PDA

View Full Version : A birthday button in each park?

mickey&missy
01-22-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm having a debate with myself :blush:, should I get DD a birthday button in each park?

Our trip is 3/8 - 3/15, she turns 7 3/9. I'm trying to decide if its "fair" to get a button in each park even when we it isn't her birthday anymore. We celebrated her birthday a week early on our 1st trip back in 05. We had breakfast, with cake and singing Happy Birthday, at CRT and that was that. We didn't know about the buttons. Last trip we celebrated DS's birthday a week early. He got a button, but didn't get 1 acknowledgment of it :confused:, and we had dinner at Chef Mickey with a cake brought to us by Donald duck on a table with confetti etc (that was very cool)

For DD's actual birthday we have quite a day planned! Her and I are having breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, boarding the monorail for MK for a 9:30 am appointment for BBB, spending the day at MK, having dinner at Chef Mickey (her request) and then going on a Magical Gatherings Wishes Cruise with the whole family (MIL, FIL, SIL and her DH are going on the trip too)

Is it ok for her to celebrate her birthday the whole week?

DisFan01
01-22-2008, 07:36 PM
I would think it is okay to celebrate her birthday the whole week, because that is your reason for the whole trip (so the whole trip, she can wear it).

As for the pins, you can also get them at your resort. You don't have to get one at each park.

Sounds like you have a good time planned! Have fun! :thumbsup:

NJ Camper
01-22-2008, 07:45 PM
we got different ones from each park 2 years ago but I heard somewhere they where changing that and only having one style birthday button but don't know if that is true or if that was just a rumor anyone know what the deal is :confused:

DisFan01
01-22-2008, 07:53 PM
I can confirm that if you get your pin at the resort, there is only one kind/style.

I have never really heard of getting different ones at the parks, and I think either place you get them, they have the same effect in the parks.

I think some CM's might just not know what to do... :confused:

PirateLover
01-22-2008, 08:11 PM
They used to have different buttons but this is no longer the case. It is the same button for every park. Personally, I feel like you should only wear the button on your actual birthday, or if you are having a dinner or doing something special to celebrate the birthday on a different day. But That's only my opinion :twocents:

joanna71985
01-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Unfortunately there is only 1 style of birthday buttons now. Shame. I really liked the different ones.

Speedy1998
01-22-2008, 09:12 PM
I just thinking about birthday buttons. My birthday is 3-23 but my last day in the world is 3-21. You think it would be ok for me to get one on my last day?

NJ Camper
01-22-2008, 09:21 PM
That's close enough go ahead treat yourself to one :party:

KAT1811
01-22-2008, 11:08 PM
I would think it is okay to celebrate her birthday the whole week, because that is your reason for the whole trip (so the whole trip, she can wear it).

We just returned from a long weekend away for DD#1's 11th birthday and we celebrated it all weekend, everywhere we went. I would say that is most certainly okay to celebrate the whole week, after all like DisFan01 said it is the theme for the trip and a very special time anyway.

I will confess that my birthday celebrations are usually at least a week long (only child syndrome) :blush:, as are my children's. Live each day to the fullest and celebrate like there is no tomorrow is our family motto. Just my opinion!

Have a great trip! We are planning to spend our youngest two DDs birthdays in WDW this year. They'll be 2 and 4 this year and we will be spanning the celebration the length of the trip!!!

KineGirl
01-22-2008, 11:19 PM
We used to go for a week every year for our DD bday until she got older and school was more of an issue and we ABSOLUTELY let her wear her pin everyday!! For a long time we would joke that the poor kid was going to grow up thinking everyone had birthweeks and that hers was the first week of Oct.! LOL (phew! thank goodness thats not true :sick: ouch!) If a CM asked we were honest and none of them seemed offended by this. Sometimes no one even acknowledged she was wearing a pin for days and sometimes she got an icecream or something just about everyday. Now that being said, Ive been for my bday and my DH bday and we only wear our pins on our actual bdays. I say let her wear it! You only turn 7 in WDW once!

Here we go again...
01-23-2008, 08:36 AM
I celebrate my birthday for a whole month (in the real world). I will be in Disney World next week and want to get a Birthday button SSSSoooooo bad since it will be in my Birthday month.
I just have this fear that SgtTigger will be following me around the parks telling everyone "her birthday was a week and a half ago". Or maybe he would make Piglet822 do it for him...

Hayden's Dad
01-23-2008, 10:08 AM
We collected buttons for Hayden. He got a brithday button from every park (who cares if they are the same) A first trip button, he had our anniversary button, The Epcot button that comes with the passports, the animal kingdom button you get when you make a donation, a pirates of the carridean button he got from guest services at Epcot, and I think he had a couple more maybe even another birthday button.
I say celebrate for the whole week. Your daughter will get loads of attention from CM's and the characters and several of the characters may even personlize their autographs if they see her name on the button. We had several made out to Hayden, or to Prince Hayden, or Happy birthday Hayden. Have fun!! :mickey:

Disneyatic
01-23-2008, 10:44 AM
I would definitely let her wear it the whole week!
We had our daughter's birthday noted on our reservation and the CM that checked us in gave us a button for her when we checked into the hotel.
I mentioned that her birthday wasn't until that Friday and she said "It's Disney, celebrate it all week, she can wear it as long as she wants!"

DD is shy and didn't want to wear it much, but she did wear it that day and got lots of good wishes!

So go for it and have fun!

garymacd
01-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Don't worry about it. We celebrated our 25th anniversary every day for a week and a half!

malip
01-23-2008, 01:43 PM
We just got back from celebrated our DD's 3rd birthday at the park. The pins are all the same now. As far as wearing the pin on a day that is not your birthday, we tried to get ours to put the pin on for the second day, but she refused because it wasn't her birthday anymore! I guess her vote would be only on the actual day.

fielin
01-23-2008, 02:07 PM
I celebrated my 30th birthday by wearing my birthday button the whole week, and was honest about it at the restaurants. This was no problem : a lot of CMs told me that 30 was a big deal and that I could wear it as long as I wanted to.

But I actually stopped wearing it after my birthday because I just had enough of hearing "Hapy Birthday" every 30 seconds. :blush:

mickey&missy
01-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks everyone!

I know she'll enjoy any extra attention she gets. I thought all the button were different. We'll get one when we check-in and she can wear all week if she wants!!

Thanks again!