PDA

View Full Version : Which Park?

Janet89
01-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Thinking of a quickie weekend trip. Only have time for two parks. Will do MK since DS HAS to see Capt. Jack.
Which other park for late afternoon - evening? We have only been to MK. . . . .
TIA!!

MMouse6937
01-22-2008, 04:15 PM
My choice would be EPCOT, but if you're looking for the totally opposite of MK you might try AK, there are a lot of neat shows to see and nice landscape. It's relaxing. Have fun!! :thumbsup:

crazy4tink
01-22-2008, 04:25 PM
My choice would be Holloywood Studios; I liked it best last time we were there, because after leaving the bustle of MK, it really seemed much less crowded and relaxing. :)

Just a tip though, you may want to check out what park hours are on the weekend you are planning for... for example, I know during this time of year AK closes around 5pm most days; just a thought!

Wherever you end up, have a fabulous time... I am COMPLETELY jealous; I'm a little too far away (PA) for a quickie weekend trip. :confused:

BA

wow, this is my first post... I feel so important!

BouncingTigger
01-22-2008, 04:28 PM
I would say AK because it's such a unique park at WDW but it usually closes at 5 or 6, so unless you can get evening EMH it won't be a good choice for late afternoon-evening.

If not AK, then I'd go Epcot because there is so much to do. However, if you want to see an excellent night time show, see Fantasmic at the Studios. But you have to get there pretty early before the show starts, so it can be a real time killer, which is especially important when you have limited time.

MOJoe
01-22-2008, 04:29 PM
This really has to with personal preferences. All the parks have great rides, shows, and eateries. Which one ends up being your favorite is up to you. But with limited time, i would check the EMH schedule and head to the park open late, provided you are staying on site.
If there is no evening EMH, you may want to try the Studios. Being smaller than MK or Epcot, you may be able to get enough done that you feel you have "seen the park". Epcot, though the closest to MK, is so big, that spending only a half day there, may be overwhelming. I would rule out AK because it is the first to close (usually) and the farthest from MK. But no matter which you choose, you will find something that you like. Hope this helps.

disneymom15
01-22-2008, 04:35 PM
How old is your son, and do you both like thrill rides? If you do, I'd do Studios because of Rocknrollercoast and TOT. If you don't, I'd do Epcot for Soarin and Test track.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-22-2008, 04:43 PM
:) Personally, I would choose Epcot because I love World Showcase . However, only having one more day maybe you could do 1/2 at Hollywood Studios and 1/2 at Animal Kingdom.

DisFan01
01-22-2008, 04:43 PM
If you don't have much time, I'd do Animal Kingdom and ride Expedition Everest. But Epcot is a better park, with more to do. As mentioned before, it is personal preference. :mickey:

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
01-22-2008, 04:52 PM
I also recommend Disney Hollywood Studios..it has a different set of rides and shows from MK and some of the best rides and theming in all of WDW :mickey: (ToT for example! :number1: )

#1donaldfan
01-22-2008, 05:11 PM
MK is a definate.....AK would be my second, for sure!!!!!!! There is so much to do and enjoy there......especially with children......just my 2 penny's worth....:thumbsup:

dteed
01-22-2008, 06:00 PM
EPCOT, it was Walt's vision.

DakotaDisney
01-22-2008, 06:31 PM
It depends on lots of different factors:

How old is your DS and/or other kids?
younger kids: MK & Studios
middle school: Studios & AK
High school: Studios & Epcot
Adults: Epcot & AK

What kind of activities does your family like?
Thrill Rides : AK & Studios
Shows: Studios, MK & AK
Fun non-thrill rides : MK, AK
Educational: Epcot, AK
Animals: Obviously AK

Are you staying on disney property?
If so, check the schedule for extra magic hours, so you can get more time in that park.

Which of these would you pick:

Fantasy & Imagination: MK
Cultural & Educational: Epcot
Adventure: AK & MK
Popular Culture: Studios

Janet89
01-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks everyone! Looks like Studios might be the best choice. DS is 7 (almost 8). He really likes Cars characters, too.