PDA

View Full Version : VWL at 7 months

pbkahn
01-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Since everyone was very helpful with my last question here are 2 more. In everyone's opinion, what is the likelihood of being able to get a 1BR villa at the VWL from 12/6/08 - 12/14/08 at the 7 month mark?

And if we can get it, is there a view to request when making the reservation? I've read that it is possible to see some of the MK fireworks from certain locations, and if possible, I'd like to make our request as early as possible. Again, thanks for all of the help.

Peter

DVC Mike
01-22-2008, 05:03 PM
In everyone's opinion, what is the likelihood of being able to get a 1BR villa at the VWL from 12/6/08 - 12/14/08 at the 7 month mark?

I would think your chances would be slim to none. December is a busy DVC time, especially for VWL. And with only 136 units, VWL is the smallest DVC resort at WDW.

We spend every December at VWL!

chefmickey3
01-23-2008, 09:51 AM
We are new DVC members as well. I just booked a 1 bedroom at VWL 7 months out (home resort is Saratoga Springs) for 10 days in August without a problem. I was told on this might be difficult to get. I would say try, but book your home resort now. There was no issue switching the reservation and we did not lose any points because Saratoga is slightly less than VWL. Good luck! We are so excited to be staying there this summer!

LynneM
01-23-2008, 12:15 PM
There's a huge difference in demand between August and December. December is wildly popular with DVC members, and folks sometimes have trouble booking VWL at 11 months out.

I don't think you'd be able to see fireworks from VWL. The vast majority of villas have a view of the woods, and even the few that overlook the courtyard pool have the main lodge building between you and the MK. Even the lodge has very few rooms that have any view of fireworks at all.

pox24
01-23-2008, 02:31 PM
I would think it would be hard. We are driving up tonight and are staying there. We booked in October and were wait listed for a week. This is a slow time too. You never know though.

tinkerbell04
01-23-2008, 03:12 PM
There's a huge difference in demand between August and December. December is wildly popular with DVC members, and folks sometimes have trouble booking VWL at 11 months out.

I don't think you'd be able to see fireworks from VWL. The vast majority of villas have a view of the woods, and even the few that overlook the courtyard pool have the main lodge building between you and the MK. Even the lodge has very few rooms that have any view of fireworks at all.

:ditto:

I think the rooms that you can see the fireworks are all in the main lodge.

sillyolbear
01-23-2008, 04:37 PM
I, too, would think December would be tough at the 7 month mark. My guess would be that many of the resorts would be tough then.

The Villas are situated so that the lodge is between the MK and the Villas, so there are no rooms that would give a fireworks view.

wendy*darling
01-23-2008, 06:39 PM
I would say try, but book your home resort now.

Always TRY. And always have a reservation at 11 months at your home resort.

You can call on the first day of the 7 month window and get an idea if you will be able to make the switch. Sometimes it's best to switch over one day at a time, but MS can tell if you if you have a chance or not.
And you can always get on the wait list.

The early part of December is THE busiest time of the year for DVC members. All the DVC resorts will be hopping!

Best of luck. :mickey:

Horizon93
01-23-2008, 11:31 PM
I agree that you should try. It is unlikely as VWL is likely the most popular DVC resort at Christmas time. I would definitely book a reservation at your home resort as soon as possible.

lockedoutlogic
01-24-2008, 02:15 PM
It will be easier for you if you plan on a 1 BR...as that particular type of room really doesn't server much more of a function than the studios for double the points

you might have good luck on this one...though Wilderness Lodge is by far the most "Christmasy" hotel on disney property....really great at the holidays...and in demand

dvcdad
02-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Very close to zero.