Briansmom
01-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Do they serve Coke Zero at WDW?

Jenemmy
01-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Hi there :mickey: They had coke zero at the POFQ food court last week :D

DakotaDisney
01-22-2008, 07:25 PM
I have had Cherry Coke Zero and I like it.

But the other day I was looking at the labels for Coke Zero and Diet Coke and I didn't see any difference.

What's the difference? Is it the sweetner that is used?

Briansmom
01-22-2008, 08:51 PM
I don't know what the difference is as far as the ingredients go....I just know it is the best diet drink ever! Tastes just like a Coke without all that sugar!

Glad to know they serve it at POFQ as that is where we are staying! :yay: ...This just might help me make up my mind whether or not to get a refillable mug!

DDuck66
01-23-2008, 10:15 AM
They also had it at the Food Court located in the Land at EPCOT. That was the only place in the parks that I found it. Hopefully more will start carrying it. It is my all time FAVE diet drink.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-23-2008, 10:25 AM
:number1: That's my favorite too....hopefully they'll increase availability before my December trip

biodtl
01-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Coke Zero is my favorite, too. They didn't have ot the last time I was there, so I hope by Oct, it will be more widely available.

But the other day I was looking at the labels for Coke Zero and Diet Coke and I didn't see any difference.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I read that Diet Coke uses the formula for "New Coke" - that horrible 80's invention that everyone hated. Coke got so many complaints that they brought Classic Coke back, but the Diet version uses that formula. Then a few years ago, they came out with a diet version that uses the Classic Coke formula and that is what Coke Zero is.

Like I said, i don't know if it's true, but it makes sense. Zero tastes more like regular Classic, but Diet has that too sweet taste that New Coke had.

celestesmommie
01-23-2008, 07:19 PM
I worked in the food business up until a few months ago and this is the reason told to me by my juice rep..... There is absolutely no difference between Coke Zero & Diet Coke. Coke did focus groups and men did not feel comfortable carrying around a Diet Coke can or bottle. They felt that it was too feminine looking. So they created Coke Zero and the rest of the Zero line with their more manly looking labels so men would feel more comfortable drinking it in public. I don't know if that is true but that was the story that I was told.

Polynesian Dweller
01-23-2008, 08:54 PM
I worked in the food business up until a few months ago and this is the reason told to me by my juice rep..... There is absolutely no difference between Coke Zero & Diet Coke. Coke did focus groups and men did not feel comfortable carrying around a Diet Coke can or bottle. They felt that it was too feminine looking. So they created Coke Zero and the rest of the Zero line with their more manly looking labels so men would feel more comfortable drinking it in public. I don't know if that is true but that was the story that I was told.
I drink both and have to say that Coke Zero has a very different taste. Much closer to Classic Coke that Diet and I far prefer Zero when I can get it. Hope its more widely distributed when we get back there this year, didn't know that had it at all.

#1donaldfan
01-23-2008, 09:17 PM
Wow that's too funny, how they can market something that is exactly the same, and make you think that there is a difference...the power of great marketing and the power of persuasion....:secret:

Polynesian Dweller
01-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Wow that's too funny, how they can market something that is exactly the same, and make you think that there is a difference...the power of great marketing and the power of persuasion....:secret:

If you notice the posted said they weren't sure that was true. Well its not. They are distinctly different when you try them together and that isn't in the head. They aren't alike any more than Pepsi and Coke are alike, very close but not the same.

By the way, the ingredients change from area to area depending on various laws so the taste in one country can be slightly different from another. That's true for most diet beverages.

My father used to work for Coke and knew their formulas, never shared them, but knows that they are different and its in the natural flavours that are never revealed since they are top trade secrets to Coke.

biodtl
01-24-2008, 09:37 AM
I've tried Zero and Diet side by side and they are definitely not the same.

And if you look on the back of the can (where the ingredients are listed from most to least), aspartame is listed second on Diet and third on Zero, meaninf Zero had less. Also, Zero has acesulfame potassium (another sweetener) and Diet doesn't.