PDA

View Full Version : Help !Good and Bad things about the Grandstand section at Saratoga?

ramftbl
01-23-2008, 08:47 AM
We'll be staying at the Grandstand section at Saratoga. Can anyone answer a few questions?
How is the theme pool there ?
How far from main check-in is it ?
Is it a long walk to Downtown Disney ?
Is the ferry launch close to our section ?
Any overall thoughts on staying there ?
As always, thanks to all who respond !!!

florida girl
01-23-2008, 09:58 AM
We have stayed in the carousel section and grandstand and the grandstand was great. It is very close walk from check in. If you are driving you take a round about way to get to the parking lot from check in but your rooms will actually be very close to the main buildings. The pool is basically like a bigger quiet pool but there is a spray park area that is very nice if you have any kids! The boat ride is not far away, however make sure you look at a map before you go to it b/c if you take a wrong turn you can end up walking a long way around SSR, as it is a very large resort! I believe the best trail is from the Congress Park area of SSR which is a little walk away from Grandstand. It is doable, but will take a little time. Overall I think Grandstand is a great location and hopefully your family will love it!

MinnieMommie
01-23-2008, 08:36 PM
I can't come up with any negatives about Grandstand. We stayed there in June '07 and had a ball. It is a hop skip and jump from teh main pool and eating area and very close to the boat launch for DD. If you want to walk to DD just head towards Congress. Grandstand is the first bus stop so the bus is not full when you get on. It has a great pool and additionally has horse heads that shoot water for the kids to play with. There is also quick food and a free drink area for your refillable mugs.

Question for you...how do you know you will be staying at Grandstand? :mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Question for you...how do you know you will be staying at Grandstand? :mickey:

I was wondering the same thing??:)

OP, We stayed in Grandstand for ten days in September and we thought it was THE perfect location

It is a very short walk to the main building and pool

First bus stop which is a huge plus

My kids loved the themed pool in that section

The rooms were immaculate

We will be requesting that location many times in the future, In fact we already did for our stay this December! :mickey:

Have a great trip!! We love everything about SSR!!:thumbsup:

ramftbl
01-24-2008, 12:28 PM
I should have stated in my earlier post that I have requested Grandstand. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.....

sillyolbear
01-24-2008, 02:05 PM
You guys have convinced me to request the Grandstand on our next trip. We've always been in the Springs before and been happy.

Being the first bus stop definitely has its benefits if the resort is crowded.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-24-2008, 11:25 PM
I should have stated in my earlier post that I have requested Grandstand. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.....

Okay...lol....I was going to ask you what the tip was?! I would LOVE to guarantee Grandstand!:thumbsup:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-24-2008, 11:27 PM
You guys have convinced me to request the Grandstand on our next trip. We've always been in the Springs before and been happy.

Being the first bus stop definitely has its benefits if the resort is crowded.

You will not be disapointed if you get Grandstand :thumbsup:

It was really a perfect location for us.

MinnieMommie
01-25-2008, 01:15 AM

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as well. One thing I would recommend is that you get a good map of the property. Carousel is not an ideal place to be as well as parts of Paddock. I do love this resort though and even if you are unable to get into Grandstand most other areas are also very nice. :mickey: