PDA

View Full Version : What is your FAVORITE CHARACTER MEAL?

laguna
01-22-2008, 08:54 PM
Please tell us your favorite character meal. We will be going to Disney in March and are currently planning our dining reservations. We've noticted the Royal Table in the Castle is booked. Is there any hope that someone will cancel? Is it worth it to continue calling hoping for a cancellation?

NJ Camper
01-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Never hurts to try but if not dependingon if you have a character preference then that might help you pick one also if you like the winnie th pooh ones the crystal palace has great food Chef mickey has a great buffet also with you guessed it mickey,donald ,pluto and goofy then there is others but i know both of these 2 are very good

dolphinmickey9170
01-22-2008, 09:11 PM
First of all, :welcome: to Intercot.

If you truly have your heart set on Cinderella, try 1900 Park Fare. This is one of our favorite character meals. Cindy, the Prince, Step mommy and the ugly sisters are all there. It is a buffet and the food is great. The character interaction is hilarious. We really enjoyed it. If you book something, keep trying up until your time for what you have booked. If there is an opening, they'll be able to tell you. We called for another restaurant every day, a couple times per day when we were told they were over booked. We called again the day we wanted to eat and surprise, they were able to seat all 10 of us. Very Cool. Good luck and don't give up.

#1donaldfan
01-22-2008, 09:27 PM
We really liked Chef Mickey's at the CR, AK's Donalds Safari Breakfast, and the Princess dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the GF...I did try for quite a while for the breakfast in the castle, but I started too late and didn't get it last year, but it surely doesn't hurt to try, nothing ventured, nothing gained........good luck...:thumbsup:

AuntDJ
01-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Of course the Castle is the meal of all meal...I mean it is in Cindy's Castle...however, I really enjoyed the princess meal in Epcot-if you are going for princesses.

I really enjoyed Chef Mickeys and the AK Breakfast too. I have not been to 1900 park fare but have ressies for this upcoming trip.

Most of all..HAVE FUN!

DJ

adoptionislove
01-22-2008, 09:32 PM
We are going to the "castle" for dinner in March. We called 6 months to the day of our reservation and they only had a few spots left. My friends called the week before their visit and got right in. So, you never know. It never hurts to keep trying.

Also, a great character meal is the Princess one at Norway in EPCOT. ALL of the princesses are there and each one comes to the table and spends time with you. It is REALLY cute!!!!

Good Luck (I know it will happen for you)!

Miss Mouse
01-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread, but my question is related so I figured I would just ask it here.

It will be just DH and I on our upcoming trip (it'll be our honeymoon) and we are planning on doing a couple of character meals. As of right now, we're thinking Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's. My question is this - since we will have no kids with us, can we expect less character interaction at the meals (and throughout the park, for that matter) as compared to groups that include kids? Or are the characters "equal opportunity"? ;)

Just wondering what to expect!

princessjojo
01-22-2008, 09:41 PM
Our family loves Chef Mickey's. The biggest debate with regards to character meals is weather it's breakfast or dinner at Chef Mickey's.

SAHDad
01-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread, but my question is related so I figured I would just ask it here.

It will be just DH and I on our upcoming trip (it'll be our honeymoon) and we are planning on doing a couple of character meals. As of right now, we're thinking Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's. My question is this - since we will have no kids with us, can we expect less character interaction at the meals (and throughout the park, for that matter) as compared to groups that include kids? Or are the characters "equal opportunity"? ;)

My wife and I went before we had kids, and we did a couple of character meals. The characters (generally) wind up spending a bit more time with the kids, mainly because the kids are a bit more enthusiastic than most adults. But, we never had problems with characters ignoring us because we lacked children.

This last trip, we did breakfast in the Crystal Palace (with 12 or so of us, including 3 kids under the age of 4), and my family (of 4, with two under 4) did the dinner at Akershus (the Epcot Princess meal). The kids had more fun at CP, but that's probably because it was early in the day - younger kids just don't do as well when they're tired and overstimulated.

Jared
01-23-2008, 12:19 AM
It really depends what meal you like, but I really like dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. It's a traditional Thanksgiving feast served family-style with Goofy, Minnie, Chip and Dale. The food is quite good, and it's a little quieter and more manageable than the crazy character buffets at Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace.

:tasty:

Charlee
01-23-2008, 09:25 AM
Our favourite character meal has to the Crystal Palace, beautiful place, great character interaction, good food and its in the Magic Kingdom! We've also been to Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare and they are good but there's just something about the Winnie the Pooh gang!
Plus, we've always found as we're "grown ups" (rumoured to be anyway) we still get plenty of character interaction there.

Hayden's Dad
01-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Cinderella's Breakfast is probably our favorite but that could be from the big red kiss Hayden got from Snow White :thumbsup:, then... (Belle (blue dress, Snow, Jasmine, Aurora, and Cinderella downstairs)
Donald's Safari Breakfast. Good food great characters (Daisy Duck is here and she can be difficult to find)(Mickey, Donald, Daisy, Goofy in safari attire)
Cindy's Lunch. (Same as breakfast)
1900 Park Fare Dinner (Cinderella, Prince Charming, Anastasia, Drizella, and Lady Tremaine the last three are hilarious)
Crystal Palace Lunch (Pooh Bear, Piglet, Eeyore, and Tigger)
The Garden Grille Lunch (great food and great characters) (Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale (seperately) all in farmer attrie)
Chef Mickey's breakfast (Chef Mickey, Chef Donald, Chef Goofy, and Minnie)
Ohana's Breakfast (Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto)
1900 Park Fare breakfast (Alice, Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, Pooh Bear, and Tigger)
Akersus (Mulan was here and I have heard they have others that may not be at Cindy's We saw belle (formal) Mulan, Auora, Snow, and Jasmine. All the same ones from CIndy's breakfast and lunch except Mulan and Belle was in her blue dress at Cindy's plus no Cinderella.)

These are all ones we would do again in a heart beat. I would continue to try for Cindy's breakfast and lunch seem to have the same characters. If you are looking for princesses specifically then you can try Akershus they are there for all the meals.
Make sure you "play" with the characters. This is a great time to be a big kid and they love it whether you have kids or not don't miss out on the interaction jsut because you are a grown up. Have Fun!!!:mickey:

DDuck66
01-23-2008, 10:12 AM

My DW and I have no kids and we are big on the character meals. We always have great interaction, but the key is to interact with the characters first. When they come up to you, make a big deal so they know that you want to "play". We love getting Chip and Dale riled up. Usually all it takes is one good Donald Duck hat or shirt and they are ready for WAR.

Bri
01-23-2008, 11:47 AM
We have done character breakfasts at Cape May Cafe and 1900 Park Fare. Both had a lot of characters and really good food! I would suggest either.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-23-2008, 12:57 PM
I agree with most of the posts here. If you have never been just pick one you will love it. Each is different in their own way and special in threir own way. Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare, even Akersus at Epcot is wonderful. If you want princesses Akersus is the most cost effective for the characters, but there is something special about eating at Cindy's. Those ressies are very difficult to get so call early and often. Have fun!!!

DizNee143
01-23-2008, 01:13 PM
me and my family really enjoy chef mickeys..for breakfast or dinner..we love them both!! :mickey:

disneydrmr
01-23-2008, 04:00 PM

My sister and friend went and we ate numerous character meals (we are in our 30s) and the character interaction was GREAT! Like someone else said.. you must let the character know you wish to 'play'. Greet them, talk to them, engage them.. they will play as long as you want them to play.

To the original poster -
I LOVED Ohana! Great food and WONDERFUL character interaction!

Crystal Palace is another great one. Our server was not the greatest but the food was awesome and again, great character interaction.

As others have said... keep calling to see if anyone has cancelled. You never know.

DANAM
01-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Personally we prefer 1900 Park Fare. We are not crazy about the food at the castle. The princesses are probally better, but last time we went to 1900 we saw Cinderlla, prince Charming, the mice, fairy godmother. I think there where some other ones too. We have seen Mary Poppins and crew along with Alice and wonderland there before also.
Poly's great if you like Lilo and Stitch.
Hollywood and Vine is another one of our Fav's

joanna71985
01-24-2008, 08:12 PM
My favorites are LTT dinner, CP lunch/dinner, and CRT lunch. I eat at these at least once every trip.

Miss Mouse
01-24-2008, 08:14 PM
...we never had problems with characters ignoring us because we lacked children...

Plus, we've always found as we're "grown ups" (rumoured to be anyway) we still get plenty of character interaction there.

Make sure you "play" with the characters. This is a great time to be a big kid and they love it whether you have kids or not don't miss out on the interaction jsut because you are a grown up. Have Fun!!!:mickey:

My DW and I have no kids and we are big on the character meals. We always have great interaction, but the key is to interact with the characters first.

My sister and friend went and we ate numerous character meals (we are in our 30s) and the character interaction was GREAT!

Thank, all! These types of responses were EXACTLY what I was hoping for! We love the characters (I'm such a big Pooh Bear fan) and we're super excited about our character meals! :)

jedi jen
01-24-2008, 09:19 PM
It's me, DD(5) and DS(9). DD (and I) loves all the princess meals - CRT, 1900, and Akersus. We all have enjoyed all of them. My kids love Chef Mickey's and Garden Grill. Both kids think these are "must dos" for every trip. We have done Crystal Palace, but my kids have decided they are too old and cool for Winnie. I am not, but I am out numbered. We all had a great time when we went though. We have not done breakfast, and have always done lunch or dinner. We go in the summer, and take advantage of the early hours to run around in the parks. Bottom line--you can't go wrong. All are a great time. :mickey:

pixiegoose
01-24-2008, 09:23 PM

It's just DH and me and we did have issues at Crystal Palace with lack of character interaction. The characters constantly skipped our table (and the 2 behind us) and even after we (and the other 2 tables WITH kids
) complained, the characters came back to see the tables with kids but once again passed us by even though we told their "handlers" that we had been skipped, too- they basically told us "too bad". I was not happy. Sure, we don't have kids (yet) but there's a reason we chose a character meal. We eventually had Pooh come to our table on his knees, begging for forgiveness and our server (who could tell how upset I was :thedolls: ) gave us 2 or 3 fastpasses good for any ride in MK. Though many people seem to love this meal, we will be skipping it for the forseeable future.

As for a great character meal, we loved Liberty Tree Tavern. We had all the characters (Chip & Dale, Goofy, Minnie, Pluto) come by our table at least once, if not more than once. The characters are very entertaining (Chip & Dale chased each other around because Chip stole Dale's apron). We definitely plan on eating here again.

poohluva
01-25-2008, 07:54 AM
1. Crystal Palace
2. Chef Mickey's
3. Liberty Tree Tavern

These have all our favorite characters!!!

:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
01-25-2008, 11:35 AM
My two favorites are Chef Mickeys for breakfast and Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner! Both are wonderful and the food is good also! :mickey: