PDA

View Full Version : Which week would you choose?

#1donaldfan
01-22-2008, 09:49 PM
I have to ask my intercot friends a very serious question. I have received a pin for up to 40% off our upcoming vaction, but it's for specific times. My vacations are very flexible in that I can take most weeks of the year that I may need. My preferred time would be mid August for the discounts. Now, prior to getting this, we had planned on going during the Christmas / New Years '08. We've never been during Christmas and have talked about it at length over the years, however have always gone during the summer. Now the question...our fam of 5 is sorta torn in that some want the summer and discount (me mostly) and some for the Christmas time frame. What would you choose and why. I understand Christmas is the absolute busiest, but very, very nice. My thought was take advantage of the discount this year and go during Christmas next year???????? any great idea's / concerns are very welcome.:confused:

dolphinmickey9170
01-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Take the discount! Then put what you will save toward the Christmas/New Year's trip next year. This is considered very high season, so prices will be higher for your resort.

Besides, we'll be there for two weeks in August. Maybe we can meet up for a fun ride or a dole whip!!:blush:

elmjimmlm
01-22-2008, 10:15 PM
I say you have to go with what your family wants...December would be the better time for you...You will most likely get another discount code for another time...You never know, you might have others in your family (namely your sister or something) want to go at the same time with you...:thumbsup:

(in case you couldnt figure out, I am his sister):hi:

NJ Camper
01-22-2008, 10:20 PM
How is mid aug have you been before we usually go either early dec or jan- feb area both are not bad usually this year due to a wedding in Fort lauderdale we went in early nov which wasn't to bad moderate crowds we stayed from the 11th- 19th the last days sat and sun we saw the crowd start to grow i guess for the people coming in for thanksgiving the only time we went in the summer was when we stayed in port orlean in 92 it was very hot and we ended up going to the room or spending the day in the pool to cool off just too hot for the parks couldn't enjoy it when we where soaked in sweat but maybe you like it hotter than we do or will spend more time in water parks my DW don't like water parks good luck and have a magical time :mickey:

dezignin
01-22-2008, 10:47 PM
We went dec 28 thru jan 6. I will not go back during this time. It was so busy/crowded. Our fav. time to go is late jan. Osbourne lights were the only lights that were "worth" seeing in my opinion. I am not trying to be negative but if you want to ride a lot of rides do not go at Christmas/New Years.

Christine
01-22-2008, 10:55 PM
We went dec 28 thru jan 6. I will not go back during this time. It was so busy/crowded. Our fav. time to go is late jan. Osbourne lights were the only lights that were "worth" seeing in my opinion. I am not trying to be negative but if you want to ride a lot of rides do not go at Christmas/New Years.

I went Dec. 24-Jan. 3rd, and while I agree it was crazy busy, I would definitely disagree that the Osbourne lights were the only things worth seeing.

The castle ice lights, EPCOT's tree and archway, not to mention the holiday parades and amazing fireworks...

If it were me, I'd do the discount this year (they don't give those out too much...I'd jump on it) and do Christmas next year.

Whatever you decide, have fun!

KAT1811
01-22-2008, 11:00 PM
I say you have to go with what your family wants...December would be the better time for you...You will most likely get another discount code for another time...You never know, you might have others in your family (namely your sister or something) want to go at the same time with you...:thumbsup:

(in case you couldnt figure out, I am his sister):hi:

:haha:

You could take a family vote, with 5 of you someone wins and someone loses.

Given the above, hysterical post, by your sister I would say to go in December with her. The memories you will make tralveing together :grouphug: will be wonderful and priceless, something that no amount of money can replace. Just my opinion (the opinion of an only child that would die for a sibling to share my family moments with).

The summer will be soooooo hot!!! :sun:

Whatever you decide have a wonderful trip!!! :mickey:

kdsjjb
01-23-2008, 09:50 AM
My family was just faced with the same situation. We were thinking about a trip the week following Thanksgiving, because we've never been there to see the Christmas trimmings.

We also got a code for November, the week after we usually go.

I don't know what you and your wife are like, but DW and I have been talking about going at Christmas time for about 5 years, but we always wind up putting it off for some reason or another.

Now, when we're finally ready to do it, we get the 40% code. Well, after much debate and family discussion, we've decided to do the later week. The way we look at it, with Christmas time becoming more busy every year, the timing of the parade, and the scheduling of Pop Warner week, we may not get the chance next year. We're going to do it now, because we've been putting it off for so long.

We'll forgo the 40%, and try going at the time we've been wanting to for years. There'll be other codes down the line, but for some reason or another, we may not have the opportunity to go for Christmas time again.

Good luck with your decision.

MickeyMousse
01-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Wow, what a quandry!!!! :confused:

August is sooo hot! :thedolls: And depending on when you go, you will have alot of families on summer vacation at the same time. We noticed a huge drop in the crowds after August 5th, as that seems to be when the South goes back to school. But it was really, really hot.

Xmas time is really crowded. :crowd: However, the decorations and holiday feeling is all around you and is absolutely grand. :candy: If you can deal with crowds-not just in the parks but in the restaurants, too-I'd go.

WDW always has a promotional discount at some point. So, go during the holidays and enjoy the wonder of it all. :santa3:

elmjimmlm
01-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Wow, what a quandry!!!! :confused:

August is sooo hot! :thedolls: And depending on when you go, you will have alot of families on summer vacation at the same time. We noticed a huge drop in the crowds after August 5th, as that seems to be when the South goes back to school. But it was really, really hot.

Xmas time is really crowded. :crowd: However, the decorations and holiday feeling is all around you and is absolutely grand. :candy: If you can deal with crowds-not just in the parks but in the restaurants, too-I'd go.

WDW always has a promotional discount at some point. So, go during the holidays and enjoy the wonder of it all. :santa3:

:haha:

You could take a family vote, with 5 of you someone wins and someone loses.

Given the above, hysterical post, by your sister I would say to go in December with her. The memories you will make tralveing together :grouphug: will be wonderful and priceless, something that no amount of money can replace. Just my opinion (the opinion of an only child that would die for a sibling to share my family moments with).

The summer will be soooooo hot!!!

Whatever you decide have a wonderful trip!!! :mickey:

#1donaldfan are you listening? This is very good advice. Now that this is resolved...on to planning...let me know when you have it booked...

#1donaldfan
01-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Amy, (elmjimmlm) my sister, just to let everyone know is loonie !!! She knows it's not up to me anyway, I don't run anything....I only survive in a life of DW, teens and almost teens.....I just want to be in Disney.....I just wanted to hear what others had to say and get some good advise...thanks to all who posted, now my DW can make here decision and let me know......the suspense is killing me. :confused: