AK in general. So do we. I may not even ride Splash Mountain again because we got so wet on that one last time. We have not had a problem with it until this year. We'll have to see how wet everyone else gets before we decide. Oh yeah, and we won't ride Dumbo just because who wants to wait in line for all that time for that??:thumbsup:

kakn7294
01-23-2008, 09:08 PM
There's nothing I won't ever do again (unless Disney doesn't give me a choice by closing it!), but I prefer to skip Sounds Dangerous, Primevel Whirl, Stitch, and Kali River Rapids.

BelleLovesTheBeast
01-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Stitch - I liked it so much better when it was Alien Encounters......terrible now! That chili dog smell makes me sick.

Sounds Dangerous - I love Drew Carey but I've seen it 5 times and that is enough.

Speedway - I had a kid that kept hitting the back of my car

Nemo the Musical - what a waste of my time!

CaptSmee
01-23-2008, 10:08 PM
hhmmm...the only thing's i'm not crazy about are Space Mtn (it camps my long legs up), Kali River Rapids (it soaks you), and Primveal Whirl (leg problems again). I usually avoid those attractions.

Speedy1998
01-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Mission Space, and Body Wars (if Wonders of life ever reopens) both make me :sick:

Eeyore Phan
01-23-2008, 10:29 PM
Sounds Dangerous. Without a doubt!

Tink#64
01-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Stitch! It was such a let down! My youngest DS was so anxious to visit that attraction when it 1st opened and we were not thrilled with it at all! No one was interested in trying it again during our last trip.

It's sad, because Stitch is such a great character! He's one of our absolute fav's. I think it's so disappointing that Disney couldn't have come up with a better attraction for this character. :( :stitch:

azcavalier
01-23-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm surprised that so many of you put Stitch's Great Escape on there, but not one of you mentioned something like the Country Bears. That is waaaaay more painful than Stitch for me. I thought that Stitch was kind of funny, actually. But I don't think that I can sit through the Bears again.

We went to Sounds Dangerous, but my 3year old started to throw a fit, and so I spent most of it outside. I guess I didn't miss much.

Chronicles of Narnia...what a waste. Went through it in September, and it was basically a commercial for a movie that I had already seen twice! We sat through the thing with the witch, and then went through the doors...and it was over??? We expected more than that. What was the point of it???

2Epcot
01-23-2008, 11:57 PM
For me, Stitch at the Magic Kingdom and, Sounds Dangerous at the Studios. I would have said Space Mountian as well, but since it will be rebuilt soon, I will be back on Space Mountain.

gresh00
01-24-2008, 12:22 AM
Teacups and that Twirlly ride at AK. If Body Wars was still around, that too.
I'm getting quesy even as I write this

tinpanorama
01-24-2008, 02:21 AM
Two words: Sounds Dangerous

Runner-Up: Mission Space :sick:

I have never been on Stitch. Not really in a hurry to either.

applecore72
01-24-2008, 07:52 AM
That motorcars, stunts and action show at DHS. I was so bored and the show was sooo long... My DD (age 3 at the time) and I just skipped the last part and left my husband to watch it alone while we went and had some icecream :D

On our next trip - I will let my husband do this alone with our friend while me and DDs will go on another show.

Oh, and another ride I don't care to much about is the riverboat. Once is enough.

Airblue1
01-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Jungle Cruise

Disneypixie513
01-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Hmm. I'd have to say Dinosaur and Finding Nemo(the ride and the Musical).
Dinosaur: Too rough and loud.
Nemo: kinda boring for me

CleveSJM
01-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Finding Nemo the Musical was pretty bad for me. I'll probably give it a second chance but it was pretty bad. I don't think Disney should try to make musicals out of non-musical Pixar's anymore...

Sounds Dangerous is really bad. Making it into a gift shop would be a big plus for DHS.

Little note about Disney Studios Paris. They have the worst ride in the history of Disney, "Armageddon." I really felt like trying to get a $2.50 refund for the waste of time... :blush:

Kairi_7378
01-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Stitch, Country Bears, HISTA.
Have never ridden the Tommorowland Speedway and don't intend to. Too many other things to do and see!

January-2007
01-24-2008, 08:55 AM
I will never ride the Seas with Nemo ever again. That was so painful.

RAIDER
01-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Sounds Dangerous & Indiana Jones ...both bored me rotten :ack:

goofysbabe
01-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Hands down - Sounds Dangerous - that is the only thing I will never, never do again!!! I think that is the biggest waste of space.

MickeyMousse
01-24-2008, 10:17 AM
I can only think of 2 rides within 2 parks...I guess that's a good thing!

MK: The Laugh Floor (man, those seats are HARD!!)

MGM: Lights, Action etc.... if you've seen it once, why go back? (especially once they've shown you "the secrets"...I think that blows the entire show. Keep it a secret!! It's more exciting that way!)

4ubie1
01-24-2008, 10:17 AM
HHMMM...

MK: Stitch (out of principle) and Teacups (cause I get sick on the spinning rides) :sick:

EPCOT: MS (would get sick on it)

Studios: Star Tours (once again i get sick) :ack:

AK: Triceratops..the spinning one (would get sick)

BeccaO
01-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Definately the stunt show at Hollywood Studios! Too loud!!!!!

3Cabsfan
01-24-2008, 07:38 PM
I loved Universe of Energy before Ellen was stuck in there. No need to ever go back, it just plain ruined that attraction.

Hair_Razor
01-24-2008, 07:51 PM
I agree with Lights, camera... also Kali I'm not a big fan of getting wet.

jedi jen
01-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Never done Sounds Dangerous, and don't plan to. Same with "Lights, Action . . . "

I was very disappointed in Narnia . . . it was painful. I totally agree with a previous writer about it being a commercial for a movie I had already seen. Plus, DD(4 at the time) and DS (8 at the time) could not even see because you had to stand up in a room in front of a television-type screen. I don't know who thought this would be a good idea. I have not heard about a refurb abou this one, but a re-do would be more appropriate. :mickey:

Like everything else enough to do again. I would do Figment, Ellen, Jungle Cruise, Tea Cups, etc. again--mostly because DD(5) and DS(9) have so many great memories and they like it. We all agree that Dinosaur was a disappointment - just dark and jerky.

RhodeHog
01-25-2008, 01:24 AM
Star Tours

RIP Body Wars - I had a body war after riding this on a hot July day after downing a BBQ sandwich at The Land.:ack: NOT RECOMMENDED

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-25-2008, 01:26 AM
Oh man, there are so many. And when I take over the company, they will be the first to feel my wrath.

MK
Stitch (Gross....I'd prefer Alien Encounter)
Laugh Floor (I laughed only cause it was so horrible)
Carosuel of Progress (I'll never ride it again but it will be spared because it was Walt's original)
Small World (I have the unfortunate luck of getting stuck for 20 minutes every time but will also be spared)
Pooh's Ride (I will see Mr. Toad brought back!)

Epcot
I'll make it easy - all of Future World and World Showcase (rides and movies only - entertainment is okay) except Soarin, Imagination, Test Track, Mission: Space, and Maelstrom.

DHS
Great American Movie Ride (not so great)
Toy Story Mania (yes, I know it hasn't opened but it looks like another Buzz Lightyear rip off).
Sounds Dangerous (sounds stupid)
Narnia Exhibit
Backlot needs some improvement cause I am content without it...
Indiana Jones can use a serious overhaul (there were 2 other movies...)

AK
To be fair, I still haven't done everything here but I don't care for It's Tough to be a Bug or Pocahontas and her Friends.

mrsgaribaldi
01-25-2008, 04:51 AM
Sounds Dangerous, Country Bears, Kali River Rapids.

prttynpnk
01-25-2008, 09:37 AM
For me, it has been so hot or my feet been tired enough to sit thru Ellens energy adventure or Sounds Dangerous again!

WVParkfan
01-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Jungle Cruise.

Wasted precious MK time on our first visit (10 years ago). Been back to WDW 7 more times, and have never made that mistake again.

JPooh
01-25-2008, 10:35 AM
For Me In:

MK - The Tree House - Did it once and vowed nerver again

Epcot - Universe Of Engergy - too long

AK - 2006 was my last Safari trip

DHS - I'm done with Muppet 3D

May524
01-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Sounds dangerous-that was just terrible! We also always sick Country Bear Jamboree, it's not high on our to do list..and we just never make it.

WriteDisney
01-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Theres very few that I would never do again, actually I can only think of one show. I know I stand alone with this conviction, but I would never do fantasmic again.

I didn't see what all the fuss was about at all. :confused: But I know there are few people who agree with me.

diz_girl
01-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Never do again :
Body Wars (now gone)
Stitch (I hate chili dogs)
Narnia (just lame)

Never done:
Rn'R (scaredy cat)
ToT (ditto - but was going to try last trip, but got pregnant)
Mission Space (claustrophobia, motion sickness)
Star Tours (sibling of Body Wars)
a few others, but no real reasons

MK_Mtns
01-25-2008, 07:14 PM
i feel bad about answering this because i love disney and everything in it, but id have to say stitch. it was funny, basically every kid in there was crying :zipped:

joanna71985
01-25-2008, 07:26 PM
One word- Stitch.

There are also ones I haven't done yet/refuse to do (like Mission Space).

laguna
01-25-2008, 07:50 PM
I will NEVER ride Mission Space again!

ASweetLov
01-25-2008, 07:58 PM
To me it's Rock n Roller Coaster. I am not a roller coaster person and it made me sick, so never again:sick:

thejens
01-26-2008, 12:18 AM
NARNIA!!! I am still mad about those minutes being robbed from me!

I have never yet done Country Bears but feel an odd desire to check it out!

I would probably avoid several rides in the future, but since I have small children will probably be on Dumbo, Snow White, the carousel, tea cups etc. etc. etc. again and again and again.

Hey! I liked Nemo! :number1:

laughingplace<3
01-26-2008, 12:24 AM
Why does everyone not like Nemo?! :confused:

There are a handful I am not fans of, but I never say never. Unless it is American Adventure (HUGE BORE).

I REALLY don't like Mission:Space in general, but I suppose I would ride it again if someone else wanted me to. Ellen's Energy Adventure is a waste of time, and so is Maelstrom. El Rio del Tiempo was a waste of time when I last went on it, but I haven't been on the renovated one.

I also hate Sounds Dangerous and Star Tours. What a waste of time! Dumbo is a huge waste of time and so is Snow White's Scary Adventures. I also really don't like Stitch.

But again, as I said, I wouldn't NEVER go on anything again.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
01-26-2008, 06:46 AM
I am really surprised that no one said "Enchanted Tiki Room under new Management" :D

I have been on twice,in the Christmas period, and there were maybe 20 people in there both times and I have NEVER seen a queue for this outside either

I don't hate it, but probably will not go again. It's just embarassing when the Cast Member starts to dance and al...

Figment1988
01-26-2008, 07:24 PM
the watered down version of Mission Space. it was like they took the most intense attraction and it was weakened. but i'll still go on the original version.