PDA

View Full Version : California Grill Lounge

919Florida
01-22-2008, 07:15 PM
I was just told something I was not aware of and wanted to check on it. I was told you can dine in the California Grille Lounge without any dining reservations. Is this true? I thought you had to have a reservation to get up there? If it is true what type of menu do they serve and what is the prices like?

Thanks for any help you can give. :thumbsup:

Crow
01-22-2008, 07:28 PM
from what i was told, as long as there is room you can go up. & food is available, which i assume is the reg menu. i may try that option.

SBETigg
01-22-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm not sure there's always availability, but you could certainly ask. There's not a lot of seating in the lounge area, from what I recall. The food is pricey (what you would pay for any finer dining experience, not outlandish) but amazing and well worth it.

California Grill Dinner Menu (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/resorts/calgrilldinner.asp)

KAT1811
01-22-2008, 10:49 PM
From what I understand it is seating in either the lounge or the bar and is on a first come first serve basis. You have to check in at the podium on the 2nd floor (I think it is the 2nd floor, can't really remember). I suppose that you would have to check at the podium and then they would be able to tell you if there is indeed room for you. Good luck! CG was wonderful and we truly enjoyed dining there.

splashtest
01-24-2008, 10:18 AM
The bar and the lounge tend to get pretty crowded. You would need to get up there and scope out the scene. Your allowed to go up and have a drink without having ressies. Just make sure your in dress code. No jeans, sneaker, tanks....business casual will do.:D

SBETigg
01-24-2008, 12:51 PM
The bar and the lounge tend to get pretty crowded. You would need to get up there and scope out the scene. Your allowed to go up and have a drink without having ressies. Just make sure your in dress code. No jeans, sneaker, tanks....business casual will do.:D

Actually, nicer jeans and sneakers are allowed. T-shirts are allowed now, too. They've modified the dress code at most signature dining places. You may still feel more comfortable dressed up a little more than usual theme park attire, but they have a relaxed attitude toward the dress code. No thong sandals, bathing suits, tank tops, or torn/disheveled clothing, and use good sense but don't stress over it.