PDA

View Full Version : My Disney Girl Doll

Jenemmy
01-23-2008, 08:34 AM
Hi guys. While I was in WDW last week, I bought my DD one of the My Disney Girl dolls plus a Cinderella outfit to go with it for her upcoming third birthday. Now, let me just tell you up front that I am doll challenged. She has 2 big brothers and is just now getting to where she herself likes dolls instead of their hot wheels and dinosaurs. This is a whole new world to me.

What I am wondering is if the American Girl dolls are the same size and if their clothes would work for the Disney Girl doll. Also, anyone ever bought the disney costumes for it outside of Disney world? I found one web site that sells them, but they were quite a bit more expensive on there than they were at the parks.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
01-23-2008, 09:44 AM
This is coming from a dad, so read on with some skepticism...

I believe the outfits are interchangeable between the two types of dolls, but the shoes are not - I think the Disney shoes are smaller.

I can't even believe I know that!

scootch713
01-23-2008, 09:52 AM
yes, the are both 18 inch dolls. You can also buy clothes at Target under a brand called My Generation. You can call disney parks direct merchandise line at 407 363 6200 and order them for the same price as they are in the parks(plus shipping of course). Otherwise, check ebay, but your cheapest route will likely be the disney parks direct line(this telephone number is on any receipt from anything you purchased in the park).