PDA

View Full Version : Disney magic works 2 ways...

disneycouple2004
01-23-2008, 12:44 PM
From our recent trip 12-22 to 12-29...i didn't even notice this until DW said something..right after Christmas day and each day after the decorations started slowly dissappearing...almost not even noticeable..but they were..its like they plan exactly what to take down and when..stepping it up each day after...just thought i would see if anyone else noticed this...:D

irish1967
01-23-2008, 01:35 PM
I've never seen them take down the Christmas Decorations but was there several years ago at Thanksgiving time. I remember commenting to my DDad that they must plan it out in great detail because a little more was finished every morning, but it never looked like it was only partly decorated! Does that make sense?

TheMartellFamily
01-23-2008, 04:03 PM
It is the same as for the day after Halloween on November 1st christmas stuff was going up.

TheRustyScupper
01-23-2008, 06:03 PM
They have had many years to practice and schedule.

#1donaldfan
01-23-2008, 08:57 PM
It must be cool to see it slowly evolve....

csdavis
01-24-2008, 09:04 AM
When do the resorts take down their stuff? I was wondering about the gingerbread house at GF.

jaredkari
01-24-2008, 06:12 PM
On the first day of our trip this January we went to MK and the tree and all the decorations down Main Street were still up. We came back the next morning and it was all gone. We were pretty impressed that they got all that down so quickly.

3Cabsfan
01-24-2008, 07:33 PM
The schedule is very detailed and the crews have it down to a science. Coming in to watch them put things up is great. Kind of sad when they take it down. Unfortunately, because there is so much to put up over so much area, it begins right before Halloween. This year was at the Studios and alot of guests thought that was a bit much. They're celebrating Halloween at MK and we're putting up the tree just on the other side of the property.

goofysbabe
01-25-2008, 08:03 AM
I'd like to know about GF's gingerbread house too! We'll be there Dec. 29th and I wanted to see the house and possibly buy one to take home. Does anyone when they take it down or stop selling houses?

LovinWDW
01-25-2008, 02:45 PM
We were there for Halloween this past Oct. A few day after Oct 31st Hollywood Studios main St already had its Christmas decorations up. A cast member told us they call it Halloismas.:thumbsup: