PDA

View Full Version : How far do you walk ??

disneycouple2004
01-23-2008, 11:27 AM
I read somewhere that the average family at Disneyworld for a 7 day trip walks about 75 miles...:jaw:...that seemed like alot to me, so this year i bought a pedometer and took with us. Keep in mind we know Disney well, so we normally walk less than most folks...and i did not use it at the airport..the many trips back and forth to the resort store..etc...but i did use it at the parks every day for 8 days and i came up with a total of 54 MILES !!...WOW...so i guess that 75 mile average is pretty close...anyone else have some numbers to share ??:D

cfoshe
01-23-2008, 01:17 PM
I have not, but I know by the end of the week my legs feel like jelly. I also know that they like the long restful drive home.:D

Jeff
01-23-2008, 01:28 PM
We also take a pedometer on each trip just out of curiosity. Our highest total for one day was 14.4 miles. The average day we are usually 7 to 9 miles.

I had thought our totals were high as we often stay at the Swan and will walk to Epcot at night for something to eat and Illuminations several times each trip. We also use the walkway to the Studios. I guess our average is more average than I had thought.

Polynesian Dweller
01-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Had a GPS enabled fitness watch for this last trip and it recorded about 81 miles for 6 days.

Ghost * Hostess
01-23-2008, 03:20 PM
I do, I do.

In 2005 we were in Disney for 6 days and walked 45.38 miles.

In 2006 we were there for 7 days and walked 65.34 miles.

Last trip 2007 in Disney for 7 days and walked 63.54 miles.

We stay on a monorail hotel and rent a car, so It could have been more miles than that.

Its funny because when we finally go to sleep, I feel like my legs are still in motion.

MizMissy
01-23-2008, 05:30 PM
I wish I had brought a pedometer our last trip. I do know, on day 4, we were driving to SeaWorld (can I mention that on this board?:secret:) and my 5 year old asked if we had to walk that day. When I broke the news to him that, in fact, we did ... he said that he couldn't walk that day because his legs were broke. I honestly felt the same way.

irish1967
01-24-2008, 03:41 PM
:mickey: LOL a little less than 2 weeks ago, I KNOW I walked more than 13.1 miles one day...I participated in the half marathon :mickey:

We do quite a bit of walking, though! I'll have to check into actually measuring when we are there next summer!

rubato
01-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Wow, that's a lot more walking than I thought. So, maybe I can skip my morning runs while I'm there! Yay!!!!! :party: