PDA

View Full Version : BoatWrights

Airblue1
01-23-2008, 10:07 AM
How far is boatwrights from port orelans french quarter?

AwPhooey
01-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Boatwright's is located in Port Orleans Riverside which is less than a mile away (probably half a mile).

If you don't have a car with you, you can take a short boat ride up the Sassagoula River to Port Orleans Riverside.

Airblue1
01-23-2008, 10:21 AM
That would be a long walk to carry breakfast. That is what I was looking for. I like to get breakfast for my wife to wake her up in the morning. How often do the boats go back and forth?
thanks

Mr. Smee
01-23-2008, 11:09 AM
On a particularly lazy morning, while the daughter, wife and Mil were still sleeping, I did exactly what you want to do. The sweet potato pancakes were a welcome sight for the lazy ladies. They will box up the food in nice styrofoam and then bag it in a brown paper bag. It was still warm when I got back. The walk was maybe 7-10 minutes if that. If I remember correctly, The boats don't run that early, so walking is your best bet.

garymacd
01-23-2008, 11:15 AM
The boats don't start running until 11 am, I believe.

Why not go to the Sassagoula Floatworks to get your breakfast? It is a much shorter walk than all the way to POR. Both food courts offer basically the same food. And it usually isn't that crowded. You can be gone and back before she knows you're gone.

Of course, if you are looking for something a little more than the standard breakfast, POFQ doesn't have a sit-down restaurant. The best you could do is call it in (I don't know if they do this or not) and drive to POR and pick it up.

ginger19
01-23-2008, 12:03 PM
The downtown disney bus was running from the depot right near the main entrance directly to FQ so that would be another option if you didn't want to walk.

SBETigg
01-23-2008, 12:33 PM
The boats don't start running until 11 am, I believe.

Why not go to the Sassagoula Floatworks to get your breakfast? It is a much shorter walk than all the way to POR. Both food courts offer basically the same food. And it usually isn't that crowded. You can be gone and back before she knows you're gone.

I was thinking the same thing. The food court is right there. Unless you and your wife are going for a sit down breakfast together, the food court has some great options and is much closer.

#1donaldfan
01-23-2008, 01:29 PM
You can get breakfast at your food court, or the one at Riverside. It's only a short, 5 / 10 minute walk...not bad early in the AM.......BUT, if you want to try Boatwrights, you have to go in and sit down for their awesome breakfast. They have the best french toast and sweet potato pancakes anywhere in the world.......!!!!!!!!