PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions: Park Opening Ceremonies & FastPass

ljv1975
01-23-2008, 03:25 PM
When there are EMH in the morning, do the opening ceremonies at AK and MK happen at the begining of EMH or at the time the park opens for the general public? Also, are these the only 2 parks with special opening ceremonies at the entrance?

When you get a fastpass do you have to get one pass for each person in your party or will one pass be good for the group? (Me, DH and DD)

I know the answers to these might be common knowledge, but I really am clueless as this is our first trip! Thanks!

Altair
01-23-2008, 04:10 PM
They don't have opening ceremonies on days with early EMH.

Each person needs their own Fast Pass.:mickey:

katzctkpt
01-23-2008, 10:27 PM
The opening ceremony for the parks are on days that don't have EMH. If you want to view the ceremony I recommend being there a good 45 minutes before it opens especially at AK. You enter go straight and cross the bridge to stand in front of the Tree of Life (they rope it and no one passes until the ceremony is over) and it gets really packed. If you are planning to ride EE then you need to be on the right side of the tree. Have a map and be ready to walk fast.
On the Fast Passes it's one per person and just in case you don't know it'll stamp a time at the bottom of the ticket to tell you when you can get another FP for the rides. We usually hit the FP 1st for EE then stand in line to ride and use the FP later.

DANAM
01-27-2008, 10:08 AM
When we where there in September for little one's extra magic hour they did do something. There was a count down with music and the cast members threw mickey shaped confetti in the air. I don't think it is what you where looking for but they did do something. My kids 5 and 3 loved it.

Main Street Jim
01-28-2008, 08:35 AM
EMH mornings at MK is an "audio-only" show with no characters/train.

For "regular" days with the Opening Welcome show, be inside the turnstiles before 8:30am. Show starts at 8:48am. :thumbsup:

RoosMomKanga
01-28-2008, 11:32 AM
Once inside the turnstiles is there anywhere special you should stand for the best viewing Jim?

Main Street Jim
01-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Once inside the turnstiles is there anywhere special you should stand for the best viewing, Jim?In the center, near the Mickey floral ;)