PDA

View Full Version : Are there any rides you have Never gone on?

malip
01-23-2008, 01:46 PM
We just spent the weekend at the World and I actually rode a ride that I have never ridden before; the Astro Orbiter. I don't know why I have never done this one before. It just always seemed like too long a wait for another Dumbo style ride. Was real surprised at how fast it actually went. What are some other rides that get skipped every time?

biodtl
01-23-2008, 01:52 PM
I think the only thing I have never been on in MK is Goofy's Barnstormer.

In Epcot - Mission Space

MGM - There are a few shows I have missed

AK - Dinosaur, Primevel Whirl & the walking trails (we only had one day and it was an early closing one)

Tick-Tock
01-23-2008, 01:59 PM
MK:

Astro Orbiter (chickened out when I realized how high it was)
Stitch

MGM:

Tower of Terror (again, the height factor...)
Never seen Beauty & the Beast, the Little Mermaid, or the Bear in the Big Blue House shows

kdsjjb
01-23-2008, 02:17 PM
That's funny - Astro Orbiter is one that we had never done before. We decided on our last trip that we were gonna do it. No need to do it again, lol. Too fast for me and DW, too high for youngest DS.

One thing that we still have never done is Ellen's Energy Adventure Seems like every time we've been there it was closed, but after reading a bit about it, I'm not sure we've missed anything :secret:

One thing that I wish was still on my "never done that" list is Sounds Dangerous. Thats 12 minutes we'll never get back.

thrillme
01-23-2008, 02:18 PM
No telling what hidden ones I've missed but I've missed the ride in MEXICO in Epcot. Just found out it was there...(but I've done Malestorm in Norway)...skipped Triceratops Spin and some of the toddler rides in Mickey and Minnies area.

I haven't been on Finding Nemo yet because it was under construction the last time we went.

Imagineer1981
01-23-2008, 02:27 PM
goofys barnstormer for me

dteed
01-23-2008, 02:31 PM
There are shows that we have not done but other than that we have done everything at least once.

MOJoe
01-23-2008, 02:37 PM
I've never taken a ride on the Riverboat. Maybe i can change that this April. But the Astro Orbiter is a real treat, especially at night!

Madame Leona
01-23-2008, 03:00 PM
I've never been on Kali River Rapids. I really want to try it though.

azcavalier
01-23-2008, 03:19 PM
One thing that I wish was still on my "never done that" list is Sounds Dangerous. Thats 12 minutes we'll never get back.

Man, that's how I feel about the Country Bears Jamboree. I thought it was just awful. My wife likes it, though. I've offered to wander around while she watches it.

We've never been on the Astro Orbiter, either. Everyone in my family says that it's too high.

We have never, in four trips, been to Camp Minnie-Mickey.

We've never done the Tomorrowland Speedway, either. It *always* seems to have a 30 minute wait (at least), and I refuse to wait that long for a ride that old.

I personally have never been on Aladdin's Flying Carpets.

kathiep
01-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Now that I think about it, there are more than I realized.

Tomorrowland speedway - DH & DS have gone but I haven't made it.

Astro Orbiter - doesn't look all the interesting

Never climbed the tree house (not really a ride) - last trip out the family did it but I was too exhausted after MNSSHP.

Looks like I have a few to-do's on my next trip!

JerseyMouse
01-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Hmmmm...

The Mad Tea Cups, Goofy's Barnstormer are the ones that are immediately popping into my mind.

TheMartellFamily
01-23-2008, 03:55 PM
ToT is not one that I have gone on, but this may change this trip. Due to my 2 DS being of the size my DH wants a picture with all on it. I think it is a dumb idea but then when we talked about it I never though this day was going to come. Um I was wrong, it came faster than I thought. We will see. The other one I have not been on is Astro orbitor since I do not like heights. The last one is Hester and Chester coaster thing. It just looks like I could get sick no matter what. The coster part looks fun but the tilt-a-whirl aspect will get me sick.

Polynesian Dweller
01-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Lots really now that this thread has made me think about. Astro Orbiter is one for some reason, don't really know why.

MK- Dumbo, Alladin, Snow White, Pooh, Goofy's Barnstormer, no real good reasons other than our time seems to be spent elsewhere.

AK - Kali River Rapids just because its way to wet for us, Tricertops Spin

Can't think of anything we haven't done at least once at Epcot and the Studios

Gator
01-23-2008, 04:09 PM
I always skip autopia. Never seemed worth the line. I wish I had skipped Universe of Energy last time. What a waste.

I used to miss the Riverboat each time. But once I hit it last trip, I'll never miss it again.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
01-23-2008, 04:18 PM

That's the one my girls and I have never seen. DH saw it once (out of 14 trips) and has never had a desire to return either :ack:

We have never, in four trips, been to Camp Minnie-Mickey.

You have never seen Festival of the Lion King? You ought to remedy that next time :D

snowflakegirl
01-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Magic Kingdom - Astro Orbiter, Stitch, and I've never seen the Country Bears.

Epcot -- Mission Space (and the new Nemo ride, but I'll be doing that in August)

MGM -- I haven't seen Beauty and the Beast or Sounds Dangerous.

AK -- Triceratop Spin

Mousefever
01-23-2008, 04:52 PM
MK
Dumbo
Alladin
Stitch
Liberty Belle Riverboat

Epcot
Honey I Shrunk the Audience

Studios
Beauty and the Beast
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Magic of Animation
Sounds Dangerous
One Man's Dream

AK
Kali River Rapids
Rafiki's Planet Watch
Pocohantas and Her Forest Friends

Note: Rides in bold print are ones I would like to try at least once.

:dory:

LarryBoy
01-23-2008, 04:53 PM
I honestly can't think of anything. Oh well guess I've done it all, no need to go back...;) :D just kidding.

I haven't ridden Haunted Mansion or SSE since the changes, but I can't wait to. Does that count?

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
01-23-2008, 05:48 PM
I have never gone on Kali River Rapids...I don't like to get completely soaked :)

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-23-2008, 05:54 PM
MK:
Astro Orbiter
Riverboat

MGM:
RnRC
Star Tours (The kids, I rode it in December for the first time)

EPCOT:
Mission Space
Ellen's Energy Adventure

AK:
Triceratops Spin
Nemo Musical

Dopey's Girl
01-23-2008, 06:01 PM
I don't do any of the spinny rides :sick:. No one wants that! I have also never been to the Tikki Room or the Country Bear Jambouree!

laward32
01-23-2008, 07:02 PM
MK

Aladdin
Astro Orbiter
Liberty River Boat
Monsters Inc.
Teacups & Carousel-b/c I would get sick

MGM
Sounds Dangerous
Lights, Motor Show
Indiana Jones Show

EPCOT
Mission Space
Maelstrom

AK
Festival of the Lion King
Pocahontas
Rafiki's Planet Watch
Finding Nemo the Musical
Kali River Rapids-but don't want to

I've got a lot left to do on the next trip.
Gives me a reason to keep going to WDW!!! Yeah!!!:mickey:

wendy*darling
01-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Motion sickness problems are usually what prevent me from going on a ride. But there are actually a few with other more vague reasons...

MK
Goofy's Barnstormer
Stitch
Teacups

Epcot
Mission:Space

Hollywood Studios
Rock n Roller Coaster
Bear in the Big Blue House

AK
Primeval Whirl
Triceratop Spin
Pocahontas

I don't see any changes to this list happening anytime soon... :mickey:

IloveDisney71
01-23-2008, 08:34 PM
There are a few attractions that I haven't done yet:
Turtle Talk With Crush
Monsters Inc. Laugh Club
and several shows at Disney Studios (Mermaid, Bear in the Big Blue House), Chronicles of Narnia walk-thru

I think I've done everything else.

#1donaldfan
01-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Never been on the river boat at MK. I'm sure there are more, but my mind is totally blank....I'll be back later if I get the gray matter back....:thumbsup:

Eeyore Phan
01-23-2008, 10:26 PM
I like this thread as it seems like we all have a trend of missing the Liberty Belle Riverboat...

MK
Liberty Belle Riverboat (WILL HIT in March!)
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Goofy's Barnstormer
Mad Tea Party

EPCOT
Most World Showcase shows

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
Got 'em all! :number1:

AK
Triceratops Spin
Some shows

So mostly it looks like what I need to do next time around is slow down a bit and take in some of the shows going on around the parks!!! :mickey:

KineGirl
01-23-2008, 10:32 PM
omg we talk about this all the time bc as much as we've been to WDW I, personally (ppl in my family have), have never ridden most of the core staples such as Space Mtn, ToT, Big Thunder RR!! I rode Splash Mtn once. Im just not a thrill ride person. But it is so funny to see the looks on ppls faces when they ask about those rides and I, for once, am at a loss about those particular Disney things! They're always like " Youve NEVER gone on that?!?! How many times have u been there?!?!" LOL

tinpanorama
01-23-2008, 10:32 PM
MK --- Winnie the Pooh, Stitch, Tiki Room, Astro Orbiter/Dumbo/Aladdin's Carpets, Tomorrowland Speedway, TTA, Barnstormer (or much of Toontown at all for that matter... not sure why, I always seem to miss it)

Epcot --- Ellen's Engry Adventure, Imagination, American Adventure and, believe it or not, I have never seen Illuminations

Studios --- Lights Motors Action, Playhouse Disney

AK --- Everest, Nemo Musical, Festival of the Lion King, the carnival rides in Dinoland

Even after all the times I have gone, there is still a ton I haven't done. Maybe next time... :blush::mickey:

elmjimmlm
01-23-2008, 11:51 PM
How much time do you have...I dont ride anything that I think will terrify, stun, shake, roll or drop...Fast is very bad...I do, however, hold everyones bags and I dont loose anything...Thats my job...At least that is what I tell my kids when they call me chicken for the 1000th time...

mickey&missy
01-24-2008, 06:16 AM
I have a lot;

MK
Splash Mountain (on our list for March)
Space Mountain
SpectroMagic (I will not leave next trip unless we've seen it!)
Barnstormer (DS wants this to be our first ride)
Laughing Floor

Epcot
The new Journey to the Imagination
M:S
Soarin (on our list for March)
Honey I shrunk the Audience
Test Track
Cranium Command

Studios
TOT
RNR
Great Movie Ride
Star Tours (on our list for March)
Sounds Dangerous (think we'll skip)
Backlot tour

AK
EE
Dinosaur (on our list for March)
Finding Nemo the Musical

On top of this apalling list I haven't done BTMMR or HM since I was a kid! Both are on our list for March!

Disney Doll
01-24-2008, 07:30 AM
The only one I can think of is the Kali Rivr Rapids. We always go in the winter and I don't want to get wet. :freeze:

Disneypixie513
01-24-2008, 08:28 AM
I've never been on:
Mission Space. ( i want to go on it once..On the less intense side though)
Ellen's Energy Adventure.
Most of the shows in World Showcase.

And I think i've done everything in HS and MK.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-24-2008, 05:37 PM
AK-
Kali River Rapids
Habitat Habitat
Expedition Everest-Not opened last visit, won't ride anyway-big chicken here!

Hollywood Studios-
Tower of Tower-too scared
Rockin Roller Coaster-ditto

Epcot-
Soarin
Test Track
Mission Space
Ellen's Adventure

Magic Kingdom-
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
Big Thunder Railroad

jedi jen
01-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Never done Sounds Dangerous; Lights, Camera, Action . . . , Country Bears, Beauty and the Beast, Nemo the Musical, River boat.

Wish I had never done Narnia.

Pretty much enjoy everything else,or at least have good memories about it (except maybe Dinorsaur).

:mickey:

adoptionislove
01-24-2008, 10:41 PM
I have never done Pirates of the Caribbean. It seems to be closed everytime we go!

Greenlawler
01-25-2008, 12:43 AM
Astro Orbiter, Riverboat, Dinosaur,

Just never really that interested in any of them

We have also never done Festival of the Lion King but its more because we just don't think about it, way over near Camp Mickey.

Never done the Rapids either because we also do not like getting wet.

Meghan
01-25-2008, 12:55 AM
Theres a few I haven't done...

Magic Kingdom:
Astro Orbiter
Liberty Square Riverboat (Unless you count during MNSSHP, which I don't)
Tom Sawyer Island

Epcot:
Circle of Life
Making of Me

Disney's Holloween Studios:
Journey into Narnia
Playhouse Disney

Disney's Animal Kingdom:
The walking trail in Dinoland USA
Triceratop Spin

jrpersinger
01-25-2008, 06:32 AM
Hummm......

I think I have rode and seen everything at MK.

Epcot, never have and never will ride Misson:Space. I have heart issues and while DH insist I can handle it and I could probably handle it, I am not risking it. And, I have not rode the new ride in Mexico.

MGM, I think the only thing we missed there was the Stunt Show. We kept missing the time waiting on other things.

AK, The Nemo Show and Dinosaur.

Gottaluvgoof
01-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Liberty Belle - Really wanted to try it last time, but looked like no benches or seats to be found. We walk open to close at the parks, and I'm not so sure I want to stand on the boat ride. It would be a wonderful place to relax, if you could only sit down. Otherwise, I'll probably continue to pass on that one.

Marker
01-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Tea Cups
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
TriceraTop Spin

JPooh
01-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Well let's see:
MK - Tom Sawyer Island
Ariel's Grotto
Astro Orbiter
Epcot - Behind The Seed Tour
DHS - Rock n Rollercoster
Honey I Shrunk The Kids set
Sounds Dangerous
AK - Conservation Station
Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
Flight of Wonder
Kali River Rapid
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Pocohantas
Finding Nemo Musical
Primeval Whirl
Mickey's Jamin Jungle Parade

Wow, I still have a lot to cover

goofysbabe
01-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Mine are:

MK- Astro Orbitor, Tea Cups, Liberty Boat thing

AK- Everest, have not seen Nemo or Lion King

MGM-RnR,Narnia, Playhouse Disney

Epcot-Mission Space, O'Canada and a bunch of other stuff - we just seem to not spend enough time in this park ----

And probably a ton of other stuff I'm forgetting or I just don't know about. Guess that's why I need to keep going back!!!

mreinventtt
01-25-2008, 01:27 PM
I am leaving for my 7th trip to the World in 32 days :plane: and there are somethings that I havent been on or seen. Heres the list.

Epcot
Mission Space..Any ride that has their own barf bags is a NO NO. :nope:
Havent seen the circle of life, the Canada movie, Reflection of China and Impressions De France. Am I missing out??

Animal Kingdom
Primeval Whirl..I would lose my lunch. :ack:
And the Triceratop Spin.
Never in the Bone Yard.
We havent seen Pocahontas and her forest friends show, Flights of wonder, and Habitat habit.
It is always 20 degrees hotter in this park. We dont spend much time there.

MGM
We havent seen The Animation thingy and the Bear in the Big Blue house show. I am too old for the big Blue bear.

Magic Kingdom
Have never been on Cinderellas golden carrousel, Dumbo :dumbo: The Barnstormer, and Tomorrowland Indy Speedway.

Peace out.
Missy :thumbsup:

MK_Mtns
01-25-2008, 05:37 PM
mk- tom sawyer island, riverboat, dumbo, hmm..i think that's it?

epcot- journey into imagination

mgm- none?

ak- triceratop spin, that might be it

Hair_Razor
01-25-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm surprised how many people haven't done Dumbo I thought I would be attacked over that.
The one ride I haven't done that I can't wait to do is EE!

laughingplace<3
01-25-2008, 06:40 PM
MK
Dumbo - not exciting at all
Astro Orbiters- never had time
Carousel
Riverboat- never looked interesting ?!
TTA- I want to go on it in a future trip

EPCOT
all world showcase shows besides America
Cranium Command
Body Wars
Turtle Talk- have done living with seas though
Innovations

AK
All shows besides Birds of Flight

HS
Who Wants to be a Millionaire
Tower of Terror- too scared! have been on the one in CA
Star Tours- have been on the one in CA

Hair_Razor
01-25-2008, 08:33 PM
I forgot Test Track I can't wait to ride that.

thejens
01-26-2008, 12:26 AM
Kali*
Country Bears*
Rockin Roller Coaster too scared, ?someday
Sounds Dangerous guess I'll skip this one
High School Musical show*
Tea Cups doesnt seem worth the time
Turtle Talk*
Body Wars and Cranium still in existence? sound interesting
Astro Orbiter hmmm maybe I'll pass on this one
*means I'd like to try Actually, I'd like to do them all once, but haven't prioritized these yet. I can't imagine that even the Country Bears could be worse than Narnia.

AdventurerKim
01-26-2008, 02:45 PM
1. Space Mountain
2. Stitch
3. Tower of Terror
4. Rock N Rollercoaster
5. most rides at AK

Eventually I plan to go on RnRC and TOT.

Hull-onian
01-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Teacups. Yup, fraid I'd get :dizzy:. LOL

JerseyDad
01-29-2008, 11:01 AM
..."been there...done that"...for WDW attractions....except..

...never been on Mission Space...and I am pretty sure that I never will attempt it. I do know that there is a "meek & mild" version...but...I...Do...Not....Care!!

Here's why.......

....woman that I work with....well, her dad works at WDW. I also work with this woman's husband. Since they make frequent trips to WDW...I get frequent trip reports. One such report from the woman included her recollection of how her dad...and husband were completely....screwed-up....for the remainder of the day after going on Mission Space.

In the past...I've had inner ear infections that have made me dizzy :dizzy:....I've had the flu that made me dizzy :dizzy: ....there is NO WAY I'm gonna' be on vacation...and be dizzy on purpose!! :dizzy:

DizNee143
01-29-2008, 11:34 AM
just about everything at AK except dinosaur..tough to be a bug..and the safari..
mission space...astro orbiter..goofys ride thing..stitch..TOT

chrisb26
01-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Well after reading through this thread I see there are alot of rides I haven't been on :D

Magic Kingdom
Liberty Belle River Boat
Dumbo
Flying Carpets

Epcot
The Canada, France and China Shows
Turtle Talk with Crush
Circle of Life

MGM
Beauty and the Beast show
Playhouse Disney
Narnia
Little Mermaid Show

Animal Kingdom
Kali River Rapids (with a pancho!)
Triceratop Spin
Rafiki Planet Watch
Camp Minnie Mickey
Pocohantas
Flight of Wonder

Now this list might seem long but on my last couple trips the list was much longer. Before those trips I had actually never been on most of the rides in Fantasyland. As well as a few others around the World.

This up coming trip in May I plan on knocking a few more of these off the list. Which are now in bold. Animal Kingdom we usually do pretty fast. Last trip only did Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, and Everest. Just not my favorite park :( But I think I'll venture into Camp Minnie Mickey on my next trip since I've never been in there before :D

Belle619
01-29-2008, 03:47 PM
I've never been on...
MK - the Teacups, Astro Orbiter, Dumbo or Magic Carpets - all by choice I think - not really a fan of going around in circles. it makes me kinda :ill:

AK - EE- I totally chickened out!!! :stop:

Studios - RnR. ToT - I totally chickened out here too! :scared:

Epcot - Mexican boat ride :sail: (was closed when we went), TT (didn't want to wait in line):drive:

senderella
01-29-2008, 04:33 PM
I am a weenie.....I have never been on Tower of Terror or Rockin Rollercoaster. I just don't think I can handle it. Peter Pan's Flight and It's a Small World are more my speed!

snerd475
01-29-2008, 08:49 PM
I've been to MK at least 10 times and never went on:
Dumbo - c'mon. really. ANY wait time to go round and round and up and down. Fair ride.
Swiss Family Treehouse - not interested AT ALL
Stitch - heard too many horror stories
Enchanted Tiki Room
Country Bears
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor

At Epcot:
Mission Space - I went on Star Tours and THAT made me nauseous, so I'm opting out!
Circle of Life - sounds like a lecture to me.
Turtle Talk
Ellen's Adventure - went on it before the Ellen days, but get too many bad reports now.

AK & DHS: only been to those once each, so lots yet to see and do. DD9 crapped out on me in the studio of RoRC after waiting for 25 min - butterflies got to her. It is my goal in life to ride it!

Magic Smiles
01-29-2008, 09:07 PM
WOW after reading this thread, there are so many that we still have not experienced, especially shows. So I am going to list the new ones that we experienced on our Dec 07 visit:
Sounds Dangerous - terrible
The Nemo Show - not for us
Liberty Belle - we loved this
Aladdins Flying Carpets - had to try it once
Turtle Talk with Crush - great show
Monsters Inc - good show and rest
Living with the Land - would have liked to do this again. This is the one that goes through the garden area, is it?

We have however experienced all the major rides, except for the little kid rides. At least I think so. We seem to do the big ticket rides over and over again.

WickedDisHP
01-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Ride Never Did--Triceratop Spin
It's for younger kids, but maybe I'll next I go I'll drag someone on with me to keep a record of doing all WDW rides.